Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26365 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can these turrets target around each other?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Can these turrets target around each other?
not sure what you're asking, could you explain?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can we make one turret shoot the other turret?

Describe in good detail how this could or could not happen.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

>Go mess with the control panel now. Also inspect the weapon rack.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we were to strike one turret, would the other ones be able to cover it?
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

If we were to strike one turret, would the other ones be able to cover it?
By the look of the mechanical arm they are mounted on it could, but you can't know how it will act by just looking, or if it will act at all.

>Go mess with the control panel now. Also inspect the weapon rack.
You walk into the booth and begin poking at the control panel, finding most of the buttons to be seemingly inoperable. However one finally does work and the blast door begins to hiss open. You turn your attention to the weapon rack: there are three weapons, 2 of which are identical. The identical two are rather long rifle like contraptions while the third resembles a sawn off shotgun. From what you can tell there is nowhere on the weapon to load more ammunition. 

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might not be a great idea to mess with the guns too much, the turret might take you for an enemy and shoot the !@#$ out of ya.

On a related note, the readout said that this space station doesn't have anyone living on it, and there's probably not going to be much in the way of life on it, regardless. All humanity died out more than a hundred and fifty million years ago.

We might want to jump back in the hip, head to earth, and when we get there, play around with our time-jumping abilities and get back to a place with interesting stuff like people.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That certainly won't be the Earth we used to know, but it's time to find some place with life on it. Our lack of tentacles has irritated me lately.

>Return to the ship, scan for recent activity.
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You return to the ship and bring up the on board computer. You order it to scan for transmissions of any kind. The newest transmissions are over 2 million years old and originate from 262 light years away.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(god this is going to sound nerdy)

So does traveling at the speed of light propel you forward in time, or backward?
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(god this is going to sound nerdy)

So does traveling at the speed of light propel you forward in time, or backward?

You don't know. You could ask APO

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Travelling at higher than the speed of light ends you backwards, according to Special Relativity.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd suggest checking with the ship's computer to see what weapons/defensive systems are installed and their status (ammo reserves, etc). We don't need them yet but they may be very useful in the future.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, well, one of the implanted memories we dick around with moves you around in time. We've jumped way ahead. The only way I see of getting out of the situation is dicking with it more and going back in time.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, well, one of the implanted memories we dick around with moves you around in time. We've jumped way ahead. The only way I see of getting out of the situation is dicking with it more and going back in time.

First, I thought the ship had some kind of temporal drive capability. Maybe we should investigate that first.

Second, we definitely should wait until we are standing on the surface of a habitable planet before trying any more temporal jumps. If we do it in space and the ship isn't taken with us then we are going to end up with something of a problem breathing.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40