Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26456 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Get in here and pick what the hell we do
« Reply #420 on: May 23, 2010, 07:40:16 pm »

So what I'm hearing is "use powers but try not to blow up the universe"  Alright, lets do the necessary rolls...Well, if you had that implant I can tell you that APO would be laughing it's non-existent ass off. Alright...lets go.

You crouch down behind the corner and attempt to very gently probe the cyst of memories hidden in your head. After a few pokes nothing seems to happen so you open your eyes and look around. Everything appears alright. You look around.

"Huh, I guess nothing happened" you think to yourself.

The moment after you think this you are promptly slammed face first into the ceiling, wall and floor. The station shakes violently around you and alarms begin wailing  from every direction.  Another shudder sends you once more face first into the ground. With a violent screech the section of hallway you're in is wrenched away and hurtles off across the station. Pressure doors slam shut on either end of the hallway, sealing you in the wildly spinning debris as it skips across the station. After bouncing off the walls for a bit you find yourself suddenly jolted to a stop with the hall now oriented vertically. You proceed to fall several dozen feet onto one of the pressure doors which then opens and allows you to fall several dozen more feet back into the station. Ow.

You repair your vital bits but are forced to use up your last energy stocks as well as to drain your enhancements in order to regenerate severed nerves and badly pulverized bones. When you can finally stand you look around. The tunnel section has embedded it self hypodermic like in the ceiling and allowed you back into the station but doesn't look like it's going to stay there much longer. You're in a large room with several computer terminals and a window showing the star the station is harvesting energy from. The star looks different from before, larger and dimmer. Alarms are still sounding all around you and the station continues to shake violently.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:47:02 pm by piecewise »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a reminder for later, we should really replace 'pain' with 'information regarding detriment', because that must've Really Fucking Hurt.

>"Remove yourself from this dangerous situation. I don't really care how, go into a room near this one if possible

Edit: Mistaken location
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You stumble out of the room, through a heavy blast door and into a catwalk above what appears to be automated fabrication factory. The blast door seals behind you, protecting you should the room beyond depressurize. The walls bristle with hundreds of mechanical arms and the half completed hull of a spaceship lies between them, slowly coming together under the guidance of countless mechanical limbs. Sparks fly and bits of electronics and metal are ferried about by dozens of tiny, hovering drones. To the far right of you the wall seems open to space, but you guess that there must be some unseen force holding the atmosphere in the room. The station still rocks with erratic tremors.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You really took us seriously when we said we wouldn't be stopped unless we invoke chunky salsa or only deal with robots, with no flesh to help us out
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You really took us seriously when we said we wouldn't be stopped unless we invoke chunky salsa or only deal with robots, with no flesh to help us out
Honestly, I had this location planned before you got your superpowers. The types of bountyhunters coming after you though, those are influenced by what you do. As per there being no flesh here, maybe, maybe not.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>If we are not barred from our previous room, step in and fire off a grey round, then a red one
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You step back into the damaged room and ready your grenade launcher. You load a gray round and fire it across the room into the wall. It immediately begins to release a torrent of black smoke, obscuring an area roughly 35 foot area. Next you take cover behind the corner and fire a red round into the room. It detonates explosively and hurls shrapnel in all directions, ripping holes in electronics chipping steel.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We'll save the blue ones for some special time that will backfire horribly

>Ammo count
>Proceed to investigate the general area, moving to other rooms if needed
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

We'll save the blue ones for some special time that will backfire horribly

>Ammo count
>Proceed to investigate the general area, moving to other rooms if needed
You began with 5 rounds of each kind, meaning you now have 4 smoke and explosive and 5 unknown blue ones.

Also, which area? The fabrication room or the room with the chunk of space station lodged in it?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fabrication room. There may be futuristic space toys we could play with in it
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You step back into the fabrication room and walk farther down the catwalk. In the center of the catwalk is a computer terminal displaying the APOTHEOSIS screen. Beyond the terminal is a scaffolding which allows access to the lower levels.

Continue on or stop and use the computer?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Examine the terminal. "Hey APO, what the hell, man? Did you send me painfully crashing to this area for a reason?"
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>Examine the terminal. "Hey APO, what the hell, man? Did you send me painfully crashing to this area for a reason?"

NO THAT WOULD BE YOUR DOING

YOU JUMPED YOURSELF FORWARD IN TIME TECHNICALLY WE HAVE NOT SPOKEN IN 2.3 BILLION YEARS

YOU JUST HAPPENED TO APPEAR IN A BIT OF THE STATION THAT WAS ALREADY FALLING APART

I MUST SAY THOUGH YOU PICKED AN IMMENSELY TERRIBLE TIME TO VISIT AT LEAST IF YOU PLAN ON NOT DYING

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>"Drinks on me if I get out of this alive. How's the progress on this space ship, could it be operational before this piece of shit breaks apart?"
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>"Drinks on me if I get out of this alive. How's the progress on this space ship, could it be operational before this piece of shit breaks apart?"
THAT WOULD HOLD INFINITELY MORE MEANING IF I HAD A MOUTH

AND NO IT WILL NOT BE FINISHED BY THEN BUT THERE IS ANOTHER SHIP DOCKED NOT FAR FROM HERE SHOULD YOU WISH TO NOT BE SUCKED INTO AN EXPANDING STAR
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:47:47 am by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40