Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26402 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

> I said, attempt photosynthesis

>Or continue on the way to the other ship
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

> I said, attempt photosynthesis

>Or continue on the way to the other ship
I'll just say you can't rather then have you try it in the story. It requires specialized cells not to mention specific chemicals, neither of  which you know how to make. Also, maybe this wasn't clear, but the massive room entirely filled with hundreds of spaceships was where the line lead to. So we're here. You just need to pick one, which is why the search bar came up

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

>Get an exploration craft. They're presumably built to go a long time with no supplies or maintenance.

>Oh, and it must be possible for only one person to crew it.

>Ask APO, in sarcastic tone: "Any suggestions, oh all-knowing authority figure?"

And we totally should be able to splice some plant matter into ourselves. At least if we get our hands on some plants. Symbiotic photosynthesizing bacteria? Symbiotic algae? It wouldn't be that USEFUL, but it sounds feasible to me. :P

Not something you can just DO with access to sunlight, though.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>Get an exploration craft. They're presumably built to go a long time with no supplies or maintenance.

>Oh, and it must be possible for only one person to crew it.

>Ask APO, in sarcastic tone: "Any suggestions, oh all-knowing authority figure?"

And we totally should be able to splice some plant matter into ourselves. At least if we get our hands on some plants. Symbiotic photosynthesizing bacteria? Symbiotic algae? It wouldn't be that USEFUL, but it sounds feasible to me. :P

Not something you can just DO with access to sunlight, though.
There is nothing to say you can't do it at all, just can't do it now. If you find a creature thats the middle ground of fungus and animal (like lovecraft's old ones) then it will be even easier.

You enter "Exploration craft + Single person crew" into the search bar. A list of available ships scrolls down the left edge of your vision.

"Any suggestions, oh all-knowing authority figure?" you think in your most sarcastic thought-tone

SOMETHING WITH A TEMPORAL POCKET GENERATOR IF YOU PLAN ON GOING ANYWHERE

You add the suggestion to the search again and get back this list
ARR-3-07 "star drifter"
x19-044 "Beta"
P-INS44

There are small pluses next to each ship indicating detailed info is available.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, in order to escape this silly place, we need to continue to fuck up the space-time continuum.

>"Oh and APO, do you have a dramatic countdown of how much time I have left to dick around here?"
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

So, in order to escape this silly place, we need to continue to fuck up the space-time continuum.

>"Oh and APO, do you have a dramatic countdown of how much time I have left to dick around here?"
At least this time the ships themselves are going to be doing the fucking about. One would hope that their mechanical time meddling would be more precise then yours.

IT IS NOT LIKE THIS PLACE IS JUST GOING TO FALL IN ALL AT ONCE IT IS GOING OUT IN BITS

I WOULD SUGGEST YOU DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO QUICKLY THOUGH

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Enter a ship, duh
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>Enter a ship, duh

Which one, you got a choice of 3

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

>Start walking towards the nearest one, read detailed information on the way.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>I guess a P-INS44
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You select the P-INS44 and the optics highlight the craft on the otherside of the hangar. You push off the walkway and float toward the ship, bringing up the data on it as you do.

P-INS44
Prototype Inter-nebula strikecraft
Prototype exploratory/attack craft, designed by APOTHEOSIS Network. Early tests proved promising due to it's long effective range and surprisingly effective weapons systems however testing was delayed indefinitely because of its high cost.
Specs:
Effective range: 125,000 ly
Crew:1
Armament:(redacted)
Speed: (redacted)

You land on the craft, a sleek silver ship roughly 30 foot long and 15 wide with no visible wing or engine structures, simply an elongated tear shaped body.

take this one or look at another?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take it, it's small and quick
While talking to AJ:

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>recap
Sig to be updated momentarily.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>recap
You are wandering through time and have a bad habit of making situations worse. You have the capacity to mold flesh like clay and mysterious time bending powers. Currently your only friend is a omnipotent computer who only helps you because he finds the murder you engage in funny. The space station your on is falling apart and you need to get the fuck out.

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>meld helmet, air tank Just in Case.
Sig to be updated momentarily.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40