Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22926 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2010, 03:22:57 pm »

I don't like it. It's too big. People will notice.
Long Live United Forenia!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2010, 03:24:14 pm »

I don't like it. It's too big. People will notice.

I think we should get it. We just got owned.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2010, 03:25:44 pm »

I support protodefender idea and we should try to get better brains as the workers when they can give anymore they dump excess leading animals to own us
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2010, 03:28:13 pm »

And really, why will it matter if some iron age sentients notice, by the time they do we'll be able to zerg rush their asses.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2010, 03:28:54 pm »

1)Do the repairs. (17.5kg)
2)Furthermore, yes, looks like We could do with at least a little defence: Chitinous Protection Carapace I (10kg)
3)Rebuild your Scarabs! (buy 48 ProtoWorkers and 30 ProtoWariors) (5.4kg)
4)Develop some new bodyplans:
Combine BugLizard poison and storage roots: Poison sacks.
Create ProtoHarvester: workers with BugLizard [can feast on corpses]. They will take 'wasted' biomass and turn it into poison, which can be used to defend Us.
5)If We can pay for upgrades in 'installments', start work on the root network (because it is a prerequisite for so many useful upgrades)

this plus
I have another suggestion:

Create ProtoDefender
-Use Snork Body size, plus BugLizard bodyshape to create structure.
-Add BugLizard Scales and Toxin ability. Convert the toxin to be sprayed alá ProtoSoldier style.
-If possible, bulk up all the muscles of the ProtoDefender

This should create a creature 1m long and 50cm high, has six legs, eight eyes, and has scales and a toxin spitting capability.

This is bigger than the BugLizards, and has an added ranged attack. It can also potentially be stronger. Perfect Army material.
this
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2010, 03:37:20 pm »

Also, in case you are worried about sentient intervention, 1m long and 50cm high is the size of an average dog. If a dog charges at you and leaps on your chest you will get knocked to the ground. So unless our Iron Age Humanoid's are 3/4m high we should be fine in that respect.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »

And really, why will it matter if some iron age sentients notice, by the time they do we'll be able to zerg rush their asses.
Well, it can't hurt to design it, I suppose. But We shouldn't deploy any until We have at least one backup, for if shit goes wrong (because one iron age man with heavy boots and a shovel can eradicate Us entirely right now)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2010, 03:46:44 pm »

Although, once we repair ourselves, we will be a 3m tall plant with defensive vines and a digestive cavity. Even if we can't digest the sentient, we can definately hold him back, while any minions we have left disect him and give the food to us.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2010, 04:05:20 pm »

Create no "big" monster. Create several small insectoids that eat people from the inside out. More stealthy, more creepy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2010, 04:09:39 pm »

The protodefender is only to stay around us and out of sight, and just help if we get attacked again.

So I support the idea, but ALSO mix in plant genes to give it a big leafy covering on its back. It should thus easily be able to hide in the nearby underbrush (go Gilly suit!)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2010, 04:36:27 pm »

all good ideas BUT consider to finally design some brain or transmitter organisms:

brain organisms are basically something like you "leaders/generals": If we would produce them we wouldn't have that mental exertion and put our mental power in other things,(not to mention the full  biomass prodcution)

transmitter organisms however are als practically: while currently we can just tell our minions what to do in our sensoric(60m was it?) range, with mind networks we can only see through the eyes of our minions BUT NOT control them out of our sensoric range. Transmitter organisms are basically stationary organisms that transmit our orders over that range...

long story short:
brain organisms do the job for you, transmitter organsims are your cellphone...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2010, 04:46:09 pm »

Try expanding the roots in search of underground organisms, then we could combine them with the protodefender idea to have a burrowing defense creature, stays out of sight and if we opt to we could make them half plants so they give us biomass.
Also we should try to figure out how to develop those vines, they could easily become our strongest defence
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2010, 04:48:34 pm »

Lets make this protodefender a beast then, and make him an overlord too. Then we can give him smaller weaker minions as well. Smaller weaker pikmin minions, heheheh.

Seriously, lets build a goddamn beast. If we lose him it will be costly, but we shouldn't lose him. His primary person should be to defend us and the minions by hiding nearby and commanding unless it looks like he can help safely, or like we'll be badly damaged without his assistance.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2010, 05:00:55 pm »

Alright, design us a ProtoGeneral:

Take the BugLizard bodyplan.
Replace the 8 eyes with Scarab eyes.
Replace the scales with chitin-scale alloy
Brain organism stuff
and poisonous acid spray

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2010, 05:15:38 pm »

Lacking wisdom: We cannot risk Our minions becoming too powerful. Thoughts of sedentary secondary controllers. Planned, known positions: uppity generals reprocessesed quickly/without delay.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27