Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41221 times)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc Facts (click to show/hide)
As always, look out for errors, especially forgotten EXP points(too much of them) :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:28:35 am by NoctisVampire »

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile

So the captain just called for a meeting. Uh-oh. That came out of nowhere, and if there's one thing I can say for certain, it's that meetings like that are almost never good. I hope I didn't do something wrong. Ah, it doesn't matter. Let's go see what this is about.

I head to the conference room. Once I reach it, I will salute my captain. "I'm here, Cap'n," I'll say. "What's this about?"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When Captain Bastista called for the officers to report to the conference room, Sxtan was doing review on an experiment that he was planning on simulating in the holodeck. Quickly saving the data and assigning any immediate duties (besides the mentioned experiment, which is his responsibility) to subordinates he knew could handle it, he tapped the combadge "On my way sir."

Head to the conference room and on arrival, salute the captain "Lt. Sxtan reporting.", then sit down (assuming the chairs morph into a shape that would be comfortable for his species to sit on), "Whats going on?"

I'm inagining a conference room like the one the Enterprise has, or Voyager as Noctis said.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:14:42 pm by smjjames »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Actually usually the RNG Gods don't like me too much, maybe just this RTD and Chaosfactions? I hope my rolls are this good should we get into actual combat. Also: Random.org is good.)

Para gets the communication and calls in someone to relieve him from his post, before heading towards the conference room, his heart beating a bit faster, hoping for something a bit more interesting to happen during this journey.

After having been told of the change of plans, I let the tactical squad know of the change of plans, and start looking up any spaceships that may be around our destination, and any reports of combat activity.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:58:02 pm by Paranatural »
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile

Wait until everyone is present.

"Hey guys, you're not going to like this.

I just recieved a priority 1-Beta order, we are going to have to abandon our current course and head to the StarStation 23, it seems it isn't negotiable. You are in charge of informing your own departments, we will receive further instructions when we get there, and no, I'm not hiding anything, I know as much as I told you.

I just wonder... what the fuck is so important that they would deprive Cephid from these resources, take precious time from a fully manned Swan class ship and be afraid to transmit it over a secure encrypted channel? Any ideas?"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:25:02 pm by Batista »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faden delegates her current work to her subordinates, then heads to the bridge.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait until everyone is present.

"Hey guys, you're not going to like this.

I just recieved a priority 1-Beta order, we are going to have to abandon our current course and head to the StarStation 23, it seems it isn't negotiable. You are in charge of informing your own departments, we will receive further instructions when we get there, and no, I'm not hiding anything, I know as much as I told you.

I just wonder... what the fuck is so important that they would deprive Cephid from these resources, take precious time from a fully manned Swan class ship and be afraid to transmit it over a secure encrypted channel? Any ideas?"

"No idea either. It could be a military matter, but given the fact that this ship is nearing the end of her lifespan and the fact that we aren't anywhere close to the border, it doesn't seem like that would be the reason."

((As far as notifying the departments, the science probably needs to know the least, but everybody would sooner or later notice a course change. Besides, if they had any plans or whatever for on the way, it would be affected greatly.))

After the meeting, send a note department wide that we are changing course due to a top priority message from command itself ((should be a clue that it's big)) and any future plans may be put on hold for the meantime.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:16:01 pm by smjjames »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If it's not military, it must be political, I think."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I  guess that we'll just have to wait and see. The lack of information given is a little worrying but and order is an order."

Obey the order and inform my men of the change.

Then I will accompany Batista and see what I can learn by observing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no value for my Emergency Repair xp. Thanks for the power system values, they should be most useful if we're micromanaging our battles.

I consume the remnants of my late lunch in under a minute, then rush up to the conference room. As the last to arrive, I'll try to look inconspicuous, sitting silently with a slightly concerned look on my face. After the meeting is over, I'll send out a memo to my department that we've changed course for some important secret thing, and that the frequency of drills will be increased.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile

Yep, called it. "To be honest, sir," I begin. "I have no idea...but whatever it is, it has to be big. Uh, do you have any history with that station? If I may ask, of course." I shrug.

Once this meeting's finished, I will immediately head to the cockpit and change our course to StarStation 23. I will then start asking around, try to see what everybody thinks of this sudden change of plans.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:56:36 pm by Nimitz »

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile

Reply to the Navvy command and try to get a bit of information out of them. (Intimidate)

Try to calm down any crew members that might be nervous. (Lie). "Relax man, it's probably just some extra cargo wating to be picked up."

Yep, called it. "To be honest, sir," I begin. "I have no idea...but whatever it is, it has to be big. Uh, do you have any history with that station? If I may ask, of course." I shrug.

"Not really, I've been to Cril some years ago though, it's a planet not far from there, does anyone know if their civil war has ended? Please tell me we were not re-routed so we could babysit a planet."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sxtan makes a soft but rapid clicking sound for a second, his species equivalent of a chuckle (a laugh would be louder and longer) in response to Capt Bastitas comment about babysitting a planet and does guestures* used by his species to indicate what would be a slight smile for a human. "I hope not!"

*Being covered in chitin, I'm sure you guys would have figured out by now that he can't do facial expressions, so his people use guestures to indicate emotion and other subleties of language.

Edit: While the wiki page for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Humanx_Commonwealth_races#Thranx (which is actually what I'm using as a base reference) doesn't say anything about the guestures, if you read the books, it will reference that at various points. Although the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Humanx_Commonwealth_races#AAnn do use what I'm talking about, and is described in more detail.

Here though, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Just wondering, does being a bit known better or worse than just known?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:33:43 pm by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile

I added that to indicate the familiarty the crew feels toward you...something like this:
Not known: Either(or both) you or your crew are total newcomers.
A bit known: Your department is familiar with you, but that familiarty usually doesn't extend beyond the department. Crews from other department might have a deja-vu feeling upon seeing you.
Known: Familiarized throughout the ship, some crew knows your name. Others may not know your name, but knows that you are one of them.
Well Known: Almost all crew know your name, many of them willing to greet you as you pass by.(Typically only captains will achieve this...but there are special cases, like Para's)
This will have a statistical influence on rolls involving interaction with the crew(especially those not from your department).

Beginning to resolve the turn...and preparing more details, this turn will end at the time you reached Starstation 23.
EDIT:To smjjames: That would make Sxtan appear even less emotional than Spock :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 01:26:51 am by NoctisVampire »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How much travel time are we talking here? If we're talking weeks or months, I want to get some Class 1 and Class 2 weapons training in.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27