Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41188 times)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 2, A PEN! A PEN!)
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2010, 05:42:49 am »

Edit2: Nm, saw you were on Noctis and thought you were starting the turn rolls now, so..... yea, ignore this post, heh.
Just seen this...
That's not a problem since I resolve turns according to the action you posted...and roll on fly.
And yes...this game is becoming a sort of crossover between RTD and regular RPG...that's not a problem, right?
EDIT: nevermind that...should have pre-rolled...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:46:47 am by NoctisVampire »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 3, The Eve before Launch)
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2010, 08:51:53 am »

It's not a problem for me. Just don't wear yourself out :)

Wake up, shower, get dressed. Go check for any reports of any problems we might encounter along our route, such as reports of piracy or war or unknown aggressors. Make sure I am done in time to be at my post on the bridge an half hour before we are due to Launch.

After we have launched, prepare to receive orders from Batista and run sensor scans of any and all ships/objects we might need to know anything about.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2010, 08:59:54 am »

Ok...I should be careful about that...that's sheer 4000 words for today :P
2 polls:
1, Should I pre-roll or roll on fly when resolving turns?
2, Your first adventure is almost ready...When should it begin? Turn 5? leave me a couple turns to lay down some framework(like hints)? Or leave to RNG(I will roll a d6 at the beginning of each turn, and the adventure shall begin on either [1] or [6])?

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:08 am »

1) In my own RTD I roll first, that way I can organize things easier, and let characters interact easier.
2) Start it when you want, you're the GM :) But waiting on a d6 roll probably is not a good idea. Turn 4/5 should be good :)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2010, 09:07:42 am »

And yes...this game is becoming a sort of crossover between RTD and regular RPG...that's not a problem, right?

Of course not! :) It's clear that you're putting a lot of work in this RtD. It's a lot more realistic than a lot of the other RtDs I've seen here, which is quite refreshing. The plot is flowing along at a nice pace, and you're doing a great job at writing the interactions between crew members, too. I'm really glad I signed up for this. But remember, don't overwork yourself! ^_^

As for your first question, up to you. I've never hosted an RtD before. :P The second, whenever you want. I'll go with whatever you give me.

It's finally launch day. The past few days we spent preparing for this felt a lot longer than they actually took. But hey, it paid off; from what I've seen, the crew's done an excellent job at optimizing this ship. It isn't perfect, but it's much better off now than it was when we first stepped foot in it. Now, what to do...

Well, first I want to wish everyone good luck, especially the captain. If I manage to catch up to him, I'll salute him and say: "Captain. We're finally taking off today, right? Well, I want you to know that it's an honor serving under your command, and I'll do my absolute best to help you accomplish this mission." I will salute again and smile after saying this. I will leave when I am dismissed. If anyone needs me for something before launch, I'll gladly try to help them out. Otherwise, I will wait at my post until the time comes. Then I will make this baby fly.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:11:18 am by Nimitz »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2010, 09:41:53 am »

As I tend to add a lot of ornamental actions for characterization at least in 1-day turns like this, pre-rolling everything does not seems to be an option...but pre-rolling for player's action is possible. That's something to be chosen, either partial-pre-roll or roll on fly...
Also about the nature of next Adventure:
Flintus10: Story-line based
Nirur Torir: Story-line based
Nimitz: Story-line based
Paranatural: Scenario
smjjames: Story-line based with or without scenarios weaved in
Faden: Story-line based
Batista: Not stated
Your first adventure will be story-line based...which is almost ready and is smoothing up now...expect hints as soon as next turn!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2010, 10:21:26 am »

I was going to say that you missed this: "Also check out any science that has been done onboard this ship in the past. Who knows, maybe theres some interesting stuff in there." but it wouldn't have made any difference since the route we are taking is too well travelled to give any scientific excersize for the equipment or whatever.

Also, I thought given the advanced technology, the ship would get to Cephid 17 III faster than 6 months.

Quote from:  about the synthesizer
]It turned out to be a prank left by the last crew
Figured it was.......

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:33:25 am by smjjames »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2010, 12:21:22 pm »

Do whatever is easiest for you! We don't want you burning yourself out on this, after all.

Flying. There's no experience quite like it, and it had been a long time since Faden had flown. She'd started trimming her wing feathers after they caused her to botch emergency first aid on Ferrus. The patient lived, but lost an arm to infection. Since then, she simply hadn't felt confident enough in her abilities to allow her feathers to grow out.

Wake up, preen, get dressed, get breakfast, and then go to my station to prepare for launch. If there's time before launch, read up on botany. The holodeck gave me a craving for some greenery, and I can probably start an herb garden on the ship at the end of our trip.
After launch, I take a trip to the botanical gardens if I'm not needed at my station.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2010, 04:27:51 pm »

Yea, just do it however it works best for you. Like the others said, we don't want ya getting burned out on this since its going very well.

