Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22827 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2010, 03:43:00 pm »

I think we should order our horde of protosoldiers to search for burrows and kill anything inside (get us fresh DNAs)

Our protoharvesters should continue to hunt insects and look for new ones

Protodefenders  should exterminate triffids.

Protogenerals = valuable reserve

And I suggest to do one day turn with orders, upgrades and design. Then we can design what to build\design with freshly gotten  DNAs.

It's so bad that we need to wait several weeks :( I hoped that someone would become new GM :( ( I would love to but I think that my English isn't good enough )
You post on the DF forums, correct?

Your english is good enough.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2010, 04:14:46 pm »

You post on the DF forums, correct?

Your english is good enough.

I now that my English is understandable :)
But it takes to much time and effort to write long  GMposts in it.

And anyway
oh sorry that i wrote there several weeks... just one week...
no point to ruin GM's plans if it's only one week
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2010, 10:50:58 pm »

bump
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2010, 04:58:56 am »

Proposal: unfinished version. One day action only

new Body parts plans and future hive Upgrades plans
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dna Blueprint created

Per day production

One time production
50 Micromessengers (0,5kg)
20 Protodefenders (100Kg)

Actions and Upgrades
1) Create Brain II (50kg)
2) Create Chitin-Scale-Alloy Protection Carapace(200kg)

Orders
1) Microsoldiers should find burrows, attack burrowing creatures, bring biomass  and DNA. Protodefenders and protogenerals should help if burrows are big enough for them to fit

Naming and renaming

u. Sapient should be called Troll

Protoworkers should be called Microworkers:
Protosoldiers should be called Microsoldiers:
Protomessengers should be called Micromessengers

Comments:
1) I offer new naming style:
units 1g and less = nano
Units 0.001-0,5kg = micro
Units 0,5kg - 10kg = proto
Units 10kg - 100Kg = no prefix
Units 100kg-1t = mega
1t+ = super

2) I am strongly against designing anything bigger than 200 kg. (bunkers may be exception)

3) disguising our new armies as local creatures may give big benefits against sapients.

4) Feel free to use this as a template for your own offer.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:01:22 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2010, 10:41:00 am »

ok im back again and if you post your actions wecan continue again...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2010, 10:46:17 am »

Call the sentients Trolls, yes?

Upgrades: All available (why the hell not)

Design the following:
ProtoGrowth: Fishtail leaves on top of roots. Nothing but a biomass-producing weed. (spam across your entire territory)
Mark II ProtoSoldiers: Take the BugLizard body plan (six legged lizard). Make it bipedal (use troll DNA). Give it Chitin, acid spray (scarabs, triffids), and chitin claws (combine troll claws with scarab chitin). Make it 1m tall.
Mark II ProtoGenerals: Upgrade their brain power with the Trolls' brains. Make them twice as big.
ProtoTank. Mark II ProtoDefender
Basically the ProtoDefender except scaled up so it is 6m long and 3m high. most likely an insane amout of Biomass, but it will easliy take out the sapients trolls. And anything else in it's way.

The new Mark II Line is the latest in Hive mind military bioengineering. Still prefaced with 'Proto', as they all remain prototypes for what is still to come (universal conquest), the Mark II line boasts an increased size to match the impressive girth of the native trolls. The soldiers, though still small in comparison to the trolls, are at least more than an irritant towards the trolls; sufficient numbers will be able to swarm over them with ease. The Generals have been doubled in size to remain larger than the soldiers, as well as having increased brain mass (courtesy of troll brain DNA).
The Mark II defender has been increased dramatically in size in order to pose a serious threat to the trolls; one defender should be able to tear a troll to pieces.

Most important: ProtoGrowth Spamming. No matter what kind of army we make, we are going to need one, and it going to have to be big. So we need a lot of Biomass, preferably not from a source that can run away.
Long Live United Forenia!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2010, 10:51:08 am »

That, also:

Shouldn't the pampus grass give us biomass? Grow Brain Growth II, Weak Acid Coating I and Chitin-Scale-Alloy Protection Carapace. Grow more roots underground to search for burrowing creatures or burrows of burrowing creatures. Consider how to improve your root network and storage roots. Mutate your army to have transmitter organs if they do not already? Kill the remaining sapients so that they do not spread the word? If not possible let your horde flee away from your main hive so that the sapients are fooled into thinking that the nest is in another direction. Let the army return under the cover of night. Make more protosergeants and recuperate losses.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2010, 02:43:45 pm »

I wonder why we have not encountered a virus.

