Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22902 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2010, 04:44:31 pm »

Now other projects.

3) Design small brain organism from crab DNA + HIVE DNA+triffid DNA: Protosergeant. Combo 20 soldiers + 1 general weights 7 kg... 5\7th taken by commander and it is too much. It would be good to have small brain that can control 5-10 bugs.

we don't have crab DNA
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2010, 04:47:13 pm »

i meant scarab DNA )))

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2010, 04:53:39 pm »

Ah well it should more like  (Shrub DNA + HIVE DNA) + scrab DNA + triffid DNA: Protosergeant - small brain that can control 5-10 bugs. For look at the ProtoGeneral you will see why.
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2010, 06:16:05 pm »

new Body parts plans and future hive Upgrades plans
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dna Blueprint created

Per day production

Actions and Upgrades
1) Create digestion center
2) Create Chitinous Protection Carapace II

Orders
1) Order hunters to hunt triffids unless the hive is attacked. Generals should be careful in combat

comments :

1) Soldiers will die in masses so we shouldn't reach our command limits and we can make sergeants later

2) We need an army. We realy need a big army. Upgradges are not that important if we can't fight the shepard and the birds

3) Hunting should give us resources so we don't need many workers and we will have resourrces for upgrades. I hope new triffids will catch snorks and add to our profits too

4) IMO, Brain triffids don't need any modifications. As long as they look natural they can eat snorks
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:20:10 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2010, 06:28:58 pm »

It would also help if our army could use tools/weapons. That's how us humans became so powerful after all. Tools.

Giving our slaves some intelligence would benefit us, give them some free will so they can survive if they lose communication with us. But keep us as the dominant being. That way they will still die for us, but at the same time would be able to live on their own, and we would likely need less Transmitter Brain triffids. Clumping together has it's benefits, but also it's weaknesses. We need to spread out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2010, 06:36:53 pm »

Tarran we don't have DNAs of creatures smart enough to use tools so we can't make such creatures. And I doubt that we can make anything smarter than ourselves

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2010, 06:38:13 pm »

I know I know, it's just a possible goal, because currently I have no better ideas.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2010, 06:48:24 pm »

It would also help if our army could use tools/weapons. That's how us humans became so powerful after all. Tools.

Giving our slaves some intelligence would benefit us, give them some free will so they can survive if they lose communication with us. But keep us as the dominant being. That way they will still die for us, but at the same time would be able to live on their own, and we would likely need less Transmitter Brain triffids. Clumping together has it's benefits, but also it's weaknesses. We need to spread out.
As some kind of zerg SPECIALIZATION is our key to success.
We need creatures that are built to kill, built to collect food, built as an overlord, etc. We don't need to do everything at once, and we don't want to do everything at once either.

Keep them simple. So simple that losing anything means nothing to us.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2010, 06:53:53 pm »

Alternative. Much more aggressive one day plan ( I prefer my first plan  but I am creative and want to write ZERG RUSH plan )

Dna Blueprint created

production

Orders
Find and CHARGE the sapients with all our forces...

1 fox sized toxic creature per one sheppard. We have a chance. especially if they will busy with 2 hundreds of acidic bugs. But if we will lose.....

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2010, 06:55:42 pm »

Forget all of this crap. We need to aim for efficiency - What we should be doing right now is trying are hardest to catch any and all little flying insects that may be around. Use them to catch more.

What we need to find is a parasitic wasp.

Once we get one of those, THEN we have efficiency. ^_^

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2010, 07:04:02 pm »

Actual Ukrainian Ranger On Number 4 I disagreed for by modification then they all have own commend radius that allow us command network goes beyond 60m and they they can use replace our plant incase it was take out and also it will increase storage cacpacty.

Also I think that  destroyed them then all them the one usually go inside start learned that bad to come in so disagree.

Also I think need more ProtoWork as priority increase intake biomass.

Also we need to be on look out for species(plants or creature)  that we can collect DNA from.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 04, 2010, 07:46:08 pm »

Actual Ukrainian Ranger On Number 4 I disagreed for by modification then they all have own commend radius that allow us command network goes beyond 60m and they they can use replace our plant incase it was take out and also it will increase storage cacpacty.

1) Storage capacity is not concern right now.
2) Command radius is a good thing, but we can design something specialized for this work. Something cheap and as unnoticable as possible.
3) we can grow triffids only on our roots to expand comand radius we will still need to expand roots.... and if we expand roots we expand our command radius anyway, right?
4) Backup host... All network should be our big host.

Also I think need more ProtoWork as priority increase intake biomass.
Active hunting may be more effective than gathering...
More importantly we have several dangers.... workers are almost useless against them
And workers are actively eaten by Snorks. 

What I agree to change that we should start to hunt local insects for new  DNA material... and protosoldiers are good for this work ( but triffids should be hunted too, it is  an easy prey)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:59:38 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2010, 09:01:39 pm »

More resource gathering plan: Upgrades may be slower but army will be stronger

Dna Blueprint created

Per day production

Actions and Upgrades

Orders
1) Order protowarriors, protosergeants and one protogeneral to hunt triffids unless the hive is attacked. General should be careful
2) Protodefenders and Protogenerals should guard The Hive mind and freshly grown Brain Triffids
3) Protoharvesters should gather insects

comments:

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2010, 09:11:35 pm »

More resource gathering plan: Upgrades may be slower but army will be stronger

Dna Blueprint created

Per day production

Actions and Upgrades

Orders
1) Order protowarriors, protosergeants and one protogeneral to hunt triffids unless the hive is attacked. General should be careful
2) Protodefenders and Protogenerals should guard The Hive mind and freshly grown Brain Triffids
3) Protoharvesters should gather insects

comments:
Much better, I can agreed with it

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2010, 09:25:49 pm »

Wait a minute - we don't need wasps!

We've GOT the DNA for infector creatures!

Modify our own DNA, and combine it with the scarabs to create a dumb version of our starting worm. These should be able to launch themselves at and infect other creatures by quickly burrowing into them.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27