Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41192 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 2, A PEN! A PEN!)
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2010, 09:25:18 am »

That was pretty awesome. Was everyone skeptical that I was telling the truth, though? All the statuses say so.

Feeling pretty good about himself, Para starts off his day by going to check out the Holodeck. He'd like to take the Swiftwing out on a mission against a couple of bandit battle cruisers and see how well he performs at his station.

After a round of that it'd be off the ship to do some last minute shopping. Movies(Holovids? I don't know what is in existence), books on nature and survival, cooking, a few other things. Oh, also, alcohol. (I don't know if alcohol is allowed on board. If it is I'll get enough to last me through the length of the trip. If not I'll get less and try and smuggle it aboard. (Hello court marshall!). If I'm caught smuggling it I'll lie and say that I was given special clearance to have it by higher command.)

After all that I go ahead and spend the evening reading magazines (r their equivelents) about spaceships (Kinda like http://www.magazinesbymail.com.au/details/48  but for spaceships.

The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2010, 09:31:32 am »

I'm liking this RtD more and more with every turn. :D

Welp, it's getting close to launch day. I just hope this bucket of bolts is fixed by that time. Man, Para was a hoot yesterday. I look forward to working with him, even if he was lying. In any case, I decide to look for our Chief Engineer, Nirur. If I find him, I will ask him about the Swiftwing's strengths and weaknesses so I can capitalize on the former while avoiding the latter as much as possible. Hopefully, he isn't too busy. Afterwards, I doubt I'll have much to do unless the captain says otherwise, so I'll head up to the holodeck to run a training simulation. I will mostly try to work on emergency maneuvers. I was never the best at pulling those off. When that's finished, I'll just relax. Maybe I'll actually get a chance to talk to more of the crew today, too.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:33:09 am by Nimitz »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2010, 09:36:20 am »

After a round of that it'd be off the ship to do some last minute shopping. Movies(Holovids? I don't know what is in existence), books on nature and survival, cooking, a few other things. Oh, also, alcohol. (I don't know if alcohol is allowed on board. If it is I'll get enough to last me through the length of the trip. If not I'll get less and try and smuggle it aboard. (Hello court marshall!). If I'm caught smuggling it I'll lie and say that I was given special clearance to have it by higher command.)
I may quite possibly be spending much of the trip tinkering with the synthesizers, trying to get "perfect" synth alcohol.

{6+3}, {1} - Everything coming out of one of the synthesizers is now alcoholic. 1/4 of the crew gets blind-drink during breakfast. The remaining 3/4s of the crew get drunk during a suspiciously early brunch. A pair of Zerkalian frigates appear on sensors.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2010, 09:44:56 am »

I may quite possibly be spending much of the trip tinkering with the synthesizers, trying to get "perfect" synth alcohol.

{6+3}, {1} - Everything coming out of one of the synthesizers is now alcoholic. 1/4 of the crew gets blind-drink during breakfast. The remaining 3/4s of the crew get drunk during a suspiciously early brunch. A pair of Zerkalian frigates appear on sensors.

I don't see the problem.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:05 am »

I don't see the problem.
I wonder how I tolerate alcohol... {2} Not well at all! D:

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2010, 09:48:02 am »

Wake up, Eat breakfast

In the morning I will reunite with my Operations head-staff as well as my Science and Medical Chiefs

"Before we take off, I'd like to talk to you about this ship, it ain't the shiniest thing as you might have noticed already, however we will be able to make up for this flaw by being an excelent crew, I will cut this short as I am sure you have work to do. My name is Batista, but I think you already know that, I will be your Capitain for the current mission, its just a small delivery to Cephid 1 7 III, so I guess our ancient weaponry sistem won't be a huge disadvantage, I need a list of all the little flaws this vessel has, as detailed as possible, hull and engine damage, any allergies the crew might have, bugs in the computer system, any pranks the last crew might have left, damaged equipment, shortage on any supplies. It's better if we find them while we can still ask for stuff to the guys down there. We will reunite again tomorrow at the same time, to decide the best course of action. Drugs and alcohol are allowed if they don't leave your qaurters. And if you show up drunk or high to a meeting, you will be severely punished, same thing applies to your departments, I will make an announcement later on this. If you have any questions you're free to ask them, otherwise you're dismissed."

I will spend the rest of the day exploring the rest of the ship, eating lunch motivating the crew and putting to work any slackers I find, I will also speak to Nirur Torir to get a better understanding of the ships weaknesses.

I speak in the ship's "sound system"
- "Hey guys, your capitain here, just informing that we will probably be departing tomorrow, we are going to deliver suplies to Cephid 1 7 III, nothing out of the ordinary, alcohol and drinks are allowed as long as it is on your free time, not in public and doesn't intrefere with your duty. Any questions, just ask. See you around."

I will try to project the "I'm-a-friendly-Capitain-but-if-you-step-on-the-line-you're-screwed" personality to my crew.