Although risky to Our wellbeing, they could easily allow us a long range infection capabilities. It is also possible that we could modify Our acid spray to carry such. If we make these viruses, we could modify the virus plan itself to make its hosts cells secrete the very acid we use. One spray could indeed always kill, if not slowly. We should not worry about the average method to prevent viruses (interfereons) due to our acid melting them away.

Suggestion:

Spoiler: Suggested DNA path A (click to show/hide)

as to spreading the virus:

Spoiler: Protosprayer (click to show/hide)

Of course, I need to confirm we have a viruse. Even a bacterium could have useful acid-excretion capabilities...
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2010, 10:02:34 am »

Bump!

Lets decide something

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2010, 02:09:19 pm »

OOC:i haven't intended microbiological life, but let's do this the following (propably not really realistic) way: you can only get virus dna by getting infecte by one. This means you have to give up your plant form and be stung or bitten by something that carries viruses(for example a mosquito carrying ebola...).
Oh and following because of the spamming possibility of photosynthesis(which would make the biomass gathering to easy) i decided that from now on you can't get biomass by it. The only way possible to gain biomass is by gathering it from living creatures...

Day 20 Midday
Using the massive amounts of of biomass you have saved, you decide to put it to use.
You begin to strengthen your outer carapace and that of the brain triffids connected to you. It's alloy of chitin and scales makes you invulnerable to normal sized mammals of any kind. However sapients and animals with special forms of digestion and biting mechanisms may be still able to pierce through your body...

You try to send out your scouts to find anything of the sapients but you cannot detect them.

Day 22
you and your brain triffids have finally upgraded into the new carapace and additionally you have grown glands which coat you in acid should anything try to attack you. Now you are perfectly secure of any normal sized animal. But as soon as you're finished you decide tht your current brain can't control and process the amount of information coming from all your different appendages....

Day 23
Several of your harvesters have brought back a new kind of DNA as you connect with them you can see that they have discovered giant plants, reaching a size of over 100 m. As you analize the DNA you discover why the water flow was stopped: the trees grow on their tops giant cup like leaves which gather the water and store it in the roots. As you take a closer look you realize that those roots may come in handy: they go up to 30 m deep and are far bigger than your current ones...

Day 24 Morning
with the bigger size of your brain things go much easier and in a sudden whim you cross several DNAs and produce new blueprints for your soldiers...

Day 24 Evening
several of your scouts have discovered giant heaps of earth. Nearly 10 meters tall and completely perforated. As they move closer to inspect several hundred strange new insects rush upon your porr scouts and kill them. You barely manage to remove your presence before they got torn apart, but you now know how those insect look that take up so much life. They seem to live organized in states and additional to this they seem to be able to dig. But what unnerves you is the fact that every single one of them is nearly 20 cm tall and 50 cm in length and that there where several hundred if not several thousand if you go deeper into their hive...

Day 25
The Breeding Organism nearly explodes as it births the giant being out of hundreds of kilos of Biomass. But it was worth the use of so much Biomass. Your new Defender Prototype is ready: The Guardian-Class Organism. It's nearly 6 m height and3m lenght may not be discret, but that compensated it by the ability to take on 4 or 5 armed Trolls at the same time. You squeak in Glee as the next oneis born although the birth Canal needs a pause after that.

Day 26
Your new Warrior Organisms and the Warrior-Generals are ready now. 1m to 2m tall beasts covered in a chitin-scale alloy, armed with acid spraying capabilities and 20 cm long claws it can step up to a troll.
Althoug that cam to a high price: you converted your whole pampus grass and all of the surrounding snorks,triffids and scarabs. Now the surrounding place is empty except for some flying insect in the distance, the giant hives of the digger-things, and the large trees...

Hive Mind

Hive

Bestiary

Surroundings

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2010, 02:22:46 pm »

Name tree towercap.
name insects thermines

Get one of the huge things to make a hit-and-run to get thermin DNA
Take over trees, (disconecting from the triffid if neccesery to take over stuff.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2010, 02:27:21 pm »

Ghazkull,  write new command limits, please (hive mind and all brain organisms)

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 12, 2010, 02:55:09 pm »

>.> Let's be the Zerg Overmind.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 12, 2010, 03:50:16 pm »

I'm tempted to suggest that we attack the hive with our protodefenders, but that is not a good idea. Stealing DNA however is a good one. Then we can create creatures that are small enough to get into their hive and still be tough enough to take them out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2010, 05:11:53 pm »

Also grow the storage and root upgrades, soon we move underground :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27