Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22867 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2010, 10:48:08 am »

Create 5 "FRIENDLY" versions of those sapients. Send to them to interact and learn from the natives. And then remove them one by one so we can replace them with copies.

ooooooooooo shiny....... good idea we do this
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2010, 11:10:30 am »

Missed information:

1) How much units can protosergeant control? (looks like they are useless for the role I wanted)
2) How far protomessengers can transmit our orders
3) Why our leaves are not listed n income
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:34 pm »

What DNA did we get from the Sapients? We could make some awesome soldiers from them.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »

We should isolate the intelligence and slowly introduce parts of it into the generals.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2010, 12:15:49 pm »

Also, a new idea:

ProtoTank.

Basically the ProtoDefender except scaled up so it is 6m long and 3m high. most likely an insane amout of Biomass, but it will easliy take out the sapients. And anything else in it's way.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2010, 12:17:22 pm »

Yes and give it chitin, heavy, so it can srug off most attacks
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2010, 12:18:44 pm »

Good idea!

We should also look into harvesting DNA from basic plants, like trees and stuff. we could use it to make hardier triffids.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2010, 12:28:30 pm »

So ProtoTank blueprint as follows:
6m long, 3m high, six legs, eight eyes, chitin scale alloy, Acid/Toxin spray.

I have another idea aswell:

Goliath
8m high, 2 legs, 20 cm long claws, 8 eyes, chitin scale alloy, Acid/Toxin spray.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2010, 12:29:59 pm »

I have another idea aswell:

Goliath
8m high, 2 legs, 20 cm long claws, 8 eyes, chitin scale alloy, Acid/Toxin spray.
[/quote]
weee must dooo thissssssss
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »

Consider ways to increase biomass gains from photosynthesis, make it more efficient etc. And whatever happenend to that we didn't receive any rain when it rained?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2010, 12:33:56 pm »

Create 5 "FRIENDLY" versions of those sapients. Send to them to interact and learn from the natives. And then remove them one by one so we can replace them with copies.

We only killed one. His friends ran off first so maybe we can build a clone of that one, injure it enough that it couldn't speak (lets face it we would need to learn language and the like) and could barely walk and have it valiantly stumble back to wherever they are camped.

Assuming they are social they will help their injured friend.
We'd probably need more like you say to do a replace of them, but this way should be an easy integration into their group.

This of course assumes we can grow fulling grown large creatures.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »

since we absorbed him we know all he did dont we?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2010, 12:36:45 pm »

We should then fill up the injured thingy with basic infection forms. :D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2010, 12:37:58 pm »

Call the sentients Trolls, yes?

Upgrades: All available (why the hell not)

Design the following:
ProtoGrowth: Fishtail leaves on top of roots. Nothing but a biomass-producing weed. (spam across your entire territory)
Mark II ProtoSoldiers: Take the BugLizard body plan (six legged lizard). Make it bipedal (use troll DNA). Give it Chitin, acid spray (scarabs, triffids), and chitin claws (combine troll claws with scarab chitin). Make it 1m tall.
Mark II ProtoGenerals: Upgrade their brain power with the Trolls' brains. Make them twice as big.
ProtoTank. Mark II ProtoDefender
Basically the ProtoDefender except scaled up so it is 6m long and 3m high. most likely an insane amout of Biomass, but it will easliy take out the sapients trolls. And anything else in it's way.

The new Mark II Line is the latest in Hive mind military bioengineering. Still prefaced with 'Proto', as they all remain prototypes for what is still to come (universal conquest), the Mark II line boasts an increased size to match the impressive girth of the native trolls. The soldiers, though still small in comparison to the trolls, are at least more than an irritant towards the trolls; sufficient numbers will be able to swarm over them with ease. The Generals have been doubled in size to remain larger than the soldiers, as well as having increased brain mass (courtesy of troll brain DNA).
The Mark II defender has been increased dramatically in size in order to pose a serious threat to the trolls; one defender should be able to tear a troll to pieces.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2010, 01:01:40 pm »

Call the sentients Trolls, yes?

Upgrades: All available (why the hell not)

Design the following:
ProtoGrowth: Fishtail leaves on top of roots. Nothing but a biomass-producing weed. (spam across your entire territory)
Mark II ProtoSoldiers: Take the BugLizard body plan (six legged lizard). Make it bipedal (use troll DNA). Give it Chitin, acid spray (scarabs, triffids), and chitin claws (combine troll claws with scarab chitin). Make it 1m tall.
Mark II ProtoGenerals: Upgrade their brain power with the Trolls' brains. Make them twice as big.
ProtoTank. Mark II ProtoDefender
Basically the ProtoDefender except scaled up so it is 6m long and 3m high. most likely an insane amout of Biomass, but it will easliy take out the sapients trolls. And anything else in it's way.

The new Mark II Line is the latest in Hive mind military bioengineering. Still prefaced with 'Proto', as they all remain prototypes for what is still to come (universal conquest), the Mark II line boasts an increased size to match the impressive girth of the native trolls. The soldiers, though still small in comparison to the trolls, are at least more than an irritant towards the trolls; sufficient numbers will be able to swarm over them with ease. The Generals have been doubled in size to remain larger than the soldiers, as well as having increased brain mass (courtesy of troll brain DNA).
The Mark II defender has been increased dramatically in size in order to pose a serious threat to the trolls; one defender should be able to tear a troll to pieces.

Doo eet!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27