Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26449 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: The deadiest baker in the multiverse
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2010, 11:29:17 am »

So the hallway doesn't lead to the room (this makes me feel dense if I still don't get it)

Waiting for a second for my actions
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2010, 12:02:25 pm »

So the hallway doesn't lead to the room (this makes me feel dense if I still don't get it)

Waiting for a second for my actions
It does. Basically, you're on one end of the hallway, the machine room is on the other. You have to get down that hallway in order to get to the machine room. Problem being that someone is shooting at you down the hallway. What you'd be seeing is basically this (with different architecture obviously.)

and down at the end of that hall someone is shooting at you.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 12:04:54 pm by piecewise »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2010, 12:49:55 pm »

Bah, that's what I thought at first.

How far can the launcher, well, launch?
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2010, 02:06:51 pm »

Bah, that's what I thought at first.

How far can the launcher, well, launch?

You've never seen it actually fire, but judging from what you know about them (not much) you'd guess probably something like 300-400 meters or roughly 1/4 a mile. The tunnel is about a mile long so you'd have to use 4 of the smoke grenades to get to the end.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 23, 2010, 02:30:59 pm »

Too risky. There's a pretty good chance shell be able to cover the whole hallway with her futuregunfire.  ::)

It's possible to find a way around, right? Well, feasible at least. There is nothing we can see that would stop us from finding a way around. I still think we should go for the random time power option, though. Trust the dice! :D

EDIT: Okay, that's risky as well, but it's a different kind of risky.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 23, 2010, 03:09:24 pm »

Now, I dunno about future weapons, but unless you're a highly skilled sniper with an expensive sniper rifle, you aren't going to hit something from a mile away. Perhaps a quarter mile, especially if it's a sprayable gun. We could cartwheel our way 2/3 of a mile in and then launch the grey grenade.

It'll look silly, but it's effective, especially if the cartwheels are also going left to right in a sine loop
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #411 on: May 23, 2010, 03:26:51 pm »

Too risky. There's a pretty good chance shell be able to cover the whole hallway with her futuregunfire.  ::)

It's possible to find a way around, right? Well, feasible at least. There is nothing we can see that would stop us from finding a way around. I still think we should go for the random time power option, though. Trust the dice! :D

EDIT: Okay, that's risky as well, but it's a different kind of risky.
You don't know of another way in, but you don't know if there's not. You just plain don't know.

Now, I dunno about future weapons, but unless you're a highly skilled sniper with an expensive sniper rifle, you aren't going to hit something from a mile away. Perhaps a quarter mile, especially if it's a sprayable gun. We could cartwheel our way 2/3 of a mile in and then launch the grey grenade.

It'll look silly, but it's effective, especially if the cartwheels are also going left to right in a sine loop
Not sure you're that coordinated. I'll also remind you of the time in the field when you were hit mid jump from a distance far enough away that it took the sound several seconds to reach you. You can still aways try it though, if you want.

Seems like some people want to use time powers, while others have other ideas. First Idea to get a seconding is what we do.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 23, 2010, 03:34:48 pm »

Would like my idea but won't object

For a happy medium, we could squint our eyes, bite gently on tongue, and see if we can slow time down.

For a slightly macabre idea, we could create a huge, stretched film of skin out in front of us se the person won't know exactly where we are

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A very rough idea of what I'm talking about
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #413 on: May 23, 2010, 03:45:07 pm »

Would like my idea but won't object

For a happy medium, we could squint our eyes, bite gently on tongue, and see if we can slow time down.

For a slightly macabre idea, we could create a huge, stretched film of skin out in front of us se the person won't know exactly where we are

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A very rough idea of what I'm talking about
Thats one way to do it. As per the time powers, you can't really control it, but you can try to only just poke one of those implanted memories and see what happens.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 23, 2010, 03:46:31 pm »

Let's try the skin wall idea, unless enough people object
While talking to AJ:

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 23, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »

I meant that she would pump her gun for twenty seconds and then fire a single shot that sears the whole hallway clean and doubles its length. Remember when the previous assassin was shooting holes in walls around us, when we were running away in that city? We didn't have any powers back then. Good times.

I am opposed to any idea that involves walking down that corridor. ._.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #416 on: May 23, 2010, 05:24:44 pm »

Well, we're in a pickle eh? Try to decide amongst yourselves.

I'm implementing a new bit of gameplay too. Basically, if you guys are stalemated for too long I roll a dice and something random happens. Might be good bad or neutral but something will happen. This is a combination "change situation so that you have new possibilities" and "get you moving" tactic. The universe doesn't wait.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:48:22 pm by piecewise »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Get in here and pick what the hell we do
« Reply #417 on: May 23, 2010, 05:55:14 pm »

The universe doesn't wait.
That is rather interesting, considering it's kind of implied that no time passes while we're deliberating on our options. :D

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #418 on: May 23, 2010, 06:26:28 pm »

The universe doesn't wait.
That is rather interesting, considering it's kind of implied that no time passes while we're deliberating on our options. :D
We assume that you deliberating your options are pretty much the in game equivalent of the character thinking about what to do. For most purposes no time passes, but if a decision starts dragging on then we assume that our character is sitting there unable to decide.

Mostly, its just a way to possibly  change the situation and end the deadlock.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 23, 2010, 06:47:02 pm »

Deadlocks get boring. If there's a stalemate between me and someone else, just go with them, I'd rather see the game progress than go by how I want it. (That's what imagination is for)

>Squint our eyes, bite gently on tongue, and see if we can get that time flux thing going again. If it's running under some control, zap ourselves to New Zealand
While talking to AJ:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40