Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Hive Mind  (Read 22877 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Mind
« Reply #270 on: May 05, 2010, 03:52:39 am »

What about readying it for harvest, or turning the body into a veritably factory for those little worm things, so that they can do massive damage?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 05, 2010, 03:59:49 am »

I agree with everything Ukrainian Ranger has said.
In the words of the proletariat,
'Do eet!'
Long Live United Forenia!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 05, 2010, 04:03:49 am »

DOO EEEET
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 05, 2010, 04:06:22 am »

TARRAN AGREES
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 05, 2010, 04:17:30 am »

Stand, but I still press for photosynthesis at all of our stationary platforms.

p.s. In addition, Protoharvesters actually earn their cost within a day. They should be used as the other main form of income.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2010, 04:32:33 am »

As for photosynthesis we can build 5-20 brain triffids. Make new hive mind (old hive mind + all of the brain triffids) and upgrade old triffids to the state of our current Hive Mind (leaves, stonger acid and all other upgrades. We have done it once, we can make it twenty times)

It is a long term plan but it may be very effective.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2010, 04:37:58 am »

p.s. In addition, Protoharvesters actually earn their cost within a day. They should be used as the other main form of income.

Protoworkers earn ten times their cost....
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2010, 04:52:08 am »

Protoworkers earn ten times their cost....
I mean protoworkers. Sorry about that.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2010, 04:56:18 am »

I mean protoworkers. Sorry about that.

We don't know what harvests get or cost though I think, so they might still be better. Also there has to be an upper limit the workers can collect for us.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 05, 2010, 05:16:14 am »

We have 3 major sources of biomass that protoworkers can't use

Scrabs (900kgs) Easy prey for harvesters and protosoldiers

Triffids (1000 kgs) Another easy pray.

and our main source -

Insect Biomass(2 species): 160 t. Shouldn't be hard to harvesters

Workers can only work with 50t of plants (+ corpses)... but we need plants(and corpses) to feed our main source of potential income : insects. So.. too many workers may  be very dangerous for us. We don't want to ruin ecosystem, yet
____

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 05, 2010, 06:20:29 am »

we need an update.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 05, 2010, 07:29:57 am »

We have 3 major sources of biomass that protoworkers can't use

Scrabs (900kgs) Easy prey for harvesters and protosoldiers

Triffids (1000 kgs) Another easy pray.

and our main source -

Insect Biomass(2 species): 160 t. Shouldn't be hard to harvesters

Workers can only work with 50t of plants (+ corpses)... but we need plants(and corpses) to feed our main source of potential income : insects. So.. too many workers may  be very dangerous for us. We don't want to ruin ecosystem, yet
____
We ARE the ecosystem. So I say invest in food production instead of collection.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 05, 2010, 08:44:28 am »

And honestly, with the infection form I was thinking more along the lines of the Flood than the Zerg.

If the host needs to balance it, he can make it take time - I doubt the humans here will no how to remove the creature that just crawled under their skin, after all.

The key is I want zombies.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 05, 2010, 09:11:23 am »

but did you not know thats what the zerg are?
The Xel'Naga were more successful with their second venture than they could have imagined. They laboured to advance the evolution of the most insignificant life form on Zerus, a race of miniature insectoids known as the Zerg. Through Xel'Naga proto-genetic manipulations, the Zerg survived the torrential firestorms of their world and thrived. Although extremely small, worm-like, and possessing no ability to manipulate their physical surroundings, the Zerg adapted to survive. They developed the ability to burrow into the flesh of the less vulnerable species indigenous to Zerus. Feeding off the nutrients contained within the spinal fluids of their hosts, the Zerg learned to parasitically merge with their host creatures. Once they became capable of controlling the metabolic and anatomical processes of their hosts, the Zerg used their new bodies to manipulate their surroundings.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 05, 2010, 09:12:40 am »

I'm aware, I was just thinking Flood when I said it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27