Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22878 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #330 on: May 06, 2010, 02:53:09 pm »

All that.^
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 06, 2010, 02:54:21 pm »

Are you sure that few big monsters is better than many small or hordes of tiny?

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2010, 02:58:47 pm »

BTW, MK2 protodefender = 1080kg of biomass.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2010, 03:03:40 pm »

How do you know that?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 06, 2010, 03:05:32 pm »

Simple geometry: It is 5kg * 6 * 6 * 6

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 06, 2010, 03:07:03 pm »

How do you know that?
that could be some extrapolation.

But seriously, we are talking lean trolls which only weigh 300kg at a height of 6m. I mean, as volumes grow cubically, they should be somewhere like 30 times the weight of a human. That makes well over a ton.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 06, 2010, 03:08:17 pm »

Ah, simple maths. I thought Ghaz had mentioned it without me noticing. Fair enough.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 06, 2010, 03:17:21 pm »

So ProtoTank blueprint as follows:
6m long, 3m high, six legs, eight eyes, chitin scale alloy, Acid/Toxin spray.

I have another idea aswell:

Goliath
8m high, 2 legs, 20 cm long claws, 8 eyes, chitin scale alloy, Acid/Toxin spray.
ProtoGrowth: Fishtail leaves on top of roots. Nothing but a   biomass-producing weed. (spam across your entire territory)
Do this!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 06, 2010, 03:20:25 pm »

The fish-plant idea is bad, it would quickly deplete the soil of it's nutrients, if we do use them, then use them sparingly, or cultivate them only in certain areas so we don't kill the ground before we can move away
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 06, 2010, 03:22:57 pm »

That's not too bad. This is the tank of our army. It is not meant to be light on its feet or anything.

The fish-plant idea is bad, it would quickly deplete the soil of it's nutrients, if we do use them, then use them sparingly, or cultivate them only in certain areas so we don't kill the ground before we can move away
Um, Hive Mind. We don't give two shits about ruining the ecology? In fact, its sort of the point? Its not like they will deplete the nutrients in less than a month, by which time we will have moved on.
Long Live United Forenia!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 06, 2010, 03:25:29 pm »

That's not too bad. This is the tank of our army. It is not meant to be light on its feet or anything.

Um, Hive Mind. We don't give two shits about ruining the ecology? In fact, its sort of the point? Its not like they will deplete the nutrients in less than a month, by which time we will have moved on.

no the point is to defend nature
The answer of nature to that is a Hive Mind. Everytime a Galaxy reaches the critical point where Civilizations have established a constant Order, Nature seeks change and sends a Hive Mind(or more if the frist try fails). You Young One are one of those Hive Minds. Your goal is simple: Eat and Grow and most importantly change!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 06, 2010, 03:37:24 pm »

no the point is to defend nature
The answer of nature to that is a Hive Mind. Everytime a Galaxy reaches the critical point where Civilizations have established a constant Order, Nature seeks change and sends a Hive Mind(or more if the frist try fails). You Young One are one of those Hive Minds. Your goal is simple: Eat and Grow and most importantly change!
Nature, in this case, is nature as in Natural Philosophy, AKA Physics. The issue is the second law of Thermodynamics: Life does not obey it. Order must decrease, entropy must increase. Now, life is bad- it folds carbon into the most wonderful, ordered shapes- but civilization is worse, as it folds the universe itself into ordered shapes. If we could only do one thing, it would be to destroy civilization, but destroying life in the process is a welcome by-product.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 06, 2010, 03:38:29 pm »

I was under the impression that we were just devouring everything.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 06, 2010, 03:42:08 pm »

I want medium sized acid\toxin spitting chitin\scales covered defensive plants. Bunkers are far better than tanks when you expect a big attack.

And I dislike leaves idea too.  They are very vulnerable to be main source of income

This is the tank of our army. It is not meant to be light on its feet or anything.

It is cool but:

We can't do a lot of it... they can't hide. They can't run. they are easy to hit. They are easily surrounded... We may meet  warriors with steel weapons and longbows\crossbows.... They'll rape or "tanks". We need either fast and mobile units or stationary bunkers with very thick armor
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:45:48 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 06, 2010, 03:45:23 pm »

This is the tank of our army. It is not meant to be light on its feet or anything.

It is cool but:

We can't do a lot of it... they can't hide. They can't run. they are easy to hit. They are easily surrounded... We may meet  warriors with steel weapons and longbows\crossbows.... They'll rape it. We need either fast and mobile units or stationary bunkers with very thick armor
If We are outnumbered, We are doing it wrong. These things will tear through enemy ranks, then Our MK2 Soldiers will mop up the rest, whilst generals lead from the back. Easy.
We don't hide. We don't run. We are the Hive Mind. They hide from us. They run from us.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27