Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26388 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't quite work like that, unless you want that stuff out of bone, and you have excess material available. At the moment, we're a little overdrawn at the blood bank.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>examine surroundings
Sig to be updated momentarily.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>examine surroundings
read back a few pages
>if near a window, attempt photosynthesis for the hell of it
Plants are not flesh and you are not plants

The elevator opens and you continue on, running through inactive machine rooms, empty barracks and a mess hall. Finally you come to the dock, a massive cylindrical, zero-G space with walls entirely covered in different kinds of ships. There are fighters, scouts, exploratory vessels, science frigates, specialized mobile platforms, cruisers and battleships of all makes and models. Your wristpad scans the room and brings up a search bar in your peripheral vision.

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>enter P-Ins44 (SP)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You get press the hatch entrance button on the the P-Ins44 and pull yourself inside, falling to the ground as gravity resumes in the ship. You pass through the airlock and into the ship proper: Its relatively small inside, with most of the ship being taken up by complex machinery and glowing hot bits. You snake your way through to the cockpit and sit down in the comfy chair they generously installed. Your wristpad interfaces with the ship and a dozen graphs and running streams of data flow across your vision. After several baffling seconds a screen pops up prompting you to choose a destination.

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>look at list of destinations and ask APO which is best.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>look at list of destinations and ask APO which is best.
The list of destinations seems to have it's page numbers in scientific notation denoting 17 zeros. Huh.

We have a rule here, you always ask APO what you want to yourself, eg "hey APO where is the best planet to land on" or "Hey APO please stop killing me". We do this because what you say exactly matters and I can't unbalance the game by assuming one thing or another. 

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>say Hey, APO- Mind telling me which of these would be the best? I'm kind of incapable of processing that much data in my lifetime.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>say Hey, APO- Mind telling me which of these would be the best? I'm kind of incapable of processing that much data in my lifetime.
THE NEAREST HABITAT YOU COULD SURVIVE IN IS THE DARK SPACE COLONY 4346 SIRIUS 164 LIGHT YEARS AWAY

OTHER THEN THAT THERE IS A WFE SLAVE LABOR CAMP ON HALCYON 14 ABOUT 204 LY AWAY

ANYWHERE SPECIFIC YOU CARE TO GO
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:12:11 am by piecewise »

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>say Because I'm stupid and have a short memory, what's the WPE again?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>say Because I'm stupid and have a short memory, what's the WPE again?
WPE

I BELIEVE YOU MAY HAVE MISTHOUGHT

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

I don't like the way APO says "survive in". :P

>Blast off towards dark space colony 4346 Sirius.

>Mentally prepare for something going horrendously wrong. Again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You select the Sirius colony and set the ship to launch. It giggles for a moment and drifts silently out of it's coupling, aligning itself to the center of the dock. A line of blinking lights appears, guiding the ship forward and out into the darkness of space. As you sail away from the station you can see bits and pieces of it collapse and fall into the star, its seemingly endless expanse crumpling away into nothing. After several minutes drifting the wristpad alerts you that the Temporal Pocket generator is warming up and preparing to activate. A frightening hum fills the cockpit and in the space of a few milliseconds the starfield beyond the forward window has completely changed and is now dominated by a vast, bullseye shaped station comprised of interlocking concentric rings. The display reads

Destination reached
Travel time: 850 years, 7 months and 1 week.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

Ah, it seems we have achieved a situation where we are in no immediate danger.

>Mess with ship controls. Try to get the hang of piloting this thing, just in case we get to keep it.

>Also mess with wristpad.

>Looking up some information about this station would be nice.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

Ask APO "how will we be treated if we land."

Aks APO "Can this ship can go back to before he became cynical and trollish?"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40