Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: World of Pokemon: RP game  (Read 2183 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World of Pokemon: RP game
« on: May 02, 2010, 07:47:03 pm »

Note that this is a somewhat serious thread.

After getting the urge to pick up Pokemon again, I decided that an RP thread would be kinda fun. It was originally going to go up on the Agora, but that board seems to be having some problems right now.

To start, simply PM me with a bio for a character. Give as much or as little information as you'd like. You may list a few starting pokemon as well, but note that the auto-balance system will be in effect (the mons will be as strong as the plot demands) Here's an example of a decent enough bio sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Once I've gotten a few bio sheets, I'll write up start positions and we can go from there.

Character information (probably not updated):

The story so far:
The newly reformed Team Rocket has once again taken action against the world. They've occupied Radiant Garden, intent on controlling the Silph Co. Offices there.
Our heroes find themselves locked in offices turned prison cells without any of their precious Pokemon.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:52:07 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: World of Pokemon: RP game
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:21:20 pm »

PM sent. This looks like it'll be fun.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:27:58 pm »

Huh. I haven't played anything pokemon related for over two years now, but I guess I could give it a shot. PM otw.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:33:00 pm »

Well, I had the first turn written up, but I guess that we'll be waiting for RNG to PM his character first.
It's not like I need sleep becuase I've got one of the tests my entire school year was focused on preparing me for in eight hours or anything.  :D

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:13:04 am »

Sieko paced back and forth in front of the 3rd floor window, Black uniformed Team Rocket Grunts walked the streets. He was understandably worried about his Pokemon. It hadn't been the best idea to charge into the biggest group of Rockets he could find. Now, he was separated from all his gear and locked in an office. He'd tried the phone, but it was disconnected.

Behind the desk, hogging the single chair, Sieko's cellmate lounged. Scientists were awfully weird types, the labcoated man didn't seem all that concerned. Eventually, the scientist spoke up, first thing he said after a brief introduction, "Well, we'd best see about getting out of here, no?"

Without waiting for a response, he pushed off of the floor and rolled to a wall. He rapped his knuckles against the wood paneling. "Anybody there? I'm Ottan."

To everyone's relief, a voice started talking back.

"It's good to hear someone else. I'm Barbarossa, Ace Trainer."

"Pleased to meet you. I've got another trainer in here, name of Sieko. What's you situation?"

"Well, I've got a company employee in here with me. She says that her name is Lyra. Other than that, it's a locked office. However, the door has a big enough window that I've been doing some observing. It looks like this hallway is just offices. There's one Rocket who walks by every now and then. Interestingly enough, the room across the hallway looks like it has a bunch of Pokeballs thrown on the desk."

Map (won't always be present):

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 08:05:34 am »

>Have medicham Hi Jump Kick the door. It's time to bust out of here.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 02:16:52 pm »

So.. is there room for 1 more?
Or is it too late to join now that it's started?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 02:38:11 pm »

So.. is there room for 1 more?
Or is it too late to join now that it's started?

I wonder this too.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »

>Have medicham Hi Jump Kick the door. It's time to bust out of here.
that wont work.....
Our heroes find themselves locked in offices turned prison cells without any of their precious Pokemon.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 03:19:18 pm »

Well, is conversation a free action? If so I have an idea how to get out of here.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 03:42:04 pm »

Turn format is open, discussion amongst players is a free action and joiners are encouraged to send me PMs with their characters so that I can work them in as quickly as possible.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 03:47:03 pm »

"So, guys. I think I have an idea about how to get out of here. Its just a thought, but most doors are made so that if you kick at the handle, they break. Its for fire code. I'm not sure if that would work here, but it might be an idea as to how we could break out."
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 06:40:01 pm »

Hmm.. character Information seem to be abit confusing.. howabout you split them up with -'s or something?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 08:45:57 pm »

In my defense, the character sheet was mostly placed there becuase I didn't want to flip between PM messages.

I'm waiting for some consensus amongst the active players before I update. I might work in a turn to give the situation of the newcomers.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 09:05:05 pm »

whoops, forgot that we don't have our pokemans.

>Find out if Employee Lyra has a key to any part of the building

"That sounds like a good plan. Does anyone know what building we're in? I think our Pokemon are in the room across the hall from us, judging by the Pokeballs on the desk."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: [1] 2