Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26358 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You fiddle with the computer and after searching through about 50 pages of jargon find something saying that the ship is equipped with a "temporal pocket generator", whatever that is. You look through the logs even further, only to find that every reference to the weapons the ship carries have been redacted. A quick surf of the menus shows that whatever the weapons are, they're online and capable of fire though.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

Ask AOP abaut all this stuf directly;

"What are these weapons and why are they redacted? What does all this technobabble mean in practical terms? What's  with that station can you let me into it without being shot?"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Summon Pathos
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

>Activate the generator.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

Nah, we got the blast door open, didn't we? Let's root around this station a bit longer.

>Jump the turnstile and hope that doesn't activate the guns.

I guess Apo would know whether it activates the guns, but I don't think we should be more clingy than absolutely necessary. Especially since he hates us. :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Ok so we're basically stuck between activating the Temporal pocket generator and heading back into the station to see whats going on in there.

CHOOOOSE YOUR DESTINY!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Activate the temporal pocket generator
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah! Fine! Use the stupid pocket generator! >:(

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You activate the TPG and a input screen pops up prompting you thusly:

Temporal Pocket sustainment length?

>_

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Is there any obvious way to direct it at something? Also, I suggest we try to go backwards in time.

Ask APO when the nearest organic life not part of our body and various satellite life forms is to us chronologically.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>-2.3 Billion.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: OH GOD HOW DO I FLY THIS THING?!
« Reply #522 on: June 01, 2010, 12:56:00 pm »

So we can travel to the future. Could be useful. Lets start with a two-day jaunt, so we won't starve to death if it actually just causes us to be trapped inside the ship for the duration. If nothing unexpected happens, go root around the station afterwards.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 01, 2010, 01:21:54 pm »

We can try the two day jaunt thing but I don't see how continuing into the future will help too much, as humanity is probably completely dead by now. There don't appear to be any interesting aliens, either.

>2 days

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 01, 2010, 01:31:41 pm »

Humanity being dead might not be a bad thing considering that they've done basically nothing but try to kill us since our accident. :P The viscomancy might even grant us clinical immortality, so if we get in a state where no one is hunting us, and find a stable food supply, we can wait out the universe. The second to last being to die, only outlived by Apotheosis.

Of course, I don't think we have much of a chance of getting in a state where no one is hunting us, considering that EVERYONE ELSE also has time travel.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40