Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26465 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Temporal Anomaly: The deadiest baker in the multiverse
« Reply #390 on: May 22, 2010, 08:53:38 pm »

Biomass check...we haven't eaten much lately and we've taken a fair amount of damage, let's grab something to eat before an exhausting battle

>Retrace route, if possible
As in head back to the computer or back to plasma processing? Since you don't know where to get food. As per biomass, you have enough left to survive probably something like 3 fatal shots, but head shots still have a chance of killing you before you can regenerate. Eating will add some biomass, but not much. What you need is living flesh.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 22, 2010, 09:06:12 pm »

I see. Let's see what the others think we should do...

..but if you don't want to wait, let's retrieve a few examiners and scout the room with the sniper. With some luck, we may get a first strike on her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #392 on: May 22, 2010, 09:20:16 pm »

I see. Let's see what the others think we should do...

..but if you don't want to wait, let's retrieve a few examiners and scout the room with the sniper. With some luck, we may get a first strike on her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You draw in whats left of the smoldering flesh and manage to make two examiners from it. You send them off down the tunnel, listening carefully to their clicking. They manage to get into the actual mechanism room beyond the hall before two sharp pops right out and the clicking stops. From their information you know that the shooter is in the next room, behind a barricade. The mechanism room is large with plenty of cover but the examiners never got to see if there was any way in besides that hallway.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 22, 2010, 09:24:01 pm »

Was that two sharp pops as in two sharp spike/weapons, pops as in the sound 'pop', or pops as in the sound of bullets making the examiners go 'pop'?

The next action will be based on if the traps got them or the enemy.
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #394 on: May 22, 2010, 09:40:22 pm »

Was that two sharp pops as in two sharp spike/weapons, pops as in the sound 'pop', or pops as in the sound of bullets making the examiners go 'pop'?

The next action will be based on if the traps got them or the enemy.
It was a sound effect, as in POP! POP! gun fire but it sounds different from the rifle.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 23, 2010, 01:25:14 am »

Walking down an exposed hallway like that is certain death. Did we pick up any grenades from the soldiers we killed? Actually, just list the whole inventory.

Although, maybe we should just abandon this puzzle as it stands, and use the random time power. It might alter the universe in our favor. Hey, it worked last time, didn't it? :P

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 23, 2010, 02:37:01 am »

A grenade would be nice, but I wonder if the weapon she is using can easily take care of them.
 I have a feeling that all the times we used the time power involved very high rolls. We also don't want to attract too much attention yet, we also haven't gotten one of those spiffy watches.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 23, 2010, 03:35:09 am »

There are many elements in the present situation that disadvantage us dramatically.

I would not be opposed to universal shift. And, given that fact that people are out to kill us for something we haven't done yet...

What are the limits on our flesh transforming powers rangewise?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 23, 2010, 03:36:54 am »

We would have to test that. Although since we can't see what we are doing it would hit-or-miss. Also, even if she is referred to as a she, that doesn't me it's not another android.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 23, 2010, 09:05:27 am »

Well, that one bot said there was one living creature besides us, so either the disturbing person near APOTHEOSIS or this one is human
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #400 on: May 23, 2010, 10:56:10 am »

Your fleshbending powers have a range of basically "if you can see it" but you can't see the enemy so...

Inventory:
Soldier's outfit and armor
briefcase/money box backpack containing: Reginald, screwdriver, pieces of rebar, a 2 shirts and 2 pants, empty journal, several clips of ammo and various grenade rounds.
Duffle bag
grenade launcher
rifle

The grenade rounds come in blue, red and gray but you don't know what the colors denote. You have 5 of each.

So, time powers, grenade or something else?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 23, 2010, 11:12:22 am »

Grenades

If they are color-coded for our convenience, blue could be emp-like, red is explosion/shrapnel-like, and grey could be smoke-like.

Let's try a gray, and see what happens. Then a red, before charging in.
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #402 on: May 23, 2010, 11:15:48 am »

Grenades

If they are color-coded for our convenience, blue could be emp-like, red is explosion/shrapnel-like, and grey could be smoke-like.

Let's try a gray, and see what happens. Then a red, before charging in.

The hallway is about a mile long remember, you may have to fire another while on the move in order to keep covered. Alright, we need a second for this action.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 23, 2010, 11:19:04 am »

Is that a confirmation of being a smoke grenade?

I also thought we were at the mechine-room end of the hallway, and I'd like to storm the room. Are we at the other end?
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #404 on: May 23, 2010, 11:24:48 am »

Is that a confirmation of being a smoke grenade?

I also thought we were at the mechine-room end of the hallway, and I'd like to storm the room. Are we at the other end?
Its not a confirmation, but speaking under the assumption that you got it right, it might take more then one

|
you|                                                                                                                                          |
     |______________________________________________________________________________________|
                                            Long hall
__________________________________________________________________________________________     Machine room
                                                                                                                                                |
                                                                                                                                                |
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40