Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22825 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2010, 05:32:23 pm »

Also grow the storage and root upgrades, soon we move underground :D

Those cost 500 kg of biomass each! We only have 40!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2010, 05:50:34 pm »

Well with the daily income we can easily get the needed biomass for both in less than two days, so i see no reason not to do it
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 13, 2010, 02:13:13 am »

as i have seen tath many of you have different ways to approach being a hive mind i thought it would be a good idea to let decide you all in which direction you want to evolve

>  Zerg/Tyranid-like Mind
                          /
                        /
Current Hive Mind---> Virus spreading (Mind is actually a conglomerate of infected bodies)
                       \
                         \
                           > Alien-like mind(victims are hosts, minions evolve the abilities of their host)

Feel free to add other ways how the Hive Mind could evolve. I made this because the current design of the hive mind is very bulky and it takes nearly an hour to write one turn. We currently go rather in the direction of the Zerg-Tyranid-like Hive Mind...which in my own opinion i can't support any longer because if we grow even more it will take me hours to organize one turn just because of the sheer size of millions of minions, the surrounding new different species, random events and the actions of sapients...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2010, 03:14:50 am »

which in my own opinion i can't support any longer because if we grow even more it will take me hours to organize one turn just because of the sheer size of millions of minions

I suggest to use method of old game master of orion (the first one). You can't have more than some number of designs.

If you go over limit you must either scrap old design (with converting half of the mass of all creatures of that design into raw biomass) Or make new units by combining designs:
For example: Scrap Protogenerals, Protodefenders make new unit : Protosquad - 1 protogeneral + 10 protodefenders (56kg). After that players can't produce protogenerals or proto defenders, only protosquads. One slot gained and 56kg unit is comparable to one Warrior Organism.
It is good to have units of one scale and units must scale up because we scale up.

With that system 10-15 units will be enough for entire game.

This is how I want organize our bugs ) But I need to know commanding limits of microgenerals and transmitting range of micromessengers, to offer exact structure

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2010, 03:17:01 am »

I'm for a Zerg-type Hive Mind.

I WANT ZERGLINGS GRR
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2010, 03:30:20 am »

we are currently already going into the direction of a Zerg-like Hive Mind.

And Ukrainian Ranger your idea is great, that will make things much easier at least concerning organizing troops...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2010, 06:46:28 am »

I offer this:

Send protosergeants to get termites DNA... Scrap the design.   It is useless unit

Scrap microworker and protoharvester designs. Create the "Gathering unit" (360 microworkers + 20 protoharvesters + 2 protogenerals)  50 kg   
Create two such units

Scrap protodefenders create "Scout Unit" design (1 protogeneral + 12 prodefenders)   66kg create 3 such units

Scrap microsoldiers, micromessengers, microgenerals, microkamikadzes. design the "Swarm unit" (650 protosoldiers + 50 micromessengers + 50 microgenerals + 80mikrokamikadzes ) 100 kg create one such unit

scrap protogenerals  create the "mobile command unit"  (10 protogenrals) 60 kg
Create one such unit

Scrap brain triffids create "Stationary command unit" (8 brain triffids) 80 kg
Create one such unit

Produce new organisms to fill this organiztaions when necessary

Bigger creatures shoud stay one unit=one creature until we scale up again

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:52:38 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2010, 06:55:14 am »

Very nice, I approve of this organization of troops. It's appropiate for our current scale.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 13, 2010, 11:18:55 am »

So if the reorganization above accepted we get such units

1) Gathering unit. :  Our main source of income. Slightly protected by generals but still takes command limit. Can only procces giant trees ATM.

2) Swarm unit : Our cannon fodder. Effective in many roles against opponents of all sizes from termites to trolls. Minus - most likely eats a lot of command limit

3) Scout unit Another pretty universal unit with good combat and limited command possibilites.

4) Mobile command unit Good, can defend itself. Can command big forces. good command limit\cost ratio

5) Stationary command unit Last line of defence. Can hunt. Improves command limit. Unfortunately nothing left to hunt but they can be used in future as outposts in new territories

6) Warriors Look like they'll be our zerlings for long time ( even after we scale up)

7) Warrior generals Mobile command unit gives much more to our command limit for less biomass but has less direct combat power

8) Guardians Our battleships... costly, powerfull but vulnerable without support

What we need:

9) Bunkers

10) Powerfull transmitters

11) Burrowers (NO DNA currently)

12) Airforce (NO DNA currently)

13) Artillery ( NO DNA currently)

Please, offer wariants. We realy need transmiter, but i have no good ideas for it

Bunkers are needed too

PS. 15 units should be good limit. I can't put everything in 10 )
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:25:14 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 13, 2010, 05:11:04 pm »

Perhaps that large tree DNA could prove useful in making living buildings? More size to work with and each tree provides a lot of biomass, not to mention crucial upgrades.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2010, 02:45:18 am »

I offer to do this:

new Body parts plans and future hive Upgrades plans

Dna Blueprint created
Connector: 500 metres long thin root that grow in long line several inches bellow the ground.  Basically our phone line for transmitting orders. Feeds from our roots, can connect to another connector has no aboveground part. Additionally new command centers can grow from this root (use shrub DNA + Giant trees DNA+triffids DNAs) 

Per day production
1 gathering unit (50kg)
1 warrior organism (50kg)
2 scout units (132kg)
1 swarm unit (100kg)
0,5 mobile command unit (30 kg)

One time production
Feel the gaps in the new organization

Upgrades
Root network II (500 kg)
Storage roots II (500 kg)

Orders

1) send protosergeants to hit and run attack on the termites. Goal: Get exactly one termite for DNA (we'll scrap them anyway, so no big deal if sergeants die )

2) Order Warriors and warrior generals to chop down giant trees using their claws as axes. I think this will help our gathering units to  speed up the process. Use all aviable brain resources to make this process as safe as possible

3) Do not touch termites if the do not touch us (except hit and run attack in oreder #1)

Naming and renaming
u insects - termites

Design management

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

comments:

Distant command centers may be very useful... they can hunt (they return their cost in a day if pray is nearby), they will coordinate our invasion parties and they look like usual triffids. We should build few after we assimilate termites

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2010, 03:00:27 am »

not termites its termines
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2010, 09:33:50 pm »

not termites its termines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termite

and use your spell checker please.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2010, 09:37:57 pm »

I think he was making a joke. TerMINEs go boom.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2010, 11:44:52 pm »

oh i was actually going for termines as in miners its an alien world we can those ******* anything and also teese arent the termites we are used too

ps ranger that was also used in CAC 3

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27