Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22901 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2010, 07:15:21 pm »

I vote for the better acid
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 07:47:53 pm »

EDIT: And stop using all-caps for personal pronouns, it's annoying.

Not to mention its a bit wierd.

I'd say go for photosynthetic leaves, it won't attract much attention since we are already a plant.
A plant that doesn't usually have those type of leaves. If a potato suddenly started growing from a tree, wouldn't you notice? It would be alot less noticable if a venus flytrap suddenly started eating small rats.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010, 07:49:50 pm »

EDIT: And stop using all-caps for personal pronouns, it's annoying.

Not to mention its a bit wierd.

I'd say go for photosynthetic leaves, it won't attract much attention since we are already a plant.
A plant that doesn't usually have those type of leaves. If a potato suddenly started growing from a tree, wouldn't you notice? It would be alot less noticable if a venus flytrap suddenly started eating small rats.

Good point, and it already ate something the size of a rat.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2010, 07:50:45 pm »

I still say we give the beetles fox snork DNA :/

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010, 07:51:24 pm »

I don't see why we can't do that.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 07:52:10 pm »

We should start feeding them it slowly. They won't notice evolution until it's too late.

>Put out spores or seeds.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 07:53:32 pm »

We should start feeding them it slowly. They won't notice evolution until it's too late.

>Put out spores or seeds.

Can't we absorb them and then mix the DNA?
To be partly feline,

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 07:53:55 pm »

We probably should send scouts around to see if theres actually any settlements on the planet, or at least the continent.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 07:56:27 pm »

We probably should send scouts around to see if theres actually any settlements on the planet, or at least the continent.

And what better scouts than small, quick, organized swarms of chitinous mammals?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 07:57:08 pm »

And what better scouts than small, quick, organized swarms of chitinous mammals?

So we absorb them.
To be partly feline,

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 08:08:09 pm »

Good point, and it already ate something the size of a rat.
In my experience, rats are usually not a meter long. (About 3 feet for you Imperialists)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2010, 08:41:02 pm »

Another vote for developing acid, making four small snork-bug scouts, and using remaining extra biomass to extend our tentacles.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53:52 pm »

I say we get the chitin destroying acid.
I agree with this.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2010, 03:23:08 am »

Well we can't mess with their DNA without it, so why do we even have to say 'sure go for the frigging acid already'
However!
Why would We combine Our precious beetles with snorks? At best We would get a large beetle.
When We create new creatures We should have a goal in mind. Messing with creatures for fun is the realm of mad scientists, not Glorious Overminds.
Instead, we should modify the beetles into two different forms: One larger, more aggressive variant which can spit Triffid Acid, and one very timid variant that is forced to remain within the Triffid Hive, helping to nurture new creatures, cut up meals for the Hive (to speed up digestion), and do whatever other random chores are required. We shall call them ProtoSoldiers and ProtoWorkers.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2010, 03:29:02 am »

Well we can't mess with their DNA without it, so why do we even have to say 'sure go for the frigging acid already'
However!
Why would We combine Our precious beetles with snorks? At best We would get a large beetle.
When We create new creatures We should have a goal in mind. Messing with creatures for fun is the realm of mad scientists, not Glorious Overminds.
Instead, we should modify the beetles into two different forms: One larger, more aggressive variant which can spit Triffid Acid, and one very timid variant that is forced to remain within the Triffid Hive, helping to nurture new creatures, cut up meals for the Hive (to speed up digestion), and do whatever other random chores are required. We shall call them ProtoSoldiers and ProtoWorkers.
Also add in two others:
That are expendable and do Suicidal jobs: ProtoSacrifices.
That inject a virus that slowly turns infected hosts into ProtoSoldiers: ProtoInfectors
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27