Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26438 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Just call me "Thunder Thighs"
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2010, 09:08:54 pm »

One step at a time. That would be like running into a militarized version of Da Pope's land and shouting 'I am your overlord! Fear my flesh-exploding abilities!' We would have more redneck terrorists trying to kill us than the crazed Commies
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2010, 09:12:19 pm »

>Sleepy time, it's been quite a while since you slept. It would also be nice to carry something more deadly than a briefcase around, if the opportunity arises. I'm guessing the weapon from the woman is obliterated by now
Weapon from the woman was obliterated by the house sized cannon shell you teleported into her face, yes. Too bad too, it was a doozy huh? You could probably make some pretty nifty weapons out of flesh if you get the materials you need. Ever play/see the game "Prototype" ? Think that but basically only limited by your imagination.

>Sleepy time, it's been quite a while since you slept. It would also be nice to carry something more deadly than a briefcase around, if the opportunity arises. I'm guessing the weapon from the woman is obliterated by now

This.

Also, for a long term goal, we should find out whatever played with us (during the Seizuretron game) and made us into some kind of crazy superhero. AND, if we last here long enough, try and stop the war and maybe start a cult revolving around us.

Let's see if others believing we're a god CAN make us more powerful.

Those long term goals are something you can work for yeah. You can work for anything you want, I have no problems with pretty much anything. You're just going to have to manipulate the situations to get there.

Exhausted from everything thats happened you decide to catch a few Z's before things get hectic again.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You awake to the sound of muffled gunfire, distant but unmistakibly within the libary. You feel rested and revived, the gash on your head has stopped hurting and your legs feel strong enough to cave in a gorilla's head.

Your surroundings:
You are in the second basement level archives of the library. The room itself is about 20 foot wide by 40 long with a high 12 foot ceiling. All walls are made of concrete. The room is tightly packed with rows of steel bookshelves and file cabinets which present a literal maze to any who don't know their lay out. You are fairly versed in the positions of everything in the room. There is only one exit, a stairwell leading up to the main floor and down to the bottom basment level.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2010, 09:21:05 pm »

Stairway towards the middle of the place or on an edge?

>If your screwdriver is still available, unscrew a layer of a steel shelf for an improv shield.
While talking to AJ:

Pathos

« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2010, 09:23:52 pm »

One step at a time. That would be like running into a militarized version of Da Pope's land and shouting 'I am your overlord! Fear my flesh-exploding abilities!' We would have more redneck terrorists trying to kill us than the crazed Commies

We could quite easily make an army of super soldiers, just by crafting one person into another. These people seem pretty vicious as it is. Although, we SHOULD probably lay low.

<snip>

Okay, so there's a clean up operation going on in the city, I'd say.

>Put Reginald in something safe / bullet proof with air holes in, or modify his body (shouldn't be too hard / too much using a tiny bit of our fat reserves) to be able to survive bashing about. Preferably both. I like our mouse pet.
>Get something we could smash someone's skull in (a metal pipe or something) from the surrounding area or the basement / boiler room.
>Hunt down the people with guns and absorb some of their biomatter into making us stronger / with lungs more capable of absorbing oxygen from the air / our heart able to beat blood faster around our body without us collapsing. (In reverse order.)
>Try not to kill innocents, as a general thing, but if they've got guns just take them out / incapacitate them. We can resolve anything else later.
Oh, and...
>Be stealthy and try and stay hidden.

These might be a bit long term, but do the first two at least.

>If your screwdriver is still available, unscrew a layer of a steel shelf for an improv shield.

And this. Steel shelf would work as a weapon, too.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2010, 09:43:37 pm »

Edge.

