Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarvew won't stockpile imported goods  (Read 289 times)

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
Dwarvew won't stockpile imported goods
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:37:19 pm »

I've always had trouble getting my dwarves to stockpile things I've imported (mainly clothe and leather bins).  When I buy some, my clotheir will run up 10 lvls everytime just to get 1 piece of cloth and run back down.  I have correct stockpile settings for my clothing area, but still they won't carry a bin down.  It's not just with bins either.  They'll only go up and get stuff when they need it.  So I always have to individually create garbage zones and dump the different things step by step to where I want them to be, 3 times a year >>, is this a problem with anyone else?
I like sushi.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvew won't stockpile imported goods
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:51:06 pm »

Sounds like you have ordered your stockpile not to accept bins (by using "q", selecting the  stockpile and setting the number of bins to 0 )

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 02:35:03 pm »

Forgot to mention i'm using 40d, how do I let my clothing stockpile use bins?  Btw, it's interesting that I have hundereds of clothing items in the stockpile, none in bins for some reason.  I allow bins and boxes and bags under many menus, and it'll put empty bins there, but won't put clothes inside?
I like sushi.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 02:43:30 pm »

If you press q and hower the  cursor over the stockpile  (so that it is selected)
you see the numbers of barrels and bins allowed in your stockpile and can change the numbers  (if I remember correctly e/E vs. r/R to de and increase barrels and c/C vs. v/V to de and increase the number of bins (although it might well  be the other way round).