Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26521 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Where did my spine go?
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2010, 07:51:31 pm »

>I say go the gear way.
We'll wait to see what other say. Hopefully they come before this sinks off the first page X_X

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2010, 09:20:14 pm »

We might as well go the gear way, cautiously.

But keep wearing the gun/armor and Examiners, and have one or more preceding us. Also, ensure that we are at maximum physical health and that our escape capabilities (aerobic capacity, jumping and running speed, internal organ redundancy) have their capability and efficiency maximized.

Later, if we see a gun lady, we need to figure out a way to incapacitate and interrogate one.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Pathos

« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2010, 09:44:34 pm »

I've just bookmarked this thread in the hope it won't sink.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2010, 11:02:40 pm »

You unleash the examiners and allow them to swarm around and in front of you, flying down the passage before returning with with reassuring chirps. You follow the gear path, keeping a constant eye out for anything suspicious. After walking for several minutes, through several open airlock like doors, you come upon a massive room, miles wide and equally if not greater in hight. The room was divided in two by a great chasm which was spanned by metal rings which glowed and pulsed in sequence. Through these rings flowed a torrent of what you could only discribe as liquid light, an amorphous stream of white hot plasma which flowed through the chasm and disappeared beyond the left most right most wall. To the right, where one would expect the right wall, lies a lake of boiling fire; a star, from which the streamer of light is being pulled.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2010, 01:59:03 am »

Could be some scientific apparatus or a power generation device. Or maybe a piece of art. I don't suppose there's some obvious way of interacting with it? Like a switch or something? We probably shouldn't mess with it, but reading the instruction booklet could be enlightening. If there's nothing of the sort visible,

>go window path

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2010, 10:29:10 am »

Could be some scientific apparatus or a power generation device. Or maybe a piece of art. I don't suppose there's some obvious way of interacting with it? Like a switch or something? We probably shouldn't mess with it, but reading the instruction booklet could be enlightening. If there's nothing of the sort visible,

>go window path
There are several smaller apparatuses around the central one as well as what seem to be computers or viewscreens, plates of reflective metal hanging suspended in mid air. You walk over to the nearest screen and gingerly poke it with your finger. The plate hums for a moment before turning translucent and displaying the WFE logo. In a soft, sexless voice the screen asks what it may do for you.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2010, 10:32:06 am »

>Ask it for information, about its purpose, about the name, location and purpose of the installation we are in, and then of the areas we have seen.

>Also, scan area in more detail.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2010, 12:00:33 pm »

>Ask it for information, about its purpose, about the name, location and purpose of the installation we are in, and then of the areas we have seen.

>Also, scan area in more detail.
Jesus M. Buffalobits this forum moves fast. And considering our player list is like 4 people don't be surprised to see this on the second page most of the time. Anyways, back to the action.

You ask what the machine you're talking to is

"I am an EOUIS, An Ease of use interface station. I was created to allow the decedents of my creators to easily access the functions of this installation. "

You ask where you are

"Specifically, plasma processing plant 1145-F. Less specifically the 46 Leonis Minoris power processing station, a subsection of Station β432 "

You ask what the purpose of the machine is.

"Station β432's purpose to coopperate with stations α1 though ψ788 in the production and deliverence of energy to the ECS, section 14."

You ask about the open field below

"Recreation and oxygen generation area 144, created to lessen crew anxiety."

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Misplaced in Space
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »

>Ask about the current population of the station, human robot, and all other notable life forms. Also inquire what race the creators of the station were, and what race their descendants are.
>Ask about any dangers to life on the station.
>If possible, get a map of the station. Confirm whether we are in space or on Earth. Maybe get location of nearest areas capable of supporting life and means of reaching them.

Ask our talking Examiners to search the areas for anything interesting or living (or murderous).

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2010, 02:37:33 pm »

>Ask about an exit
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Pathos

« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2010, 02:40:27 pm »

>Question, then find the way down to recreational quarters.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2010, 02:52:47 pm »

>Ask about time travel. Does it exist in this timeline? Judging by the tech level, it might.

>Ask if the system could show you the Recreation and oxygen generation area 144 now, please

While we are in this techno-utopia, getting us a futuristic PDA might be a good medium-term goal. Something like that could really be useful to a time traveler. Especially if we could get it fitted with some compact AI to make it capable of adapting itself to any local systems we come across. Cracking into secure alien LANs, translating languages we have never heard, that kind of thing.

