Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22895 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2010, 09:28:08 am »

We can't have leaves and a carapace... This plan needs 17.5 kg of biomass we have only 15.

And anyway leaves + soldiers is a better way. Soldiers will defend us and bring more biomass\DNA

yes to this
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:44:08 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2010, 09:36:04 am »

We can't have leaves and a carapace... This plan needs 17.5 kg of biomass we have only 15.

And anyway leaves + soldiers is a better way. Soldiers will defend us and bring more biomass\DNA
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2010, 09:36:42 am »

This.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2010, 09:50:57 am »

Right.
If we can spend all our biomass without dying (eg biomass is biomass in storage not the biomass of the hivemind itself) we should go with this:
Leaves (relatively secure source of biomass-good for rainy days) at 7.5kg
70 ProtoWorkers (totalling 80 ProtoWorkers for a whopping 40kg of biomass per day)
and 40 ProtoWarriors (equalling the biomass of the workers) who are to defend the workers from harm.

Else, just buy the leaves.

Also, can we just call the 'unknown insects' Scarabs?
Long Live United Forenia!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2010, 09:51:44 am »

our ultimate goal must be to create zerglings
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

no one even noticed this  :'(
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2010, 09:53:19 am »

I did.
To be partly feline,

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2010, 09:54:28 am »

I did, it's just a little far off for now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2010, 09:57:37 am »

I did.
I too noticed it.
I have a comment for you, if you want:
No shit, Captain Obvious.
Long Live United Forenia!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2010, 10:01:54 am »

sry every 1

i do know we cant do this now, but who knows later.......

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2010, 10:06:02 am »

sry every 1

i do know we cant do this now, but who knows later.......

Believe me, we will do it. But it will have to wait...
To be partly feline,

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2010, 10:13:04 am »

BTW we need to to find a way to kill other triffids in the area. They eat our food
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2010, 10:13:52 am »

BTW we need to to find a way to kill other triffids in the area. They eat our food

Or infect them.
To be partly feline,

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2010, 10:18:55 am »

We don't really need the chitin on Ourselves, as it only protects against insects, which our acid also does.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2010, 10:53:39 am »

OOC: remember guys you could also spend time on further research of DNA maybe you will find the one or other interesting thing....
oh ans sorry if it wasn't obvious the Biomass mentioned in the Hive Mind Section is the storaged one. currently you can't go over 20 kg because you lack proper storaging containers...
Also Some other Info:
You can't currently raid farther then 10 meters from your current position and if that biomass is converted you will have nothing more.
Concerning your minions:
your brain currently controls every single minion,the digestion,makes thinking and contains your mind. You will get severe penalties for that, as such a mult-multi tasking is hard to do....Consider increasing your brain or the breeding of control-creatures whcih will do the further thinking...
Also Consider the possiblity of creating a mind network between you and your minions so that you can use them as eyes and ears, and that you can (if need be) surpress their basic instincts. Because currently they will only follow you when it doesn't interferes with thei basic instincts. Meaning: If they are ordered to attack something larger they will flee...

Day 2 Nightfall
Assembling the biomass you begin to grow giant fish like leaves, looking like giant solar sails. Additionally your roots grow deeper into the earth to gain more minerals for biomass production and to prevent that you just fall sideways. Suddenly you hear rainfall but no drop reaches you, which is really unfortunate and highly disturbing. You can't manage to figure out where the rain is going but you don't get one single drop...

Day 3 Morning
After having grown your new Appendages, you decide that you should raid your surroundings and create new minions. It nearly costs you all stored biomass, your whole strength of mind and another day but now you have over one hundred small minions raiding the surroundings for you.

Day 4 Nightfall
You find it increasingly hard to control your new "appendages" and notice that if you don't give them direct orders they jut cease to do anything, they simply stop on the spot and do nothing. Additional to that annoyance you can't be everywhere and your other actions also slowly cease. You think that it is now of vital importance to create some thinking control minions and a mind network elsewise you will be completely overstrained...

gained Leaves
    gained 70 ProtoWorkers
    gained 40 ProtoWarriors
    developed DNA-Plan: Control Organism I
    WARNING: MENTAL EXERTION

Status

Hive Mind

Hive

Bestiary

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2010, 10:58:18 am »

Let's get some brain growth, and take a look over our DNA and see what we can do about control organisms.
To be partly feline,

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27