Not a problem for me either,  I like doing RPGs. :)

@Faden: Ouch, maybe that'll be a goal for this trip?

Wake up, eat breakfast, clean yourself in however fashion his species does it, get dressed. If theres some time before launch, make a department wide announcement for an official departmental meeting after lunch to go over any experiments people plan on doing during the trip (for their thesis or whatever for example), make sure everybody knows the protocols (Sxtan knows them, just need to make sure the cadets know), and any other official business I haven't thought of atm (although don't say that last part).

Then head up to the bridge and report to his station for launch preparation and overseeing anything that he needs to oversee for launch.

Between finishing launch procedures and lunch, check out any notable science stuff the ship has done in its past, then have lunch.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:56:35 pm by smjjames »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2010, 04:38:00 pm »

"Alright, Nirur. This is the big day, don't mess it up. For Frederick." I wake up early, giving myself a few minutes to psych myself up in my quarters before breakfast. After eating I'll head to the bridge, looking for any non-standard modifications to my console before I run pre-launch diagnostics and checks. After we've launched, I'll spend the rest of the day learning the subtle nuances of my engineering console on the bridge while the engineers not needed on station and not sleeping will continue fixing the minor malfunctions.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2010, 05:32:10 pm »

Wake up, shower, and eat breakfast

During breakfast I ask my crew if anyone has heard of my home planet, Reatho, then I proceed to describe it.

"It's like living on a living rock, the planet seems to be alive, tons resarches have been made to determine if it is or isn't a huge living organism orbiting our sun, personally I don't believe that crap. If you ever get to visit it, don't be surprised if the only thing you see is red, orange and yellow, our oil equivalent is actually red, we call it "The bloody juice", some religious fanatics say it is the blood of the planet."

In the morning I summon my senior officers for a protocol flash meeting to know if there is any huge last minute issue preventing us from launching.

"This might seem a little overzealous, but I have to stick with the protocol, and it's always better to safe than sorry, do I have a green light from you to stick with the lauching schedule?"
If yes
"Okay then, you are dismissed."
((If no, I will choose my course of action later in another post))

After that, It's launch time, I will stay in my chair, making sure Nimitz and Nirur Torir aren't disturbed during the process

I lunch, while doing so I try to get different departments to socialize with eachother, trying to reduce the tension created by the launch. ("Hey Bill, did Sarah from security tell you about her crazy step-mother? No? Just ask her man, it's hilarious.")

In the afternoon I will challenge some of the Security staff (even the Flintus if he wants), to a laserquest battle on the holodeck, I need firearms training afterall, and the crew needs something else to think about.

I will eat dinner, trying to calm down any nervous crewmembers . ("So guys, we're on our own now, are you nervous? No reason to it, my biggest fear is from boredom.")
Then go to bed

Edit: Replying to Nimitz, this conversation takes place before launch

"Captain. We're finally taking off today, right? Well, I want you to know that it's an honor serving under your command, and I'll do my absolute best to help you accomplish this mission."

I'm sure you will Nimitz, say, I'm organizing a little laserquest game in the afternoon, do you want to tag along?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:10:39 pm by Batista »

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2010, 06:51:21 pm »

I raise a brow, obviously not expecting such an offer.
"...Huh. Never thought you'd be the fraternizing type." I smile. "How could I refuse, sir? Promise you won't pull rank on me if I win." I say jokingly.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:55:55 pm by Nimitz »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2010, 08:24:17 pm »

Good to know that :D
Ready to go after Flintus posted his action...I don't want to put anyone on AI for this special occasion :)
EDIT: Flintus' stat seems to suggest otherwise, to keep it on pace, Flintus is on AI for this turn, unless he posts his action before turn 4 finishes...
EDIT2: Flintus(AI): Do my duty, stay on station, participate in captain's exercise.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:23:23 pm by NoctisVampire »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 3, Flintus on AI)
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2010, 03:49:42 am »

I have to admit...a bit bland and burnt out for today...
Also we have got our first holodeck casualty this turn.
Turn 4
-----------
  2421.7.1 2100 hours (Night of the launching day)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus(AI, 1 turn) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sxtan(smjjames) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)
Also this turn ends at night...will try travel turn at next turn, just post actions that you want to do at that time...
And Batista: maybe choose your first officer at next turn?

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 3, Flintus on AI)
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2010, 03:50:28 am »

Character sheet:

Command:Batista
Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Medical:Faden
Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Operations/Engineering:Nirur Torir
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Science:Sxtan(smjjames)
Spoiler: Sxtan (click to show/hide)

Operations/Security:Flintus
Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Operations/NavigationNimitz
Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Operations/Tactical:Para(Paranatural)
Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc Facts (click to show/hide)
Look out for errors...a bit burnt out...
EDIT1: Forgot to add some EXP points
EDIT2: Forgot some weapon mount on map
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:52:23 am by NoctisVampire »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27