Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin somehow knocked into upper z-level, now no one can attack him...  (Read 1172 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...but he's able to interrupt all of my dwarves!  Gah!  If only crossbows worked!  I can't build a ramp, because he interrupts construction.  Is there any way to disable civilian fear so my guys can construct close enough for my soldiers to actually get to that pesky gobbo?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:24:59 pm by VerdantSF »

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile

I wish, that would make life so much easier. Stiff upper lip masons!
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Pyro93735

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try getting at him from a z-level above him or digging toward him from the z-level he's on. Remember that channeling now creates a ramp between the z-levels so you might be able to make a ramp to the goblin from the z-level above him if there's another layer above him. Unless he's just floating in mid-air?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just mod out the eyes in their raws, easy as that.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

I think marksdwarves can shoot upwards. If they can, you now have a workaround for the marksdwarf training bug.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile

Reason I love this game #24: removing an entire race's eyes is a proper solution to a problem.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile

Does that really work?

also cave in?
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Does that really work?

also cave in?

Why don't you try and see? (both should work)
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think marksdwarves can shoot upwards. If they can, you now have a workaround for the marksdwarf training bug.
They can, at reduced range. Oddly, they get the same range reduction shooting down.
The problem is, unless they've immigrated or started with Marksdwarf skills, they won't fire crossbows ever, they'll just bash with them.

Try building a platform a little distance away and build a ballista or catapult on it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fear radius of that stupid goblin was too much so I couldn't dig anywhere close to him.  I finally downloaded dfhack and dropped magma on him.  I usually don't like to cheat, but then again, my marksdwarves refuse to shoot.