Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26468 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Are heads supposed to explode like that?
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2010, 02:23:08 am »

Lets weed some of them down, then I'll give them to Pathos to play with
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2010, 02:36:58 am »

Lets weed some of them down, then I'll give them to Pathos to play with
How many should we remove?  There are 11 left, 5 of which are just paralyzed, the others are unconscious.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2010, 02:55:45 am »

>How are we with knowledge absorption? We could try to learn some of their dialect, or of their overall plans. Even past the language barrier, we could probably at least gain some of their visual memory. I'd off all but four of the unconscious ones in various brain-pinching ways. Your call on the parts, but I'd like to see at least one medulla pop.
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2010, 03:03:28 am »

I'm just going to clarify this before we move on any further. Our fleshmolding abilities only work on living tissue, eg a live or very recently dead body. So we could make ourselves flesh golems but only out of living things. Just want to point that out so as not to spring it on you guys later. Right now I'm going to bed because my head hurts but whatever you guys decide on by tomorrow I'll do when I wake up.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2010, 04:22:51 am »

I say turn one into a flesh pistol.
Molded teeth can be used as bullets.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2010, 06:34:24 am »

I'm not sure how I feel about involuntary medical experiments on live subjects. Bah, screw ethics! We got temporal superpowers! Atrocity time! >:]

I would suggest against leaving more than one alive for experimentation. Bending his flesh into new and alien shapes is probably going to require all our concentration, and getting shot in the back by someone who wasn't all the way unconscious would be way too karmically appropriate.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2010, 06:40:16 am »

>Can't we just pinch the limbs off the non-unconscious ones bloodlessly and leave them completely helpless, no matter what their state of unconsciousness?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2010, 11:38:37 am »

>Can't we just pinch the limbs off the non-unconscious ones bloodlessly and leave them completely helpless, no matter what their state of unconsciousness?
Yes, yes you can.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2010, 04:35:37 pm »

>How are we with knowledge absorption? We could try to learn some of their dialect, or of their overall plans. Even past the language barrier, we could probably at least gain some of their visual memory. I'd off all but four of the unconscious ones in various brain-pinching ways. Your call on the parts, but I'd like to see at least one medulla pop.

You're not quite good enough to do that yet since it requires manipulation of both your brains. We could try but you may end up thinking you're him. Alright, I'll disable them all, you guys have to decide what to do specifically then
With a twitch of your fingers you turn the brains of 4 of the paralyzed men to mush and then with another slight gesture sever the motor nerves of the rest of the unconscious men, rendering them harmless. The man you were interrogating continues to bark the same words at you, though you can detect hints of fear in his voice. There are 7 men left, 6 of which are completely incapable of movement, the 7th is completely under your control.   

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2010, 05:33:18 pm »

use two or three of the ones that will become ususable the soonest to give ourselves a bunch of improvments (evryone, just add to this list, unless otherwise specified evryone who seconds this sproves of the entire list not just things specified before they posted. you can also vote to have an item removed from the list):

- wings for flight, lith lightweight adaptations to the rest of the body
- folding blades in our hands, like that xman wolverine, except not needing to perce our flesh just sliding out
- superstrong arms, enlongated fro greater reach and reconfigured fro greater momentum
- superstrong and fast legs, longer than our normal ones and digitigrade fro even more speed
- larger stronger lungs with a different exaust orticace fro greater efficency, multiple hearts, all for greater oxygen supply to evrything
- large better eyes, better and directional ears, better sense of smell, tremor sense in our feet, eyes in our neck
- if posible, dissemble the armor and enbead it into us to reinforce our skin and bone (shuld alow dexterity as if unarmored, and much greater coverage for the armor), mold a gun into our arm
- an extra pair of arms.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2010, 05:38:09 pm »

If we're going to overhaul anatomy, we might as well make a gender change.
Everyone likes boobs.

EVERYONE.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2010, 05:54:42 pm »

Good idea, add list item:

- make yourself female, and hot.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2010, 06:03:07 pm »

We can do all those but any massive reorganization of our body is going to take a while to get used to so don't expect to be able to use everything at 100 percent just yet. We'll wait to get the input of the other regulars before proceeding.

Good idea, add list item:

- make yourself female, and hot.

Not sure if I can imagine a superstrong hot chick with four elongated arms, elongated digitigrade legs, giant eyes, directional ears, wings and embedded metal scales. But then again I'm not sure why we'd need a sex at all, its not like we can't just grow the needed bits should it come down to it. In battle sensitive dangling bits might be a liability. 

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2010, 06:07:47 pm »

Eh, no boobs, they slow you down. Especially if you're a guy.

I'd say no to multiple hearts. Electronically speaking, if your circulatory system was a series circuit, if one pump goes, all the others go too. If it's a parallel circuit, one would gush blood as the other three pump your remaining blood out your damaged heart. (You kinda need blood)((at this point))

Mighty Morphin' Flesh is fun and all, but so are guns, and we have a gun stash available, and some enemies' outfits.

>Force one of their bodies' fluids to rush to their head, possibly creating an 'are heads supposed to explode like that?' moment. Of course, they may just create a baking soda volcano effect too. Turn one of the (preferably dead) one's scrotum and some other tissues into Reginald's personal wings, so he may fly

Edit: Horribly spelled before
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:09:25 pm by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2010, 06:15:18 pm »

Eh, no boobs, they slow you down. Especially if you're a guy.

I'd say no to multiple hearts. Electronically speaking, if your circulatory system was a series circuit, if one pump goes, all the others go too. If it's a parallel circuit, one would gush blood as the other three pump your remaining blood out your damaged heart. (You kinda need blood)((at this point))

Mighty Morphin' Flesh is fun and all, but so are guns, and we have a gun stash available, and some enemies' outfits.

>Force one of their bodies' fluids to rush to their head, possibly creating an 'are heads supposed to explode like that?' moment. Of course, they may just create a baking soda volcano effect too. Turn one of the (preferably dead) one's scrotum and some other tissues into Reginald's personal wings, so he may fly

Edit: Horribly spelled before

Technically we could make a circulatory system with a series of shut off valves and redundant systems to allow for multiple hearts that actually function as back up. But we could also just embed our heart and brain in a near solid core of metal infused bone in the center of our chest. Really, this is only limited by imagination and resources. We'll wait and see what pathos has to say.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40