Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22925 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:33 pm »

bump?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2010, 01:22:32 pm »

örhm i need still actions from you?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2010, 01:27:49 pm »

grow storage roots,
start work on mind network,

secrete weak yet hopefully distasteful acid over leaves (to discourage the large mammal from eating us)
Long Live United Forenia!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2010, 01:31:16 pm »

There are multiple mammals. All of those mammal's weights added up equals that 1,9 tons.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2010, 01:31:33 pm »

Shall we get the mind network and storage roots?
I agrees since we have 20kg of biomass in storage
We should take upgrades mind network and storage roots

Should prepare ProtoSoldiers and DefenseVines ready to defend what ever creature is coming and that acid we have to ready to use to help defend us if possible weak form acid coating ours self in it to give bad taste.

p.s. Ottofar I think all us are aware of that so no need to yell it like that in post, we just need ready to defend our self since we do not know what coming to us except that cause ground to shake.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:37:18 pm by omagaalpha »
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2010, 02:00:23 pm »

Sorry about that, but

secrete weak yet hopefully distasteful acid over leaves (to discourage the large mammal from eating us)

And a few other posts made me think that had to be done.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2010, 02:32:39 pm »

öhm thanks Ottofar....

Day 5 still Midnight

Put off by the inefficiency of your minions you decide that you must gain greater control over them by establishing something like a mind network...while your brain further changes and strange appendages begin to grow out of your hostbody you also begin to grow your roots further, increasing their size and copying the system of the strange Shrub that surrounds you....

Day 6 Midnight

the growing of your Roots has succeeded, their goind nearly ten meters deep into the ground where you find even more minerals to boost you photosynthesis. And while your slowly gaining control over your minions you suddenly realize that the other animals(at least the more intelligent ones = snorks) have noticed your changing and are avoiding you. This is a major drawback to your biomass gathering but you knew that something like that would happen sooner or later. However the usage of your new roots will take another day...

Day 7 Morning
you notice that some of your ProtoWorkers haven't come back...

Day 7 Midnight
you can't store any more biomass right now and your Workers are leaving it right in front of you...rotting.

Day 8 Morning
a new creature is coming near your swarm. Or better said a whole pack of them. They ran past your outer ProtoSoldier guards and reache the pile of rotting Biomass to feast on it. As your ProtoSoldiers attack the five strange creatures they simply dodge your dull Soldiers and kill nerly 30 of them before you can wear them down with the hep of your workers and your vines. However 2 escape and leave your small hive devastated: you lost 30 Proto Soldiers and over 48 of your ProtoWorkers. As you study the bodies of the strange Attackers you are a bit confused: they seem to have theaspects of insects as well as reptilians and arachnoids. The body and the and the skind completely looks like a that of a lizard however they have eight eyes, and further more some of their teeth can produce a toxine refined from the rotting corpses. You quickly consume one of the things to gather it's DNA. Their brain is also far bigger then that of your lousy bug minions... and far more interesting it seems their scales are immune to the acid and the bugs pincers seem to barely have pierced them...

gained u. reptilarachnosect DNA
gained Storage Roots
increased biomass storage by 1t
lost 30 ProtoSoldiers
lost 48 ProtoWorkers
damaged Hive Mind
Defense Vines are currently disabled...
Leaves are currently disabled...

leaves productivity increased(+2,5 kg Biomass per day)
vines productivity lost(- 15 kg Biomass per day)

Status

Hive MIND
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hive

Bestiary:

Surroundings

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2010, 02:35:41 pm »

what does Transmitter Organisms do
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2010, 02:41:49 pm »

They dare attack We? Unfathomable. We must/should allocate all resources: armor, acid.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2010, 02:42:55 pm »

We should first repair every damaged part of the hive mind.

Then we should create a little kind of bug which shall only feast on corpses- They shall bring all the nutrition they find back to the hive!

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2010, 02:49:37 pm »

I'm We're starting to suspect that there might be another Hive Mind nearby. Those creatures that attacked seems strangely artificial.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2010, 02:51:38 pm »

We should first repair every damaged part of the hive mind.

Then we should create a little kind of bug which shall only feast on corpses- They shall bring all the nutrition they find back to the hive!

We shall do this.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2010, 02:57:50 pm »

1)Do the repairs. (17.5kg)
2)Furthermore, yes, looks like We could do with at least a little defence: Chitinous Protection Carapace I (10kg)
3)Rebuild your Scarabs! (buy 48 ProtoWorkers and 30 ProtoWariors) (5.4kg)
4)Develop some new bodyplans:
Combine BugLizard poison and storage roots: Poison sacks.
Create ProtoHarvester: workers with BugLizard [can feast on corpses]. They will take 'wasted' biomass and turn it into poison, which can be used to defend Us.
5)If We can pay for upgrades in 'installments', start work on the root network (because it is a prerequisite for so many useful upgrades)
Long Live United Forenia!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2010, 03:00:33 pm »

1)Do the repairs. (17.5kg)
2)Furthermore, yes, looks like We could do with at least a little defence: Chitinous Protection Carapace I (10kg)
3)Rebuild your Scarabs! (buy 48 ProtoWorkers and 30 ProtoWariors) (5.4kg)
4)Develop some new bodyplans:
Combine BugLizard poison and storage roots: Poison sacks.
Create ProtoHarvester: workers with BugLizard [can feast on corpses]. They will take 'wasted' biomass and turn it into poison, which can be used to defend Us.
5)If We can pay for upgrades in 'installments', start work on the root network (because it is a prerequisite for so many useful upgrades)

This!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2010, 03:20:52 pm »

I have another suggestion:

Create ProtoDefender
-Use Snork Body size, plus BugLizard bodyshape to create structure.
-Add BugLizard Scales and Toxin ability. Convert the toxin to be sprayed alá ProtoSoldier style.
-If possible, bulk up all the muscles of the ProtoDefender

This should create a creature 1m long and 50cm high, has six legs, eight eyes, and has scales and a toxin spitting capability.

This is bigger than the BugLizards, and has an added ranged attack. It can also potentially be stronger. Perfect Army material.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27