Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which RTD should I try?

Star Wars (set between Episodes 3 and 4)
- 2 (20%)
Gunnerkrigg Court
- 5 (50%)
Starcraft
- 1 (10%)
Dragonball
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Question on New RTD  (Read 3782 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Question on New RTD
« on: May 02, 2010, 07:57:32 pm »

So with one Star Wars RTD opening up, I felt a sudden desire to do an RTD of my own based on an established canon. However, I am suddenly having difficulty desiring not whether I should jump on the bandwagon, but how I should go about said jumping. As far as I can think of I have 4 options.

Star Wars: This would be set between episodes 3 and 4, to balance out the other RTD set after Episode 6. This is arguably the series I know the best, but I would have to spend much time consulting Wookieepedia and it could get very complicated with so many different planets, races, locations, factions, etc. That, however, is half the fun.

DC: Set in the DC universe, once again a parallel to an existing RTD, specifically Jay Kayell's Marvel RTD. Now, I am no expert on the DC universe so I may need occasional correcting here. However, I have spent enough time troping and otherwise researching to have a good idea of where to start off.

Star Trek: I will admit, I know little about Star Trek beyond the crews, the races, and that Kirk has a tendency to either kill something or sleep with it, with no middle ground. I would have to do somewhat painstaking research here, but it could be done.

Dragonball: I am almost loathe to suggest this one, but the one done before was just so much FUN. I loved it, and was sad to see it die. I would be willing to give it another chance as *sigh* I know quite a lot about the universe in question. This one could be really fun, and would probably require the least work, but would still cause annoyances in trying to make sure nobody hits a massive power level too quickly.

Of course, if you have a better idea, tell me. I'm willing to consider any suggestions, but I will choose amongst the non-major choices at my own discretion.

Finally, to those who might not be worried but I'm fairly certain that's none of you, GeneRTD is not dead. Taking this up shouldn't take much more effort, as usually when I even have time to make a turn I have so much free time I could make two without trying too hard.

So, vote. I guess.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question on New RTD
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:23:14 pm »

Earthbound?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:57:31 pm »

Hmm...how about a megacrossover? You can use as many franchises as you want.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 01:05:23 pm »

Where is there a Star Wars RTD?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:08:18 pm »

STARCRAFT!!!! :D ;D :D ;) :) 8)
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 01:23:47 pm »

Fallout3?

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 02:04:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:13:11 am by Stany »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 03:59:25 pm »

Warcraft?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 04:02:55 pm »

LotR? Gunnerkrigg Court? Gurren Lagann?

Just some suggestions. If you don't know much about GC or TTGL, read the comic/watch the anime, respectively. They are awesome.

goter76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 04:16:25 pm »

Lord of the rings would be cool

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 05:33:15 pm »

Need a Babylon 5 one. I don't even know why you don't have it up there yet.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

goter76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 06:49:18 pm »

Where is there a Star Wars RTD?
I am making one, it is in production now, it will take place after episode 6 and... I cant give away anymore information about it for it will be up very soon.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 07:36:47 pm »

Okay, first off, you don't HAVE to post another suggestion, just in case there was any confusion. I realize now I may have worded that poorly.

And as to why I do not have Bablyon 5 or Lord of the Rings on the list, well, I don't really know a lot about the lore. Don't get me wrong, I know the basics of Bablyon 5, and I know the LotR trilogy inside and out. But the expanded universe is very much a mystery to me, and it'd take a lot of work.

As for Warcraft, I have some personal hang-ups with that universe that prevent me from working with it. Starcraft, however, I am willing to try. Be warned, though, that the most I know about it is that Kerrigan is a hot space zombie, the Protoss are a cross between the Elites from Halo and Samurai, and that Jim Raynor is the douchebag to end all douchebags.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 08:07:47 pm »

I dont know, I always wanted to do Deus Ex one tho.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 08:35:25 pm »

...No he's not. :P
Pages: [1] 2 3