Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26511 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: You want a piece of me?!
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2010, 09:10:47 pm »

In the absence of any opinions to the contrary, I'd settle for the latter.

>Also, before we mod Reginald into our stealthy flying helper, we should attempt to create a Reginald from scratch out of the available organic matter and turn that into another companion.

Then, assuming that is successful, we should create an army of stealthy flying helpers from the rest of the stuff strewn around, so that we can send out our spies to gather information. In addition to gathering information, we can harvest them for parts if the circumstances demand it.

While they do that, we take as many unread books as we/our companions can carry to a safe, secret location, and read them there.

>I guess also update us regarding our mental health, happiness, hunger, etc in case that is relevant.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:14:33 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2010, 12:55:58 am »

In the absence of any opinions to the contrary, I'd settle for the latter.

>Also, before we mod Reginald into our stealthy flying helper, we should attempt to create a Reginald from scratch out of the available organic matter and turn that into another companion.

Then, assuming that is successful, we should create an army of stealthy flying helpers from the rest of the stuff strewn around, so that we can send out our spies to gather information. In addition to gathering information, we can harvest them for parts if the circumstances demand it.

While they do that, we take as many unread books as we/our companions can carry to a safe, secret location, and read them there.

>I guess also update us regarding our mental health, happiness, hunger, etc in case that is relevant.
Separate helpers and new clothes we can do at least.

You strip the clothing from the man you just killed, fitting his uniform and armor over your still bloody skin. Once you've adjusted the ill fitting uniform as best you can you appear indistinguishable from the other soldiers. Deciding that perhaps you are in need of extra help you return to the ball of flesh and begin to experiment, molding viscera like clay. Within a few minutes you decide on a final design and begin to create en masse. The final design is a creature roughly 7 inches long and 3 wide with a pair of fleshy wings. It's main body is seemingly segmented and resembles a many jointed finger. Out of it's sides spring six needle thin legs and a mane of long, dexterous tendrils surrounds one great human eye which takes up the majority of it's head.  You create a dozen of these little beasts which immediately begin swarming about the room, roosting under overturned bookshelves, idly  examining bits of rubble and debris and chirping like mad.

There you go, some spies and information gatherers. You understand their chirps so they can communicate rudimentary information or simply gather and bring it to you. They're also good at compacting themselves so you can carry your whole swarm in a backpack. Or you could just embed them in your flesh but then you'd have to remove your clothing to release them.  As per mental health, happiness, and other emotions, those are dictated by the player so they don't really exist except in auto-pilot. I can tell you that the auto-pilot certainly isn't a pacific though. You're not hungry ( you absorbed material which gave you the energy you needed) and you're a little bit tired but nothing a few minutes rest won't fix.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2010, 02:37:18 am »

Those little buggers are going to screw up the rift big time. Now all we need are some wireless communication devices and we'll have the start of a clone army
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2010, 02:44:02 am »

Those little buggers are going to screw up the rift big time. Now all we need are some wireless communication devices and we'll have the start of a clone army
Count down till reenactment of "the sixth day" starting now...
Anways, you got yourselves some clothes, some weapons, an army of flying monkeys flesh beasts and everything is going good. What now?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2010, 02:51:23 am »

>Lets go back to the Game of the Gods. We're too overpowered for this general landscape, so shaking things up may make things more fun.
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2010, 02:52:52 am »

>Lets go back to the Game of the Gods. We're too overpowered for this general landscape, so shaking things up may make things more fun.
I assume you mean go back to the arcade?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2010, 02:53:13 am »

Yes sir
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2010, 03:13:00 am »

You gather your flock of flesh beasts (we'll call them examiners from now on) into a duffel bag one of the soldiers was carrying and head up the stairs into the main lobby of the library. Most of the front half of the library has collapsed and the sky and street beyond are clearly visible through the massive gaps of missing architecture. The sky has grown gray, clouded by smoke and darkened by the influx of night. Fires burn in all directions and the sound of rumbling machinery is omnipresent. You step out onto the street and climb to the top of a small convenience store to get a better look. The city has been crushed and no buildings above 2 or 3 stories remain standing. Tanks with treads as wide as a city street and several stories tall grind across the landscape, reducing whole city blocks to rubble in seconds. Behind them roll construction machinery, mobile steel yards, concrete tanks, fabrication machines. Already homes and buildings are being reformed. In the distance you hear a sound not unlike the twang of a guitar string. The world suddenly blooms into brilliant colors and seems to rush forward toward you. You suddenly believe you've realized the meaning of life, but then understand that you've simply come up with the best cake recipe ever. You black out.

As you open your eyes you notice that it suddenly seems much quieter and much cooler. You're in a hallway made of mildly reflective white metal, lit by a line of neon bulbs recessed into the ceiling. The hall ends in a door behind you and continues forward to a right hand turn in front of you. You still seem to have everything you had before.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:17:24 am by piecewise »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Every time I quantum leap I land on my keys
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2010, 03:21:32 am »

>Investigate. See how people treat you. If they are Allied, ask for a change of clothes.

Recall cake recipe. I may have a project for tomoz
While talking to AJ:

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2010, 03:26:52 am »

Clearly we are now trapped in the portal world.

Therefore, the cake is a lie.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2010, 03:43:08 am »

You head forward, away from the door, and down the hall. You continue on past the turn, past several locked doors and into what appears to be a conference room or public area. There are a two long metal tables which span the room with several chairs arranged beside the them. There are large windows above the area displaying a dark sky dotted with shimmering stars. Theres no sign of anyone else, though there are several passages which lead away from the room. The passage have signs but the signs don't have any words or images, they're just arrows of various colors. The sign colors, from left to right, are orange, green, red, yellow and blue.
where to?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2010, 03:58:18 am »

>Can we investigate what lies behind the locked doors by flattening one of our Examiners, flooding the organic material that made it up through cracks around or below the door, and then reforming the Examiner on the other side?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2010, 04:04:49 am »

>Can we investigate what lies behind the locked doors by flattening one of our Examiners, flooding the organic material that made it up through cracks around or below the door, and then reforming the Examiner on the other side?

Sure, though the color coded passages in that room don't have doors. If you mean the earlier ones then sure. We'll see what the others have to say. Its bed time for me now though.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2010, 04:19:31 am »

We also need to take inventory, actually, just so we have a record of everything we're carrying.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2010, 04:26:48 am »

We also need to take inventory, actually, just so we have a record of everything we're carrying.
Soldier's outfit and armor
briefcase/money box backpack containing: Reginald, screwdriver, pieces of rebar, a 2 shirts and 2 pants, empty journal, several clips of ammo and grenade rounds.
Duffle bag of Examiners
grenade launcher
rifle
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40