Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26389 times)

Pathos

Re: Temporal Anomaly: An interactive adventure in sarcasm
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2010, 09:14:20 pm »

>Head towards sirens if possible and get in the public bomb shelter.
>If not, try and avoid the middle of streets, get to countryside / open grassland.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2010, 09:38:02 pm »

You and your probable non-American background

>Head for cover, if you can, get a glimpse at the aircraft. If they're zepplins, you screwed up big time
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Pathos

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2010, 10:02:12 pm »

You and your probable non-American background

>Head for cover, if you can, get a glimpse at the aircraft. If they're zepplins, you screwed up big time

Not cover. Cover means that, if a bomb hits it, we get killed in rubble, and they're more likely to bomb a densely populated target than aim for a field.

Also, I disagree. CLEARLY we have just got the best world ever and should stay here!

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2010, 10:18:26 pm »

Something must have endured in order for this version of the times to have happened, so being near something that already got through this would be safe. Were any of the future's structures still standing from these times?
While talking to AJ:

Pathos

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2010, 10:33:46 pm »

Something must have endured in order for this version of the times to have happened, so being near something that already got through this would be safe. Were any of the future's structures still standing from these times?

We're changing the future too (if we're changing the past, then we're gonna be changing what targets these guys are aiming for), so I wouldn't risk it. Unless piecewise gives us 100% one way or the other.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2010, 11:00:16 pm »

Hopefully it's key event changes, and not as extreme as breathing especially hard causing mega chain reactions. It's obviously unstable, hopefully it's not raging out of control unstable
While talking to AJ:

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2010, 12:15:14 am »

Somehow mess up time in a very specific way, turning everybody into their raptor-counterparts.

including jesus.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2010, 12:28:26 am »

It's obviously unstable, hopefully it's not raging out of control unstable
Not yet, but then again, you haven't had the time to really fuck it up have you?

Not sure what you mean by this, but just to make it clear you are still in the same initial period you jumped to in the beginning. Your messing with the game effected time but didn't move you forward or backward. You still don't know what year it is here though.

I'd also like to point out that you, the character, would have a very vague idea of how to use that aformentioned temporal distortion ability. As of right now there's no guarrentee that it will work and you have no idea how it will manifest, but you can try and use it. Consquences of its use are still unknown to you however.

As you catch your breath you force your legs to move and jog off across the wide clearing, passing beneath the automated loading machinery of the cannon as you do. Above you the shadows are more distinct now: they're massive, judging by the shadows, many times larger then conventional bombers and bearing multiple pairs of wings. In the distance you can hear the faint sound of whisling, punctuated by jarring vibration and new plumes of smoke rising from the city. Just as you make it to the otherside of the cannon something glaces off your head, knocking you to the ground and leaving a burnt, weeping gash from just above your ear to just below your temple. Shocked and scared you scramble off the ground and hide behind a heavy metal girder and a series of shots ricochet off the metal around you.

In the distance, running from where you entered the clearing, you can see the woman in the jump suit. She looks injured and is bleeding from several cuts inflicted as she fell through the glass window. She's gaining ground quickly and seems to be able to run faster then you. The nearest exit out of the open ground is at least 100 yards away and is completely exposed.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2010, 12:55:22 am »

It make a lot more sense to me now, I feel kinda stupid for not really absorbing all the abnormal events from beforehand.

You are dazed, with anti-air cannons going off around you, a gash of some sort on your head, with a woman, also dazed, and slightly wounded following you. Her aim would be less accurate than usual, and seems to be semi-automatic, if at least not fully automatic. Fighting someone in close-but-not-yet-too-close combat who has a gun is too risky. Considering sending yourself into an epileptic fit with the haze of the cannons and rapid blinking may cause you to pass out, and this person certainly isn't one to have a nice talk, nor seems to have any plan to take you somewhere, so fleeing would seem the best thing to do.

>If the cannons are going off, make an adrenaline-pumping 100 metre dash. If chased from behind, use your suitcase to cover your head, neck, and upper spine. The cannon shocks will hinder nearly anyone's ability to shoot someone in their vital area while running at full speed, but it's best not to take chances.
While talking to AJ:

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

Called it! I guessed we'd meet bombers the moment you mentioned the giant artillery cannons! :D

I still hold that we could negotiate with her if we only managed to get her stop shooting us for half a minute. She clearly knows something we don't. Not sure how that's going to happen, though.

>Flee, and hope the bombing hinders her more than you.

If we ever get a chance to save her from certain death or something, we should definitely do that, though.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Yeah, we could use a pistol.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

As the woman draws closer you crouch down, waiting for the cannon to fire. The instant before it does you start running, protecting yourself with your briefcase as best you can. The shockwave of the cannon firing causes you to stumble but completely knocks the woman off her feet. The few shots she manages to get off are erratic and miss you by several feet. You continue running escaping the clearing and charging through the streets beyond. Behind you you can hear the distant click of running feet on concrete but for an instant it seems like the sound is growing farther away. Then there's a sound like three deep chimes and something shrieks past you, carving a bowling ball sized hole in the solid concrete wall ahead. You redouble your speed, trying desperately to vanish amongst the maze of back alleys and side streets but the chimes follow you, blowing gaping holes out of everything around you. Finally you reach a large thoroughfare which leads off in two directions, the one on your right leads toward down town while the one on your left leads back toward your apartment. You can't waste time thinking, the chimes are only getting closer.

First person to reply picks what we do.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

go right.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pathos

go right.

>Never listen to Armok.
>Go right, though.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

We should totally have gone left! Armok, you have DOOMED US ALL! :O
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40