____________The room____________
                                                  |
                                                  |
                                                  |<
you                                               >
                                                  |
______________________________  |

WORDS

Right-o
After a quick survey of the room you find a heavy money box with an automatic change sorter built in. A few minutes of tinkering ends as you successfully remove the money sorter, leaving several coin sized holes in the box. You carefully stuff Reginald in and use some of the extra clothes from your brief case to tie together the box and the brief case before jury-rigging the entire thing into a backpack. You knock the books off one of the shelves and partially disassemble it, netting you a 2 and a half foot wide by 4 foot long metal plate and two 4 foot long metal rods. The plate is sturdy and has indentions which make it easy to hold, but is quite heavy, you doubt you could hold it up for long as you are. The rod on the other hand is only about the weight of a steel baseball bat and is probably hollow.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: The illegitimate son of Spartacus and Mcguyver.
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2010, 09:54:37 pm »

eugh, damn you electronic dice. I thought the plate would be smaller. Rods are useful though.

>Observe intruders, before engaging in combat, see if they aren't openly hostile to you.
While talking to AJ:

Pathos

« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2010, 10:13:02 pm »

eugh, damn you electronic dice. I thought the plate would be smaller. Rods are useful though.

>Observe intruders, before engaging in combat, see if they aren't openly hostile to you.

This.

Also, feel free to move to the games forum, if it'll get more participants.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2010, 10:53:01 pm »

Here we go
You hunker down behind one of the shelves and get a good view of the staircase, placing your shield in front of your body.  You hear foot steps coming down the stairs; they stop on the floor above you and spread out, their hurried footsteps reverberating all across the roof. After a quick search of the upstairs they hurry down to your level, bursting into the room with weapons drawn. They're wearing heavy body armor complete with Kevlar gauntlets, helmet with partial face shield and and full body metal plated bullet proof vests. They're carrying rifles of an odd kind which look something like a combination of a shotgun and an assault rifle with two distinct rotating grenade launcher style clips. Several of the men carry additional weapons, the most common of which resembles an oversized shotgun. Some of the men begin sweeping the room while the remainder guard the entrance.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:01:09 pm by piecewise »

Pathos

Re: Temporal Anomaly: OH GOD OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE I'M GONNA DIE
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2010, 01:07:57 am »

>If we can, remain hidden. We need to know if they're after us or someone else.
>See if we can make one of the ones by the door seize up (as in, all his muscles freeze) or put his gun down and then assume the fetal position. If we can, do it with the rest and keep them that way, before questioning one of them on what they're doing here. If not, try and explode their brains. If THAT doesn't work, try and negotiate. If that doesn't work, we're probably going to be getting shot at, so either vicissitude or time power time, methinks.
>Or try and negotiate. Maybe not the best plan, considering they seem pretty well armed and deadly. Oh, and the fact that we heard shooting is not the best indicator of peace.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:10:12 am by Pathos »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2010, 01:42:15 am »

Just gonna say that you could actually probably try to paralyze up to 6 at once. Doing something like just puppeting their body by forcing the muscle to act against their will is easy. You could try and do something like manipulate their mind to make them think their allies are actually their enemies but that could probably only work on two at a time However just causing their hearts or brains to explode is very simple, but that makes it impossible to experiment on them.

Pathos

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2010, 05:59:55 am »

Just gonna say that you could actually probably try to paralyze up to 6 at once. Doing something like just puppeting their body by forcing the muscle to act against their will is easy. You could try and do something like manipulate their mind to make them think their allies are actually their enemies but that could probably only work on two at a time However just causing their hearts or brains to explode is very simple, but that makes it impossible to experiment on them.

How many are there, then?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »

How many are there, then?
12 or so that you can see.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2010, 02:53:35 pm »

make the eyes of some explode. Do not chose the nearedst, or any other pattern that may reveal our position.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pathos

« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2010, 05:01:29 pm »

12 or so that you can see.

>Examine their stances. Do they appear extremely hostile? Do they seem to be looking for someone in particular (much more alert, etc) or do they seem to just be making sure the place is clear?
>Examine their uniforms. Compare them to any clothing / propaganda we might have seen.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2010, 11:13:47 pm »

>Non-permanent crowd control. Freeze up their tendons in their arms, causing them to drop their weapons. You are not officially the enemy until you kill one
While talking to AJ:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40