Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Beasts are awesome. I hate beasts.  (Read 2852 times)

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beasts are awesome. I hate beasts.
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:55:40 am »

I *had* a fortress. About 60 dwarves doing fine in between the first and second caverns. Then I get attacked by 3x forgotten beasts and an ettin.

No problem. Bronze axes wreak havoc. A twisted cobra managed to sneak in and kill someone's baby, but all in all they were fair fun.

And then this little gem shows up:

A great blob composed of water. It has wings and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its deadly dust! My axedwarf chopped off its wings while it was over a pit, dropping it about 3 z-levels. The only body part it has left is its red body. Every time someone hits it, it causes the cave-in effect. Most of my fort is now dead from being slammed against obstacles.

The beast is unkillable.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beasts are awesome. I hate beasts.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:58:54 am »

I suppose I should mention that this is before the end of the second year. I haven't reached magma yet.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:00:30 am »

Cave in on the beast! Yay for irony!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 01:04:17 am »

Let a cave swallowman kill it!
Not going to work, this beast is made out of water, it has no vital organs. So spears are nearly useless, and his cave-in effect will kill almost anyone before they can do fatal damage.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 01:06:05 am »

....Still let a cave swallowman kill it!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 01:08:05 am »

...How about you kill it? You have just as much chance as a cave swallow man does.
*gives Max White a tower-cap spear and then pushes him down a pit onto the beast*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 01:10:09 am »

...How about you kill it? You have just as much chance as a cave swallow man does.
*gives Max White a tower-cap spear and then pushes him down a pit onto the beast*

Here ya wee beastie. Max just wants to play with ya!

Look, I bought a stick, we can play fetch!

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 01:35:33 am »

Prep Max White's tomb.

I want those gold statues polished and shined!

POLISHED AND SHINED, DAMN IT!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 02:09:00 am »

Ooh, some nice, polished, shiny statues.

*McSteal*
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 02:11:06 am »

Ooh, some nice, polished, shiny statues.

*McSteal*
IT'S A KOBOOOOLD!!

KILL IIIIT!!

*strikes down kobold named Urist Imiknorris*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 02:12:39 am »

Skulking thief! Protect the hoard!
Max white cancels fetch: Interrupted by kobald thief.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 02:14:40 am »

This took five replies, FIVE REPLIES to derail this thread. Really, that's just wrong.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 02:24:53 am »

better than 1 post to derail

You should tell other people as an adventurer it's a small swimming pool and push them in
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.
Pages: [1] 2 3