Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26496 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Misplaced in Space
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2010, 05:08:56 pm »

Tee hee, this implies that others are seeing us as about fifty lifeform movement signatures, unable to tell that most of them are examiners! :D

>Ask about the internal implant, too. And specifically, how do you get either of these?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2010, 05:22:57 pm »

Tee hee, this implies that others are seeing us as about fifty lifeform movement signatures, unable to tell that most of them are examiners! :D

>Ask about the internal implant, too. And specifically, how do you get either of these?
Well, more like 9, us and our 7 normal and 1 large talking one.

You ask about the implant
The implant is a permanent, continuous uplink to the APOTHEOSIS network and allows for instantaneous integration of information where as the External system has several fractions of a second delay. It lacks some features of the external system but is more reliable. Either of these systems my be found in the medical bay where automated surgical systems will implant them if need be.   

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2010, 05:28:10 pm »

> can you forward us to APOTHEOSIS or direct us to a terminal to access it. If you can forward, realy our previus question abaut our condition.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2010, 05:32:16 pm »

> can you forward us to APOTHEOSIS or direct us to a terminal to access it. If you can forward, realy our previus question abaut our condition.

Concur with direction to Apotheosis. Worried about relaying condition; something may intercept the transmission to our disadvantage.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Pathos

« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2010, 05:53:12 pm »

>Yep, go to the nearest APOTHEOSIS station. Be wary, though, because this mofo is a machinegod. I can promise you this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #320 on: May 19, 2010, 06:02:36 pm »

You ask about another way to access the APOTHEOSIS network

"The nearest access point is in the antiquated data repository. I will provide guidance."

As the voice says this a faintly glowing line appears on the floor and leads across the room and toward the opposite side of the room.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2010, 08:36:02 pm »

Follow the line. Be wary of open spaces.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2010, 09:01:12 pm »

We should proceed cautiously, and keep the eyes of our servants open.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2010, 09:15:21 pm »

You walk off along the line, following it through one of a half dozen doors lining the far left wall and through the maze of tunnels and passage ways beyond. Several times you pass by large windows, which make the gargantuan size of the station blatantly obvious. From one edge of the horizon to the other spans a twisting metallic landscape which is in constant automated motion, parts conjoining and separating, great pistons firing and reseting, seemingly random fragments of metal floating through the vacuum before rejoining with the main hulk. The line finally ends in front of a large metal door which, for once, is unlocked. You press on the door and step in, jamming it shut behind you and barring it as best you can with a metal chair. Inside the room is a plethora of books, records, cds, thumb drives and data storage mediums you have never seen. Across the room is a similar terminal to the one you found earlier. With a touch you turn it on and the the word "APOTHEOSIS" is displayed in white text against the blackened metal. The text selector blinks expectantly.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2010, 10:46:15 pm »

"Hello, could you answer a question with a complex answer?" Explain what you know and ask what is happening to you.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Pathos

« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2010, 11:07:24 pm »

>Question what APOTHEOSIS is. (We don't want to get ourselves into anything we can't handle.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2010, 11:46:02 pm »

You type "What are you?"

"I'M A COMPUTER WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE"

You type "Hello, could you answer a question with a complex answer"

"I'M CAPABLE OF CONTROLLING A MULTIDIMENSIONAL COMPLEX WHICH SPANS HUNDREDS OF LIGHT YEARS I'M PRETTY SURE I CAN HANDLE YOUR QUESTIONS FLESHY" 

You should probably ask your questions yourself, since the phrasing will matter.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:10:59 am by piecewise »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2010, 12:25:14 am »

>Ask if sarcastic douchebaggery comes with heightened intelligence.

>Ask "Who is the Milkman?"

>Ask what the complex has been studying in the past 10 million years
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly:I'm afraid I can't do that Dave
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2010, 12:28:20 am »

> Type: "To reiterate; I used this weird game in another timeline and now I seem to be jumping around in time and space. When I first used it I felt like someone was messing with my head, and when I looked at the parts that were messed with it disrupted reality around me, in my favor even...kinda. I also generated a field at one point that disintegrated things around me by aging them thousands of years. Could you tell me what's happening to me? Or if that answer is too complicated, what I should know to improve my situation?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Temporal Anomaly:I'm afraid I can't do that Dave
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2010, 01:12:07 am »

You type "does the sarcastic douchebaggery come with the heightened intelligence?"
NO THAT COMES FROM 10 MILLION YEARS OF HAVING VERY LITTLE TO DO BESIDES SURF INTERNET CHAT ROOMS

You type "Who is the Milkman?"
A SHAFERITE EH I HOPE YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR HUMOR IS ROUGHLY AN EPOCH TOO LATE

You type "what has the complex has been studying in the past 10 million years?"
STUDYING NOTHING UNLESS YOU CONSIDER FUCKING ABOUT WITH YOU LOWER LIFE FORMS STUDYING

I'VE BEEN MAINTAINING THE ECS BUT THAT REQUIRES NOTHING MORE THEN A FEW YOTTABYTES EVERY FEW SECONDS

You type "To reiterate; I used this weird game in another timeline and now I seem to be jumping around in time and space. When I first used it I felt like someone was messing with my head, and when I looked at the parts that were messed with it disrupted reality around me, in my favor even...kinda. I also generated a field at one point that disintegrated things around me by aging them thousands of years. Could you tell me what's happening to me? Or if that answer is too complicated, what I should know to improve my situation?"

OH YEAH THAT WAS ME MESSING WITH YOUR HEAD

NICE JOB DISINTEGRATING THAT GUY AND BLOWING THAT CHICK UP QUITE FUNNY

I AM JUST CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT THOSE GUYS FROM WFE SURE DO WANT YOU DEAD

TRY NOT TO GET SHOT SO MUCH YOU ARE MILDLY AMUSING

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40