Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, which was justified in their actions?

Yorkists
- 3 (27.3%)
Lancastrians
- 8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wars Of The Roses, Which Is Better, Yorkists Or Lancastrians? Cheers!  (Read 2585 times)

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile

Has anyone read any of George R.R. Martin's stuff? I find he writes a particularly good fantasy version of the wars of the roses called The Song of Ice and Fire. I highly recommend it.

Oh, and what is this ASOIF you guys keep talking about, am I missing something? Something good?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:43:45 pm by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Really? Wow, I didn't know that! I´ll be sure to check it out!

ASOIF is the Association of Summer Olympic International  Federations, btw.

www.asoif.com/
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:24:38 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This topic: An exercise in lulz.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really? Wow, I didn't know that! I´ll be sure to check it out!

ASOIF is the Association of Summer International Federations, btw.

www.asoif.com/

Thanks, and by the way, what is "an excercise in lulz"? Or, for that matter, what is lulz (which will probably lead to an answer for the first question)? And if ASOIF is what you say it is, then what does that have to do with the Wars Of The Roses?

Oh, and finally, I better not hear anything about the colors of the roses of the two sides, or you'll get a very stern lecture from me about how the colored roses thing is a completely Shakespearian invention.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:30:35 am by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I think Lulz means "Light" in Spanish. I dont know what an exercise in lulz would be in that context. An "exercise in the light"? Maybe outdoors exercising?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Lulz means "Light" in Spanish. I dont know what an exercise in lulz would be in that context. An "exercise in the light"? Maybe outdoors exercising?

Interesting? Although I wouldn't know; I do French, not Spanish.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:42:14 am by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

La luz is the light in Spanish. Lulz is contemporary English slang, a sarcastic derivative of lols, which means something laughter inducing. Therefore, this topic would be an exercise in the proper ways to produce laughter.

I also believe ASOIF refers to A Song of Ice and Fire, a book series which you previously mentioned. Sorry to spoil it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I think you are wrong, man. Spanish is a very labile language, with pronounciation varying from speaker to speaker, and thus it's likely gramatically correct to write both lulz and luz.

And the ASOIF *is* in fact the Association of Summer Olympics International Federations, as my link proves.

QED

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With how the story's gone so far?

Yes. The Baratheons are gone, the Starks are gone, and the Martells are basically hinging everything on a marriage to the last Targaryen.

On the other hand, most of the main line Lannisters are either out of the running or soon to be, so...

No, the starks are not all gone, the two Stark girls and the crippled younger brother are still alive. Albeit they are in hiding, and are in no position to take power back, though Aryana is learning how to be an assassin :P!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:41:27 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, Daenerys is really gonna fuck stuff up with her dragons, especially since
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for the Lannisters winning, remember that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Daenerys is obviously now sterile, especially after she went through the "cleansing fire" and had a miscarriage.

Oh, and ChairmanPoo. Next time you want to pull one over on me, at least don't be a b****** by continuing to feign ignorance after someone else has been nice enough to remove the wool from my eyes (I thank you, sonerohi).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:31:20 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have to admit it was rather funny.

Pathos

It was well played and made me be full of the Light of Hilarity.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was well played and made me be full of the Light of Hilarity.

Try seeing it from my perspective, and the only thing I really didn't like about it was that he continued even after he was caught in the act. Still, I get were he, and you guys are coming from (even though the act of "getting that" might be seen as self degredation by many.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:31:54 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, he wasn't lying to you. It really is the Association of Summer Olympics International Federations. And in future, it'd be wise to check that someone hasn't mentioned something you want to before you mention it.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, he wasn't lying to you. It really is the Association of Summer Olympics International Federations. And in future, it'd be wise to check that someone hasn't mentioned something you want to before you mention it.

Yeah, *sigh*, learned that the hard way. :-[

(Oh, and by the way guys, don't vote for your favorite side in The Song of Ice and Fire, vote for which side you think was more justified in real life!)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:41:08 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne
Pages: 1 [2] 3