Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22945 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2010, 05:43:03 pm »

We don't need to give it intelligence, give it brain capacity to control minions, give it two simple rules: if it moves kill it and protect the hive at all costs, make it a large clump of muscle and chitinous armour and perhaps claws or acid so it can stand it's ground if alone.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2010, 11:03:58 pm »

And camo leaves and plant matter on its back, so it can hide until such a time as it is needed.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2010, 11:25:44 pm »

Lacking wisdom: We cannot risk Our minions becoming too powerful. Thoughts of sedentary secondary controllers. Planned, known positions: uppity generals reprocessesed quickly/without delay.

but they cant rebel think starcraft overlords we NEED them
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2010, 11:53:49 pm »

Alright, design us a ProtoGeneral:

Take the BugLizard bodyplan.
Replace the 8 eyes with Scarab eyes.
Replace the scales with chitin-scale alloy
Brain organism stuff
and poisonous acid spray
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2010, 12:18:28 am »

Alright, design us a ProtoGeneral:

Take the BugLizard bodyplan.
Replace the 8 eyes with Scarab eyes.
Replace the scales with chitin-scale alloy
Brain organism stuff
and poisonous acid spray

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2010, 12:19:54 am »

The above, but with leaf camo.

LEAF CAMO!

COME ON PEOPLE LEAF CAMO!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2010, 01:28:20 am »

The above, but with leaf camo.

LEAF CAMO!

COME ON PEOPLE LEAF CAMO!
YEAH!!!!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2010, 03:03:00 am »

Repair leaves. Repair Vines

Create root network

Design and create triffids with brain (Triffid DNA + Hive mind DNA) . They should grow from our root network, provide us with nutrients, make the first line of defense and help to control our minions. These triffids should look like normal triffids

Create 50 Protoworkers and 50 protosoldiers

and, if we go with moblie generals, +1 to the leaf camo
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:54:20 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2010, 03:49:04 am »

Oh, yeah, sure, add leaf camo. Why not.

and +1 to leaf camo
... why are you voting for leaf camo if you want our generals to be immobile plants?
Excesive leaves would make triffids more noticeable.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2010, 03:57:33 am »

Cause it is unlikely that my idea will get enough supporters. (people like tanks more than fortifications) And  mobile generals with the camo are better than the ones without it. Fixed my post to make it clear.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2010, 03:59:40 am »

I say rather than having separate overlords we should just extend our own root network until we cover the whole planet. One big biomass. This will also make us hard to kill as we can just pop up again anywhere our network reaches.

Edit 1: I guess this is a vote for:

Design and create triffids with brain (Triffid DNA + Hive mind DNA) . They should grow from our root network, provide us with nutrients, make the first line of defense and help to control our minions. These triffids should look like normal triffids

But with less emphasis on the brain bit.

Edit 2: Unless you mean a distributed brain, we are a hive mind after all, so it would still be part of ours rather than a separate entity.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:01:15 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2010, 05:12:39 am »

Immobile controllers: Preferred. Not getting themselves battle-killed. More efficient: more brain focus/less fighting focus. Prior concern withdrawn: rebellion impossible.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2010, 06:55:46 am »

Immobile controllers: Preferred. Not getting themselves battle-killed. More efficient: more brain focus/less fighting focus. Prior concern withdrawn: rebellion impossible.
i a have changed my mind to this

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2010, 07:15:22 am »

anyway your organisms won't rebel !AS LONG! as their brain is smaller then the hive minds. This Mind Network allows us to control them all the time and ensure that they won't rebel anytime...

so what do you want to do now?

1. Repair things
2. Replace losses
3.????

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2010, 07:23:08 am »

I offer:

3. Create root network
4. Design brain triffids
5. Grow several brain triffids from our roots
6. Make additional 100 protosoldiers and order them  to kill usual triffids in our area
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27