Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22830 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #300 on: May 05, 2010, 11:38:54 am »

update?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 05, 2010, 11:47:31 am »

well since i cant have infectors i agree with everything ranger has said
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2010, 12:17:03 pm »

These living ships remind me of tyranids.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2010, 12:36:32 pm »

And they should, because they are way more badass and way more scary than these sissy Zerg
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 05, 2010, 01:32:47 pm »

You know, I think we currently have three groups. The Zerglings, the Nid's and me. I want Aliens, from Alien vs. Predator.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2010, 01:56:33 pm »

could you please sum up again your actions? im too lazy to scramble them together from the last 5 pages

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 05, 2010, 02:05:59 pm »

More resource gathering plan: Upgrades may be slower but army will be stronger

new Body parts plans and future hive Upgrades plans
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dna Blueprint created

Per day production

Actions and Upgrades
1) Create digestion center
2) Create Chitinous Protection Carapace II

Orders
1) Order protowarriors, protosergeants and one protogeneral to hunt triffids unless the hive is attacked. General should be careful
2) Protodefenders and Protogenerals should guard The Hive mind and freshly grown Brain Triffids
3) Protoharvesters should gather insects

comments:

I think we are going with this.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2010, 02:09:04 pm »

Yeah, I think Kashyyyk got it right.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2010, 02:22:55 pm »

ok new post will be up tomowrrow...

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2010, 02:58:53 pm »

actually they did not betray the overmind but they did betray kerrigan(a far as i recall(sorry havent played it for years)).
but they did not do that either they never accepted kerrigan from the beginning so several cerebrets merged together to create a new overmind
that is how i remember it....

They never betrayed Kerrigan. They never obeyed Kerrigan. When the Overmind died, Kerrigan rebelled and tried to take control of the swarm, while Daggoth led the cerebrates and created a new Overmind.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2010, 07:09:56 pm »

Just a thought, but is there a grass of a sort nearby?

If so, maybe replace it with a custom form of grass attached to the root network and feeding biomass directly to you. Have it spread everywhere but remain indistinguishable from the regular grass.

1. I don't know if you have noticed but the environment around you adapts to you, for example in the last 5-6 days you haven't seen any snork right? Thats because they adapted to avoid your hive to be secure of it. I just mean that if you don't evolve fast enough you may starve because your food has run for its life, or found a way to defend against you.

If we produce our own biomass in bulk, we don't have to worry about it fleeing.
Eh?
Eh!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2010, 10:01:14 am »

More resource gathering plan: Upgrades may be slower but army will be stronger

new Body parts plans and future hive Upgrades plans

Dna Blueprint created

Per day production

Actions and Upgrades
1) Create digestion center
2) Create Chitinous Protection Carapace II

Orders
1) Order protowarriors, protosergeants and one protogeneral to hunt triffids unless the hive is attacked. General should be careful
2) Protodefenders and Protogenerals should guard The Hive mind and freshly grown Brain Triffids
3) Protoharvesters should gather insects

comments:

I think we are going with this.

You think your brain needs to grow but your other "body parts" are in the way, so your devise a new organism that overtakes breeding and digestion for you.

Day 13 Midday
You lose more and more of your pampus grass to these herbivores...

Day 16 Midnight

You have completely changed: your digestion adn your breeding parts have become own structures while your brain is stillat the same position..but now you are able to grow...

Day 18 Midnight
while your soldiers where hunting and exterminating the last triffids under heavy losses, they were discovered by the sapients. You were pretty taken aback by the sheer size of those: every single one of them hast taken a size of 6m and wheighs at least 600 pounds, they are covered in some reddish fur , and their long claws at each hand make them rather look like some beasts then a sapient being. They seem to be astounded by the sheer soze of your horde: 540 ProtoSoldiers, 12 ProtoGenerals and another 12 ProtoDefenders plus about 2 Proto Seargents and a bunch of ProtoHarvesters. As 1 of them tries to thrust his spear after a Seargent the whole horde attacks him mercilessly. While the other Sapients flee in Panic, the attacked one kills  100 of your ProtoSoldiers with his bare-hands and legs and crushes 2 Prtofdefenders as he falls to the ground...

Day 20 Midday

The last triffid in a 50 m vicinity has died and was replaced by a brain triffid. You have completed the improved Carapace on yourself...the large herbivores have moved on...maybe they have been the things the sapients guarded?

Hive

Hive

Bestiary

i hope i got every thing...this is getting pretty much...anyways the next weeks i wont be able to post, i have much things for school to do and im also doing that zombie apocalypse rtd and with that it gets pretty much, so i would be happy if someone could continue a while for me...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:02:52 am by Ghazkull »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2010, 10:07:54 am »

Shouldn't the pampus grass give us biomass? Grow Brain Growth II, Weak Acid Coating I and Chitin-Scale-Alloy Protection Carapace. Grow more roots underground to search for burrowing creatures or burrows of burrowing creatures. Consider how to improve your root network and storage roots. Mutate your army to have transmitter organs if they do not already? Kill the remaining sapients so that they do not spread the word? If not possible let your horde flee away from your main hive so that the sapients are fooled into thinking that the nest is in another direction. Let the army return under the cover of night. Make more protosergeants and recuperate losses.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:40:53 am by Demonic Spoon »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2010, 10:30:16 am »

create five dumb versions of those sapients with carapace
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:33:27 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2010, 10:37:43 am »

Create 5 "FRIENDLY" versions of those sapients. Send to them to interact and learn from the natives. And then remove them one by one so we can replace them with copies.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27