Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26364 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: An interactive adventure in sarcasm
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2010, 12:35:54 pm »

>Inquire job availability, then get hammered

Or just get hammered, if you went back in time, you may not be on record here, and no identity would be kind of bad
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:03:03 pm by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2010, 12:55:37 pm »

>Check up on the mystery smoke first. In the case that the city is currently being bombed or something, getting a job should not be the highest priority.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2010, 03:25:13 pm »

One isn't enough, buy two!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2010, 03:46:58 am »

You decide to head off into town and check around for some sort of source of income for later. You pick the direction of the smoke as your heading and wander off down the street. There are other people on the road, though it's hard to tell if they're civilians or soldiers; many have some form of body armor on and almost everyone is carrying a gun. As you navigate through the alleyways and seemingly derelict homes of the city your vision begins to blur once again. For an instant you feel the sensation of falling in all directions and the image of an infinite starscape billows out before you. You clutch your chest as you realize that you can't breathe and barely remain conscious against the sudden onslaught of pain in your head. You try to steady yourself by grasping hold of a wall but the brick crumbles to dust as your hand passes through it. You stumble out of the alley and grasp wildly at a passing man, trying desperately to convey your desperate need for help. As get close to the man his cheeks grow hollow and his skin goes gastly brown and dry, his entire body seems to mummify and fall to dust before your eyes.

After a moment more you manage to catch your breath and force your eyes to focus. The people around you are staring. Amongst them is the jumpsuited woman from the lab, who smiles quite maliciously at you from her distant vantage point. .

Be careful you guys. Your actions in the world have consequences and death is very possible. You really should have read the warning label on that arcade game
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:25:03 pm by piecewise »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010, 04:01:32 am »

Did we just... kill a guy with some kind of destruction field?
Okay.

>Use diplomacy on people
And as soon as that has been determined not to work,
>Run

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2010, 03:44:09 pm »

consequences, schomcequences.

Disintigrate more hobos!

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2010, 04:23:11 pm »

Was... was there a description of the warning label?

>Say that it's alright, you're a fireman, testing an experimental fire-stopping technique.
>Try to get back to the arcade, search for answers about the Seizuretron.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2010, 04:54:00 pm »

Lots of details exist that I don't tell you about because you probably wouldn't notice them without carefully examining things. I think of it like this, the things I tell you are basically what you'd see if you just kinda glanced around the room rather then meticulously examine every detail. More realistic that way I suppose.

You attempt to explain the situation but the citizens only continue to stare, dumbfounded. After a few silent moments you decide it best to bid a hasty retreat and duck back into alley running rather frantically back toward your apartment. Half way there you realize that all these symptoms started not long after you played the Seizuretron and decide instead to check out the game. The arcade is open when you arrive but the man at the counter is nowhere to be seen. You walk to the back of the arcade and find the Seizuretron cabinet right where you left it, another collection of scattered change beneath it. You scoot the game away from the wall and begin to examine it, looking for anything of interest. On the back, near the bottom is a warning label roughly the size of a business card which reads:

Polybius 2:Welcome to the Seizuretron is owned and operated by the WFE corporation. WFE accepts no responsibility for loss of limb, sanity, life or other harm sustained while using this product. Possible side effects of Seizuretron exposure may include:
Headache, eyestrain,hallucinations, seizure, blindness, paralysis, speaking in tongues, maddening revelations, destructive temporal fields, quantum space-time dislocation of ones self or others, and sore throat. 

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2010, 05:12:21 pm »

>Sounds serious. Go buy some throat lozenges.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2010, 05:19:10 pm »

>Perhaps it's best to fight fire with fire. Claim yourself as the high score holder and badger a young kid to play it until he caves in and plays it. Observe player without looking at game itself
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Pathos

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2010, 01:37:12 am »

>Perhaps it's best to fight fire with fire. Claim yourself as the high score holder and badger a young kid to play it until he caves in and plays it. Observe player without looking at game itself

This. Children make the best test subjects for deadly games. They're innocent and therefore less likely to corrupt the results.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2010, 01:45:43 am »

We haven't actually successfully communicated with anyone yet. Finding a child to tempt might not be trivial. :(

>Play game again, hoping to understand its powers.

Pathos

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2010, 01:52:01 am »

We haven't actually successfully communicated with anyone yet. Finding a child to tempt might not be trivial. :(

>Play game again, hoping to understand its powers.

Also:-

>Try to make sure no one thinks we're a paedophile whilst we do it. I suggest wearing a sign saying, "I am not a fucking paedophile."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2010, 02:48:49 am »

Looks like its coming down to either "find a subject to test the game on" or "try the game again yourself" Make your choice between these two, balance the pros and cons carefully and try not to get yourselves killed.

Oh and just a heads up, there are things still happening in the world even if you're not influencing them, so keep an eye out and remember to duck.

Pathos

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2010, 03:47:16 am »

>Remember things involving ducks are the tastiest Chinese dishes.
>Try and influence a child. If that doesn't work, do it ourselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40