Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26528 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Every time I quantum leap I land on my keys
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2010, 06:22:27 am »

That journal could be useful for purposefully messing up the timeline. Grab the next pen we see.

As long as we know nothing of where we are, breaking through locked doors seems kind of pointless. I suggest we just wander around for a bit and try to get some idea of what kind of place we're in now. Sending out the eye devils feels kind of tempting, but I think we should keep them hidden for now, in case we run into people who start asking awkward questions about what they are.

>Follow green path.

Also, I assume the timeline was changed again. Did you change any of the earlier posts? The pagecount is in double digits now, and I don't want to check myself. :)

Oh, and about the examiners, did we give them reproductive capacity? Is there a chance of us losing a couple and them going wild?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2010, 09:26:08 am »

Why bother with sissy pens? Write in the pages of the journal with our BLOOD!

Bear in mind, we look like a 6'5'' super soldier and are carrying a rifle. We would be suspicious and threatening to whomever we meet.

>EDIT: Also, I think we should check out at least one of the locked doors. It could give us valuable background information that we can use to crack the purpose of this installation.

As for reproduction, I believe our Examiners should have been optimized for energy-flesh efficiency, and as a result should not have unnecessary reproductive organs. If we want them to multiply and overrun areas in the future, we can modify them to reproduce when it becomes expedient.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:17:27 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2010, 10:19:28 am »

Ugh, you have a point.

>If at all possible, hide the rifle and tone down your superman body until it doesn't look obviously nonhuman.

>And seriously, use a proper pen. With archival-quality ink that doesn't rot. It'll be more pleasant to whoever we would be leaving a time capsule for.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2010, 02:34:53 pm »

That journal could be useful for purposefully messing up the timeline. Grab the next pen we see.

As long as we know nothing of where we are, breaking through locked doors seems kind of pointless. I suggest we just wander around for a bit and try to get some idea of what kind of place we're in now. Sending out the eye devils feels kind of tempting, but I think we should keep them hidden for now, in case we run into people who start asking awkward questions about what they are.

>Follow green path.

Also, I assume the timeline was changed again. Did you change any of the earlier posts? The pagecount is in double digits now, and I don't want to check myself. :)

Oh, and about the examiners, did we give them reproductive capacity? Is there a chance of us losing a couple and them going wild?
No changes yet. You just "fell" out of your current timeline. You're not really stable in where you are in time so you can basically just pop in and out of existence where ever and when ever. And no, examiners don't have reproductive capacities. No reason for it when you can make more whenever you want right?

Why bother with sissy pens? Write in the pages of the journal with our BLOOD!

Bear in mind, we look like a 6'5'' super soldier and are carrying a rifle. We would be suspicious and threatening to whomever we meet.

>EDIT: Also, I think we should check out at least one of the locked doors. It could give us valuable background information that we can use to crack the purpose of this installation.

As for reproduction, I believe our Examiners should have been optimized for energy-flesh efficiency, and as a result should not have unnecessary reproductive organs. If we want them to multiply and overrun areas in the future, we can modify them to reproduce when it becomes expedient.
Blood doesn't really work, but organic ink might. If you can find and absorb a squid it shouldn't be hard.

Ugh, you have a point.

>If at all possible, hide the rifle and tone down your superman body until it doesn't look obviously nonhuman.

>And seriously, use a proper pen. With archival-quality ink that doesn't rot. It'll be more pleasant to whoever we would be leaving a time capsule for.

You don't look non-human pre se just like a very large, very strong man. The armor, helmet and gun don't really help though. Aright, hide your threatening bits, check under a locked door, and then head down the green path.

You remove your helmet, body armor and rifle, stashing them away in you backpack and duffel bag. You also change your shirt into one which doesn't have three bullet holes in it. Leaving the conference area you return to the hall and choose one of it's locked doors at random. You remove one of the examiners from the bag and reduce it to a puddle of fluid before attempting to push it through the crack between the door and the frame. You are unsuccessful however, because the door is hermetically sealed. The rest of the doors in the hall have similar seals. You reform the Examiner and return it you your bag.

So now what?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2010, 03:20:58 pm »

Did we head down the green path yet?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2010, 04:15:36 pm »

Nope
You walk back down the hall, through the conference room and into the green passage. The passage continues for several minutes, past more locked doors and down an elevator before coming to what appears to be an open field of grass which spreads off into the distance. Trees dot the field intermittently and standing stones tower over the gently swaying grass but other then these occasional intrusions the field continued uninterrupted to the horizon. Above the field is a blue sky with scattered white clouds.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:29:53 pm by piecewise »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh god, thinking what I'm thinking? We may be stuck in Windows! Noooo.

But really, let's see if this is a plane of a grassy field or if it's a real place
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2010, 05:32:32 pm »

>look at the building behind us

>Unless something better comes up, backtrack and follow one of the other paths. Orange maybe?

I think it'd be really cool if we ran into some feral examiners that got sent back in time in the future and became a common species. If we can, we should make them biologically sound enough to survive as a species without us. Do they even have digestive systems yet?

I vote we give them social structure like bees have. They could live in large hives, with one examiner queen that's constantly giving birth to examiner drones.

All I really want is to find peaceful applications for our fleshcrafting. Can we do plants? :D

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2010, 05:39:19 pm »

eh, they'd die out after the first gen, since they can't regenerate, unless they don't get cancer, then the cats will get em.

>I'd like to check out the green area
While talking to AJ:

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2010, 05:42:39 pm »

eh, they'd die out after the first gen, since they can't regenerate, unless they don't get cancer, then the cats will get em.
We can make them stronger. Nimbler. More resilient. Fast-breeding. Let us build a species to stand the test of time. We have the flesh magic.
>I'd like to check out the green area
That's fine too.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2010, 05:44:39 pm »

They sure would screw up time, especially if they carried diseases. I'll check on this later, got stuff to do
While talking to AJ:

Pathos

« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2010, 06:14:21 pm »

>Go with what smigenboger said.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #267 on: May 17, 2010, 09:17:37 pm »

We could make a species and leave it somewhere, but we'd need to make a lot of them if we wanted them to have a chance. Plus these timelines aren't linear, they're branching, so there's a very good chance that we might never hit the same "universe" twice.Explore the field, got it.

You step out into the field and bend down to touch the grass. It certainly feels real, as does the breeze blowing on you. The sky looks somewhat odd though, the clouds are moving just a hint too fast and despite it being very bright out you can't see the sun. You hear this.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2010, 09:28:37 pm »

Well, if we work the Examiner design good enough and make a policy of leaving them everywhere, they might eventually spread across time. It'll be fun for to use our powers for something that isn't explicitly forbidden by the United Nations! :D It might even have practical uses, if we ever meet them again, since we'd be able to attract less attention with our own examiners, and possibly commune with native examiners.

I don't like this green field any more and I think we should go back inside and go somewhere else. ._.

Pathos

« Reply #269 on: May 17, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »

We're so about to get killed, aren't we?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40