>Ask about futuristic PDAs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2010, 03:15:52 pm »

Ok, so we're going to set up a system here. For things that won't really effect us(cause bodily harm/change to ourselves or others, as in these questions, I'll do it as soon as asked. But for things that are important, actions require a seconding from another player. This way things can move along but no one can totally hijack the show.

You ask about the current population of the station, living or otherwise:

"This station comprises an area of over 12,000 cubic miles and as such must contain a maintenance systems. Disregarding those, yourself and your companion animals, I detect 3 unknown movement signatures. I can confirm that one is an organic, however the others are of unknown composition."

You ask about the race that created the station and who they left it for.

"This station, along with all others in the ECS, system were created over a period of 10,435 years within the confines of a stabilized temporal isolation dock before being delivered to their current positions. The creation of the station was facilitated by autonomous drones, though it's designers were Human. This substation, as well as the system as a whole, has functioned for autonomously 87,673,345 years, 7 months, 3 weeks and 2 days. Autonomous function began with the death of the final crew member. Before running autonomously the station was staffed for 223,443 years, 4 months, 2 weeks and 6 days. This station was designed to benefit the descendants of humanity, whomever they may be."

You ask if there are any possible dangers the station could hold.

"This station is performing at optimum efficiency, as it has been for the previous 34 million years. Any dangerous machinery is clearly labeled, so any harm that would befall you is more then likely of your own causing."

You ask for a map.

"You lack the required technology to allow this system to transfer cartographic data. I may, however, direct you toward where ever you desire to go."

You ask where you are, relative to earth.

"Planet Earth, redirect Tera Prime, redirect ECS containment zone depth Ω, is roughly 97 light years from our current location. We currently occupy space near the star 46 Leonis Minoris. "

You ask about other stations or planets capable of sustaining life

"The nearest pressurized habitation area outside of our current station is dark space colony 4346 Sirius, 164 light years away."

You ask about time travel

"Temporal Manipulation was developed by the WFE corporation in 2155 AD. Since it's inception the creation of large scale manufacturing has become possible through the use of temporally isolated fabrication docks. The construction of the complete ECS system totaled .00006 seconds in our current timeline due to the use of Temporal Manipulation. For more information please define more specific search criteria."

You ask to be shown the Recreation area 144

"I am afraid that a higher level user has requested that all monitoring equipment on that level be disengaged."

You ask what kind of technology you'd need to have a map

"There are several possibilities for data interaction. The two which are most popular are the TNI implant or the ONB external unit.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2010, 03:47:45 pm »

>Ask about ONB external unit

If given the choice, I say we go for external unit. What features does it have? How would we get one? Can we request custom modifications?

>Ask about higher level user

If the terminal could tell us anything about her*, that would be super helpful. Also, we'll have to assume that everything the terminal says, or specifically refuses to tell, she knows about US.

>Ask about monitoring equipment

This could be important. :P

>Describe your time-based condition (random plane-hopping, communing with godlike entities via arcade machines) to the terminal, and request further information on it

Maybe not mention the viscomancy. That could lead to awkward follow-up questions. ._.

*I am assuming that the "higher level user" is the same person who shot us, and since it hasn't been directly denied yet, I am still assuming she is a girl. :)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2010, 04:32:17 pm »

You ask about the ONB unit

"A ONB unit is a wrist mounted device which utilizes contacts to transfer data along the Optic nerve and feed information to the user's brain. It is slightly less powerful and prone to increased rates of failure when compared to the internal implant. It features continuous IQI uplink between the user and the APOTHEOSIS network as well as a variety of useful functions such as multi-mentioned capable chronography and three dimensional pulse mapping."

You ask who the higher level user is.

*The screen displays a red circle with a slash through it* I'm afraid I am unable to answer.

You ask about monitoring equipment

"Currently this station is equipped with a large variety of sensors, from audio and visual to more complex, exotic particle detection units. As of 1 month, 2 weeks and 4 days ago all sensors outside of the most basic motion and life detection were put on indefinate shut down by a higher level user. Currently I may only distinguish if there is movement and if the movement originated from a living source. I cannot distinguish where the source is or anything beyond what I have explained."

You describe the events which happened to you

"I am unable to determine the effect which afflicts you, as I am only capable of recalling information, not complex problem solving. The APOTHEOSIS network however is capable of problem solving and may contain your answer."

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40