Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26325 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: 10 the universe hates you 20 goto 10
« Reply #570 on: June 08, 2010, 04:16:12 pm »

Yeah, biotech lab sounds good. Blank sounds ominous. ._.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2010, 11:54:09 pm »

Hopefully we'll find a non-AI intelligence to communicate with.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 09, 2010, 04:43:58 pm »

I think I know what the temporal pocket generator does. Previously it was mentioned that temporal pockets were used to construct the space facilities in just a few seconds. I think effectively a temporal pocket generator speeds up the passage of time inside the pocket so what an outside observer would see as a few seconds would actually be several days of time inside the ship.

This would also explain why you can't enter a negative time. It isn't a time travel device, it just alters the rate of passage of time.

I suggest we ask APO: "You know that temporal pocket generator, <insert explanation above>, is that correct?"
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2010, 04:24:29 am »

You guys realize that asking Apotheosis anything is dangerous, right? Even seemingly simple things can spark the god's imagination, and considering its humor, that's liable to cause damage, lots of it. Probably even more so now that we aren't causing it.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2010, 09:36:57 am »

Maybe APO's frying our brain right now, and Piecewise isn't telling us for kicks and giggles. And then, if he doesn't like what's going on, he'll reveal that this was all a hallucination induced by lack of oxygen and then we die like the hanging soldier in those stories, at the brink of great success.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Temporal Anomaly:
« Reply #575 on: June 12, 2010, 10:56:15 am »

You decide to take the route to the biotech lab, copying the map into your wristpad before setting off. You take the elevator up and then continue along one of the many branching corridors. The hallway is lined with windows, which look out all of five inches onto a television showing a city scape; the illusion would be quite good if not for the fact that the WFE logo occasionally flickered across the screen.  A dozen halls and elevator rides later you find yourself passing through the threshold of the Biotech lab, past enormous, reinforced doors and seemingly nonfunctional automated turrets. Pass the threshold lies the building proper, a strange ovoid construction suspended in a circular cavity. The walkway which leads to the building doesn't quite connect to it, stopping several inches short. You step over the gap and into the lab, past doors left carelessly ajar and finally into what you assume to be a specimen lab. Clear, ovoid containers are suspended in mid air, hung from the ceiling by dozens of tubes and cables, computers are arrayed both near each tank and in seemingly random sections of the laboratory.  As far as you can see, the tanks, at least in this room, are empty.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this
« Reply #576 on: June 12, 2010, 04:31:45 pm »

Get some instructions on how to run this stuff with your wristpad, this should be as easy as turning some random computer on and letting it connect wirelessly.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 12, 2010, 05:03:14 pm »

Can we talk to APO while not on the ship?

If yes, tell him: "You just lost the game.''

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 13, 2010, 08:08:41 am »

Also, use the comps to look up what the people who used this room in the past were doing in here, and whether it can be replicated by us.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #579 on: June 13, 2010, 03:54:48 pm »

Can we talk to APO while not on the ship?

If yes, tell him: "You just lost the game.''

A 2x4 studded with nails appears out of nowhere and smashes brutally into your head, gashing you badly and leaving you in a dizzy haze.

I TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE NAILS IN IT NEXT TIME

NEXT TIME IT WILL BE ON FIRE

Get some instructions on how to run this stuff with your wristpad, this should be as easy as turning some random computer on and letting it connect wirelessly.
Also, use the comps to look up what the people who used this room in the past were doing in here, and whether it can be replicated by us.

Connect it to one of the computers near the tanks or one of the ones sitting around on their own?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 13, 2010, 05:00:45 pm »

Try one of the ones not conected to anything first for safety reasons, but if that dosnt work try one of the conected ones.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 14, 2010, 12:35:26 pm »

I have a great idea! Let's pester Apo some more! What do you think the next plank level will be, after fire? A chunk of burning napalm rather than a chunk of burning wood? ::)

>I say we mess with the tanks. Something dangerous is going to happen sooner or later, and we better learn all we can before that happens. :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #582 on: June 14, 2010, 05:51:45 pm »

we need a tie breaker

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 15, 2010, 01:06:22 pm »

One of the ones connected to the tanks.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #584 on: June 15, 2010, 03:24:46 pm »

You connect your wristpad to on of the tank computers and are instantly assaulted with hundreds of complex equations and symbols, some of which you can make out as organic chemical formulas, while others are no more then foreign shapes. You can't make heads or tails of the data the machine is scrolling through and you can't figure out how to interact with the machine. Your wristpad shows that you are archiving the information but offers no other clues. After several seconds the stream of data halts and the computer shuts down.

Odd.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40