Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 26330 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: An interactive adventure in sarcasm
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 03:53:11 pm »

Okay this is getting ominous.

>go away from smoke
>also, look over your shoulder every now and then to see if it's chasing you

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 04:17:11 pm »

Deciding it best to avoid the ever expanding cloud of smoke you strike off in the opposite direction, toward the twin apartment complexes which loom far down the road. As you walk you notice that the buildings around you appear to be vibrating ever so slightly and that their edges appear fuzzy or out of focus. There is a mild rumbling and what you can barely make out as whispering before things suddenly snap back to normal. Behind you the smoke continues to expand.

You reach the apartments within a half hour and are marveled by their size: they are two monolithic slabs of concrete rising a half mile above the rest of the stark, featureless city. Above the front door is a large, etched steel plate reading, "WFE Affordable living containers". A large smiley face is etched under the sign.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 08:02:56 pm »

>Recall whispers from the Seizuretron and see if the match the ones from the street
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Pathos

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 08:12:22 pm »

>Wake up from Seizuretron induced dream

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 09:08:20 pm »

You attempt to recall exactly what the whispers in the seizuretron said but your attempts are in vain as their exact words continue to elude you. Your attempts to remember however seem to have distorted the world even further as the apartment complex before you is beginning to sway to and fro and distort as though being looked at through a bad tv reception. The sky is becoming increasingly dark despite the rising sun and strange amorphous shapes appear on the edge of the horizon. You blink your eyes in an attempt to make it vanish and much to your surprise it does. You feel the strange sensation of almost remembering something but are unable to recall what it is.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:12:57 pm by piecewise »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 10:09:22 pm »

(Just some grammar tweaking: apply should be aptly, and allude should be elude).

Inquire as to the affordability of these affordable living containers. Perhaps one might need to procure a room later?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »

(Just some grammar tweaking: apply should be aptly, and allude should be elude).

Inquire as to the affordability of these affordable living containers. Perhaps one might need to procure a room later?
fixed elude, thanks, but can't find where I said "apply" and meant "Aptly"

On one of the outer walls is a poster which reads as follows:

Super low one month rate of only $15 for a basic model human storage container. Container includes Air*, mostly clean water, an excrement hole and a tv with 50,000 channels.

In small print at the bottom you can make out the sentence "* May not actually include air"

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 10:41:18 pm »

buy one for yourself, quickly!

Pathos

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 09:15:19 pm »

Buy TWO.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 09:28:25 pm »

You head inside the apartment lobby and are surprised to find nothing there save for a vending machine, poster and single elevator. The poster is a table displaying the various rates for the different apartments and explains how to order a key from the vending machine. After roughly 10 minutes of dropping quarters into the machine it spits out a single white keycard with the number 45333 emblazoned across it. After an extended elevator ride you find yourself on floor 453, a claustrophobic concrete maze of dead ends and dull, rusted steel doors. It takes you several minutes to navigate through the confusing labyrinth, dodging around open holes and corpses, before you find your room. Inside is what can best be described as a outhouse with a tv taking up most of the wall. Its only 5 foot high and maybe 4 foot deep and lacks any form of illumination beyond the television. 

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 09:33:16 pm »

Step into the television.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2010, 09:33:40 pm »

Paradise!

>Check for roof access, view smoky area and other city features.

<Good work so far
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Pathos

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2010, 09:42:05 pm »

Search for food. In excrement pit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 10:00:38 pm »

You step inside, sit down on the, uh, throne, and turn on the tv. On it is some sort of reality show which seems to be about nothing outside of people being repeatedly bludgeoned with various blunt instruments. On a whim you decide to try and put your hand into the television. You quickly find that you cannot put your hand into the television and wonder what could have compelled you to do such a stupid thing in the first place. After flipping through a few channels you decide to explore the apartment a bit more. You ride the elevator up till it's highest floor and then take several flights of stairs up to the roof of the building, emerging on a flat, featureless roof covered in bird excrement.

The city stretches off in all directions away from you, an endless urban sprawl which continues unabated to the edge of the horizon. There are several other larger structures visible around the city, great glass and concrete colums which rise from what you would assume to be downtown, as well as what appear to be artillery cannons though they are nearly as tall as your appartment and have barrels easily several miles long. From your time observing you gain a partial understanding of the city's lay out and think that you could probably navigate anywhere you need to go. 

Pathos

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 07:03:50 am »

>Try to go to downtown and get job. Preferably in bar as cocktail mixer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40