Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26519 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Temporal Anomaly: The Gein interior design institute
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2010, 06:31:35 pm »

You gather up as much ammo as you can, as well as one of the oversized shotgun like weapons that the men were carrying. Its actually a grenade launcher which several types of color coded rounds. You can't understand the writing on the rounds though, so you have no idea what they are specifically. The rifle on the other hand has two distinct types of ammo, a shotgun like flechette round and a normal rifle round. You can only fire one type of ammo at a time though. As you roll the flesh ball out near the door you hear the men shout down one more time. Moments later you hear several metallic clinking noises and a handful of grenades bounce down the stairs and into the room.

Uh oh

Pathos

« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2010, 06:41:46 pm »

>Grab a bookshelf (if they aren't attached to the walls), and get it inbetween us (and Reginald) and the grenades. Is there an exit from the room going further down? I can't remember, but if there is go down there and cover the door with the bookshelf. If not, brace ourselves with the bookshelf or get behind a bookshelf.

OR if none of those options work...

>Form a bone shield / cover with the material left in the ball of flesh, and cover ourselves with it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2010, 07:16:50 pm »

You can't tell how long the grenades have till they go so I can't make the choice for you. You guys have to decide. I can tell you that you left the metal plate back farther into the room, probably 3-4 seconds away. You could encase yourself in flesh in about 1-2 seconds and you could just make a dive for the staircase and be down stairs in about 5 seconds. You gotta chose.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2010, 08:41:53 pm »

You can't tell how long the grenades have till they go so I can't make the choice for you. You guys have to decide. I can tell you that you left the metal plate back farther into the room, probably 3-4 seconds away. You could encase yourself in flesh in about 1-2 seconds and you could just make a dive for the staircase and be down stairs in about 5 seconds. You gotta chose.
Fist-slam that makes a wall of bone!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2010, 09:15:50 pm »

I'm gonna throw out the option to allow the character to control itself. This basically means letting the character do what it would do in that situation. This is based off of a combination of things including the choices you've made earlier and the current environment. The plus side it that the character is in the world and therefore can better understand, anticipate and use the resources available to him. Down side is you have no control and there is really no telling what He'll do to survive.

Pathos

« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2010, 09:39:32 pm »

Yeah, I think we'll go with...

>Survive situation.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2010, 09:48:16 pm »

Yeah, I think we'll go with...

>Survive situation.

If we get someone to second the transfer of control then we'll go to it. Don't expect to over use this option though, if you start leaning on it then I'll take it away.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2010, 12:14:59 am »

>Seconding
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2010, 01:49:29 am »

Don't say I didn't warn you.
>Transferring control
>Building character profile
>assessing morality
>assessing situation
>assessing assets
>Complete
>Running

Without wasting a moment <character> steps forward, being almost immediately entombed within the ball of flesh. Several seconds later the grenades detonate, spraying the room with shrapnel but injuring <character> only slightly. As the dust begins to settle a large group of men, 20 or so, charge down the stairs, weapons at the ready. They look upon the fleshball with disgust and fear but not suspicion, believing it to be nothing more then the horribly mutilated remains of their comrades. As they search for who or what did such a thing several eyes bubble into existence on the surface of the ball. The first blow is nearly unnoticeable, a razor sharp splinter of bone fired at near supersonic speed through the skull of one of the men. Three more similar bolts are fired before the men can even turn to see what is attacking them. By the time their rifles are lined up with the boiling mound of living flesh three men are dead and another is attempting to hold in is disgorged innards.

<character> bursts from his cocoon, his body covered in a heavy bone carapace, and catches the closest man by the throat. <character> drives his fist into the captured man's chest, causing the man's skeleton to fragment and spray, shotgun like, out of his body. Several men collapse beneath the withering hail of bone shrapnel, but the rest begin firing, almost instantly shattering <character>'s bone armor. Propelled by inhumanly powerful legs <character> leaps forward, his arms transforming into massive, barbed tentacles which lash out maul several more men. Garbled screams and grunts issue from punctured lungs and throats as the tentacles envelop and hurl men about the room. As <character> retracts his tentacles he is struck by an explosive grenade round and hurled several feet backwards into one of the steel bookshelves. The men move to finish off the bizarre monster but they suddenly find themselves under attack from behind. The soldier in back walks forward jerkily, as though unsure of his own movements, spraying rounds into the backs of his allies. When it is done 17 lie dead, 2 are terribly injured, and the final survivor seems completely incapable of controlling his movements.

<character> pulls himself from the wreckage of the bookshelf, blood quickly running back up from the ground and into his knitting wounds. With a uncaring gesture he commands the fresh corpses to rise and meld with the mound of flesh, creating a ball roughly 7 foot in diameter. With a thoughtful air <character> walks to the side of the one man who was left standing and examines him carefully, slowly nodding his head. After a moment <character> draws the captured man's side arm and with careless disinterest shoots him several times in the chest. Nearly every surface of the room is coated in blood but it seems otherwise secure. <character>'s clothing was destroyed but his belongings were safely stored within the flesh mound.

>turn complete

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2010, 06:30:59 am »

You see, this is the kind of awesome we needed!

But details about the environment are now lacking.

>In addition to whatever else is suggested, quickly scan environment for suspicious sounds or other visual, olfactory etc. phenomena that might suggest a threat.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2010, 08:22:40 am »

Man that auto-pilot is brutal. We'd better get a monacle and a top hat so we aren't a complete monster. Looks like the auto-pilot leans more for muscle power before mind power. I'm not usually that straight-forward with that style of fighting, preferring to lower the odds before getting in close. Still, turned out pretty well.

At this rate, we're going to have to go by the chunky salsa rule, or fight legions of robots to be stopped.

How much skill would it take to meld Reginald's mind into a different kind of beast? I'd like for him to become a monstrosity like ourself cherished 'average' kind of pet that could do some recon later on

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Big plans for a small rat)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:26:14 am by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Pathos

« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2010, 08:30:23 am »

At this rate, we're going to have to go by the chunky salsa rule, or fight legions of robots to be stopped.

That's what I was thinking. =p

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Man, I love the vizzerdrix, probably one of my favourite MtG card arts. I say we go for this.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2010, 09:14:04 am »

I guess that'll be one of my underlying sub-goals, if he makes it that far.
Reggie. Half human, half rat, all monster.

Our character, who's basically Pathenboger atm, needs a little direction in life. I'll probably stop complaining once another rift changes up the setting
While talking to AJ:

Pathos

« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2010, 09:15:56 am »

Well, it's evident we've been touched by some sort of Old God-thing, maybe. The Seizuretron suggests that, at least. (That seems a bit like 7Days, hint hint.)

We should try and find the company that made it. Or did we do that already and I've forgotten?

EDIT: Also, why do you get seven letters when I only get four? >:(

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2010, 09:29:33 am »

why do you get seven letters when I only get four?

For ease of flow. For semantics, it's 4/6ths your name and 6/11ths mine, so it's yours more than mine. Couldn't get Smigenpathos, or Smathos, or something like that to work.

For any real purposes, I consider his name "You', like how a little gypsy in a booked called himself 'Stop-thief'

Anywho...
While talking to AJ:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40