Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should the leader of the Automatons be made of?

Platinum
Diamond
Platinum bones and Diamond tissue

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Automaton Fortress (2.0)  (Read 26796 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton Fortress (2.0)
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2011, 04:27:15 pm »

Locate the automaton entity(entity default, unless there's a special file).
Add [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to said entity.
Save and quit.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

TheOddDemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn Baby Burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2011, 01:19:01 pm »

Posting to watch.

This mod seems very promising.
I eat dead people.

Zyuta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2011, 10:26:54 pm »

You're wanting ideas? Okay then.
Add in "Turrets" so you don't have to waste your precious Automatons. There is advantages and disadvantages to Turrets, we can't have something OP on the player side now can we? (<- Sarcasm)

Advantages:
1: They are automatic static defense. They don't move, but the fire quickly with decent accuracy.
2: No Automaton manning required! Just build it and ensure it has what it needs to work.
3: The bullets do no damage to your automatons/dwarves, and ignore any cloth/leather armor!

Dis-Advantages:
1: It needs to create its own ammo (It shoots bullets, okay?). It requires one steel bar every thirty shots.
2: You need to construct it out of silver only. No other metal.
3: It has a 30 tile range, but it can only shoot on the same z-level. It can also still hurt your animals.
4: It can only store 30 bullets, and WILL NOT shoot dwarves. It will only shoot hostile creatures, goblins, elves, titans, dragons, and humans. Somehow it tells the difference between hostile and non-hostile.

Yeah, it is entirely meant for early defense if you bother to give yourself the required materials. It can detect invisible units like a dwarf or an animal. Construction requires two silver bars, or a silver bar and a silver block.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2011, 10:33:50 pm »

You're wanting ideas? Okay then.
Add in "Turrets" so you don't have to waste your precious Automatons. There is advantages and disadvantages to Turrets, we can't have something OP on the player side now can we? (<- Sarcasm)

Advantages:
1: They are automatic static defense. They don't move, but the fire quickly with decent accuracy.
2: No Automaton manning required! Just build it and ensure it has what it needs to work.
3: The bullets do no damage to your automatons/dwarves, and ignore any cloth/leather armor!

Dis-Advantages:
1: It needs to create its own ammo (It shoots bullets, okay?). It requires one steel bar every thirty shots.
2: You need to construct it out of silver only. No other metal.
3: It has a 30 tile range, but it can only shoot on the same z-level. It can also still hurt your animals.
4: It can only store 30 bullets, and WILL NOT shoot dwarves. It will only shoot hostile creatures, goblins, elves, titans, dragons, and humans. Somehow it tells the difference between hostile and non-hostile.

Yeah, it is entirely meant for early defense if you bother to give yourself the required materials. It can detect invisible units like a dwarf or an animal. Construction requires two silver bars, or a silver bar and a silver block.
Im not sure if you can even mod in siege weapons... Its a very ambitious idea however.
The closest thing to a turret is a weapons trap with a crossow in it.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:04 pm »

Im not sure if you can even mod in siege weapons... Its a very ambitious idea however.
The closest thing to a turret is a weapons trap with a crossow in it.
There's a thread with a living turret creature. They get pastured / chained where you need defences. I think that's the idea here. They can use breath weapons, or maybe webs.

This is the thread :-

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84218.0
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:59:34 pm by Reelyanoob »

Dub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2011, 07:24:48 am »

any updates?

chemioterapia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2011, 01:24:38 pm »

Kinect/Solar Automaton's, no need to eat, no need to drink.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »

Kinect/Solar Automaton's, no need to eat, no need to drink.

Making suggestions for what seems a dead mod, eh?

I like the idea, though, and I may do something with it when I'm done with my Genesis Fortbent modmod.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:22:51 pm by Putnam »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2011, 06:21:38 am »

I know this is sort of dead, but I dug through the raws and it is possible to mod in new siege ammo.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2011, 11:53:33 am »

You guys have my permission to do as you please with the mod, since I don't really care for it anymore. Just give me credit for the work already done and have fun modding!
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2012, 08:27:59 pm »

Alright, I've been working on this...

Things to do:

White:Not started

Yellow:Partially done

Teal:Done. Pending release

Red:Suspended

-leader can only be a diamond automaton (can't designate specific caste for leader at this point in time, though there are tags for it)

-Automaton animals (rovers that clean vermin and such, defensive robots, etc)

-weapon/tool hand (drill hand, axe hand, etc), though slightly hackish.

-let Automatons eat something, such as charcoal or oil (Specific food is kind of iffy at this point, but I'm sure it's workable)

Some comments: The specific food is going to be a kind of food pet that will "gather fuel" (meander about and maybe graze) until it's "full" (fully grown), at which case it may be "harvested" (butchered).

EDIT: Yes, it's all done now. I'm going to make more, but for now I only have vermin-hunting and food rovers. I'm going to later have some other rovers and turrets and such.

EDIT 2: Welp, that's problematic. As it turns out, the fuel rovers only drop one unit of food when they're butchered! I guess I'll have to see if I can make it shearable.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:04:05 pm by Putnam »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2012, 09:37:03 pm »

Eheheh- attempts to make the fuel rover work have come up with "rover meaty ladles" and "rover meaty cauldrons" >_>

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »

Have rover meat be refined into oil (drink) and scrap metal (food) and be able to turn metal bars into scrap metal aswell?

Or any metal item (useful invader gear? Eat their equipment)

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »

I notcied that you wanted to have the epic automatons be the leaders?

I can help you with that. The nobles sytem does have a creature class token. This is similar to syndromes. Most of the creatures in DF (Dwarves, elves, humans, domestics, most 'natural' creatures etc.) have a creature class of GENERAL_POISON.

In the creatures raw file, simply add a class AUTOMATON_NOBLE or something similar. Then, in the nobles section of the entity raw, restrict the position to only members of that class. (It was something like ALLOWED_CLASS or something, I cant remember.)

NOTE: This wont restrict noble appointments during worldgen, but it WILL restrict noble appointments during Fortress Mode.

I used the same trick in my CivMod to restrict some noble positions to a specific caste.
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2012, 10:16:50 pm »

I notcied that you wanted to have the epic automatons be the leaders?

I can help you with that. The nobles sytem does have a creature class token. This is similar to syndromes. Most of the creatures in DF (Dwarves, elves, humans, domestics, most 'natural' creatures etc.) have a creature class of GENERAL_POISON.

In the creatures raw file, simply add a class AUTOMATON_NOBLE or something similar. Then, in the nobles section of the entity raw, restrict the position to only members of that class. (It was something like ALLOWED_CLASS or something, I cant remember.)

NOTE: This wont restrict noble appointments during worldgen, but it WILL restrict noble appointments during Fortress Mode.

I used the same trick in my CivMod to restrict some noble positions to a specific caste.

I know that, but it doesn't work much. In my other mod, Fortbent, it doesn't seem to be working at all.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9