Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26319 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this
« Reply #585 on: June 15, 2010, 03:37:23 pm »

Try one of the more normal looking ones.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2010, 04:23:36 pm »

Weird. Try and mess around with the wristpad computer, looking for anything that could explain what I'm looking at.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #587 on: June 17, 2010, 12:08:09 am »

You tap away at the wristpad and find where the data is but it remains an unintelligible mass of "SCIENCE!".

Try one of the more normal looking ones.

You walk to one of the other monitors and hit buttons randomly until the computer boots up, displaying the WFE logo.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 17, 2010, 04:44:40 pm »

I guess modifying our brain until we are intelligent enough to be able to make sense of the science data would probably be a bad idea, eh?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 17, 2010, 11:12:55 pm »

Understanding the data requires education.

> If the logo doesn't go away, press enter. Use the wristpad's "situational encyclopedia" to get an idea of what this lab is for.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #590 on: June 18, 2010, 08:35:11 pm »

I guess modifying our brain until we are intelligent enough to be able to make sense of the science data would probably be a bad idea, eh?
VVVVV
Understanding the data requires education.

> If the logo doesn't go away, press enter. Use the wristpad's "situational encyclopedia" to get an idea of what this lab is for.

Indeed. You can't understand a language or system simply by being smart.

You press one of the keys on the Computer and are greeted by a login screen. You attempt to gather some info about the room and the events that transpired within from your wristpad, but find it to be almost completely redacted. As you type away you notice what looks like a bluish black cloud of smoke gathering in a corner created by some fallen machinery.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 18, 2010, 11:21:30 pm »

> Be suddenly extremely wary.
> Look into the cloud, move away and/or out of room to stay out of it if necessary.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #592 on: June 20, 2010, 06:41:22 pm »

You peer into the cloud, but can't make anything definite, just some sort of writhing mass gathering within the smoke. The cloud continues to grow. 

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 21, 2010, 01:52:58 am »

You noted that vicissitude options are based upon knowledge, but how is the knowledge gain? Do we need to dissect and examine, can we just look and know it, or something inbetween?

> See if your powers effect the cloud.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #594 on: September 27, 2010, 10:33:38 am »

You noted that vicissitude options are based upon knowledge, but how is the knowledge gain? Do we need to dissect and examine, can we just look and know it, or something inbetween?

> See if your powers effect the cloud.
Sorry about the massive abandon-like delay. You know how life can get sometimes.  Anyways

Absorbing creatures is the best way to gain knowledge of them. Just looking gives a passing knowledge, but risk of messing up is drastically increased.

Your powers do not seem to effect the cloud, and the cloud is continuing to expand.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 27, 2010, 10:12:26 pm »

Yay! Piecewise is back! :3
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 28, 2010, 01:05:25 am »

> Put olfactory senses on the end of your very long finger for a moment and smell the cloud.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #597 on: October 03, 2010, 08:17:13 am »

You stretch your nose-finger as far forward as you can and sniff. It smells...Purple? Thats odd.

The cloud is beginning to condense into something.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]