Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22843 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #345 on: May 06, 2010, 03:52:26 pm »

They can't tear through ranks... 1) They are slow 2)They are easy to hit (big and slow) 3)longbows\crossbows\thrown spears can easily penetrate chitin...

I think that 216 protodefenders can kill 5 well armed Trolls... I am sure that MK2 protodefender has no chances to do the same
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:59:25 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 06, 2010, 05:49:31 pm »

Well if it's thick enough it could stop anything a primitive race can throw at them, so we just need to develop it further, maybe probe the earth for hard materials to incorporate into the armour
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 07, 2010, 08:19:50 am »

bump!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 07, 2010, 12:17:36 pm »

I like the bunker idea, so much so, that I created this:

Use Triffid shape, with Pampus depth, Poison sacks, Defense Vines, Chitin-scale-Alloy, Acid Coating, Toxin/acid spray.

This should give us an effective Bunker. I'm thinking we should have the ProtoSentry, at 2m daimeter and 3m high and the ProtoBunker, at 4m diameter and 6m high. If youwant we could also have the ProtoFortress, at 6m daimeter and 9m high.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 07, 2010, 12:20:24 pm »

I suggest we modify that, i think that it would be much more resilient if it was mostly underground, also the vines would have to be much stronger than ordinary triffid vines, we should look into making them much more muscular and much longer
AS - IG

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 07, 2010, 12:22:59 pm »

That would be good, but I have no idea how we would do that, as we don't have any DNA for it.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 07, 2010, 01:06:44 pm »

I was under the impression that we were just devouring everything.

no we will only assimalate everything
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 07, 2010, 02:06:54 pm »

Well if we find a burrowing organism we could create something similar to that new defense building the Zerg have, the vine creeper or something, we create this hulking monstrosity that goes and digs a hole for itself, then it roots itself in and grows vines
AS - IG

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 07, 2010, 02:09:42 pm »

we'll have to catch burrowing creatures first.

My suggestion, grow our (and our assimilated plants) roots to create a huge lattice, which will be able to ensnare and absorb anything that tounches them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2010, 07:12:17 am »

bump.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2010, 07:19:59 am »

bump.
anyways the next weeks i wont be able to post, i have much things for school to do and im also doing that zombie apocalypse rtd and with that it gets pretty much, so i would be happy if someone could continue a while for me...
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2010, 08:09:00 am »

I know, I just don't want this to get too buried.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2010, 10:33:56 am »

I think we should order our horde of protosoldiers to search for burrows and kill anything inside (get us fresh DNAs)

Our protoharvesters should continue to hunt insects and look for new ones

Protodefenders  should exterminate triffids.

Protogenerals = valuable reserve

And I suggest to do one day turn with orders, upgrades and design. Then we can design what to build\design with freshly gotten  DNAs.

It's so bad that we need to wait several weeks :( I hoped that someone would become new GM :( ( I would love to but I think that my English isn't good enough )
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2010, 11:33:21 am »

oh sorry that i wrote there several weeks... just one week...

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:42 pm »

I think we should order our horde of protosoldiers to search for burrows and kill anything inside (get us fresh DNAs)

Our protoharvesters should continue to hunt insects and look for new ones

Protodefenders  should exterminate triffids.

Protogenerals = valuable reserve

And I suggest to do one day turn with orders, upgrades and design. Then we can design what to build\design with freshly gotten  DNAs.

It's so bad that we need to wait several weeks :( I hoped that someone would become new GM :( ( I would love to but I think that my English isn't good enough )

You'd do fine, I think. My English goes ununderstandable sometimes, with the word order getting really strange.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27