((As you might have noticed, English isn't my mother language either, which is why I made my char not human.))
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:23:08 pm by Batista »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2010, 10:13:07 am »

Good to know that we are all having fun on this :D
Expect another turn at about the same time tomorrow...also your first adventure is still in preparation, will be ready when time comes.
My bit of idea:
All personal must be sober and competent while on duty, Alcohol is allowed, Drunkening up and making trouble is not. Also Navy command will take a dim view on any of it's ship if there's drug abuse aboard.(Faden's occurance can be considered as a medical accident in bad mental condition with wrong dosage setting on hypospray that would have been very bad if she rolled a [1] on damage avoidance roll...at least would be a jump-start crew meeting on a biobed in Medibay for her...)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
rtd
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2010, 10:26:06 am »

any allergies the crew might have

Wouldn't that be best handled by medical? Not to mention there could be various biological incompatibilities and reactions with the different alien biochemistries, mainly having to do with ingested substances unless we've got some really exotic aliens onboard.

Get up, eat breakfast, then meet with the Captain for morning briefing.

After that, prepare a report of any flaws and issues with the science labs (including the fact that the equipment is over 50 years old) and send that off to the captain. Then check the mission log for the route to Cephid 17 III and see if theres anything interesting on the way or in the Cephid 17 system that we could run our science sensors/equipment on.

Relax the rest of the day I guess? Also check out any science that has been done onboard this ship in the past. Who knows, maybe theres some interesting stuff in there.

EDIT!: Decided to  change some stuff
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:14:49 pm by smjjames »

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2010, 02:31:08 pm »

Wouldn't that be best handled by medical? Not to mention there could be various biological incompatibilities and reactions with the different alien biochemistries, mainly having to do with ingested substances unless we've got some really exotic aliens onboard.

It will be handled by the medical staff. I will make my decisions based on the info I get AND the advice given by the head staff.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2010, 04:23:37 pm »

Wake up, Eat breakfast

In the morning I will reunite with my Operations head-staff as well as my Science and Medical Chiefs

"Before we take off, I'd like to talk to you about this ship, it ain't the shiniest thing as you might have noticed already, however we will be able to make up for this flaw by being an excelent crew, I will cut this short as I am sure you have work to do. My name is Batista, but I think you already know that, I will be your Capitain for the current mission, its just a small delivery to Cephid 1 7 III, so I guess our ancient weaponry sistem won't be a huge disadvantage, I need a list of all the little flaws this vessel has, as detailed as possible, hull and engine damage, any allergies the crew might have, bugs in the computer system, any pranks the last crew might have left, damaged equipment, shortage on any supplies. It's better if we find them while we can still ask for stuff to the guys down there. We will reunite again tomorrow at the same time, to decide the best course of action. Drugs and alcohol are allowed if they don't leave your quarters. And if you show up drunk or high to a meeting, you will be severely punished, same thing applies to your departments, I will make an announcement later on this. If you have any questions you're free to ask them, otherwise you're dismissed."

I will spend the rest of the day exploring the rest of the ship, eating lunch motivating the crew and putting to work any slackers I find, I will also speak to Nirur Torir to get a better understanding of the ships weaknesses.

I speak in the ship's Intercom
- "Hey guys, your capitain here, just informing that we will probably be departing tomorrow, we are going to deliver suplies to Cephid 1 7 III, nothing out of the ordinary, alcohol and drinks are allowed as long as it is on your free time, not in public and doesn't intrefere with your duty. Any questions, just ask. See you around."

I will try to project the "I'm-a-friendly-Capitain-but-if-you-step-on-the-line-you're-screwed" personality to my crew.

((As you might have noticed, English isn't my mother language either, which is why I made my char not human.))

Shit, double post, anyways I fixed some typos

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2010, 07:46:37 pm »

Noctis, if you've started doing the rolls already, I just wanted to let you know that I changed a bit of my actions since launch prep should be the next turn, not this one.

Edit: Nm, launch is the next turn, but eh, engineering should be able to handle making sure supplies and whatnot are secured.

Edit2: Nm, saw you were on Noctis and thought you were starting the turn rolls now, so..... yea, ignore this post, heh.

Edit3: Oh yea, will I be stationed on the bridge during launch(or rather, undocking and powering up the engines to leave, I think just saying launch is better)? I know in star trek and other stuff (mostly star trek) the navigation, sensor, and tactical/security are stationed on the bridge generally, so I'm just wondering how that would be set up or just do what makes sense to us?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:07:16 pm by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2010, 09:05:15 pm »

No problem, just begun the roll, and replaced your action without trouble...
Maybe a bit of addendium now:
Duty station:
Captain: Ready room or Captain's chair, Bridge
Science Officer: Science Console, Bridge or Science Lab or Botanic Garden
Chief Engineer: Engineering Console, Bridge or Main Engineering
Head of Security: Security Console, Bridge or Security
First Helmsman: Navigation/Helm Console, Bridge or Astromatic
First Tactical Officer: Tactical Console, Bridge
Chief Medical Officer: Medibay
EDIT: Everyone on the bridge for special occasions ;)
EDIT2: Turn may come a bit later as there's a lot of background material to prepare as required...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:38:54 pm by NoctisVampire »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2010, 10:30:42 pm »

Dude with as much as you write I don't think anyone is gonna complain about how long it takes to get a turn up, I just hope you do not burn out as these turns are fun.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2010, 03:50:49 am »

First attempt on intergrating everyone's action into one piece (to make it easier for interaction and reduce workload)..does not turn out as enjoyable it seems...and didn't reduce too much work and rendered it almost unreadable...changing back next turn.
Warning: HUGE block of text
Turn 3
-----------
  2421.7.1 0600 hours(1 hours earlier than normal for it's going to be a special day :) )

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn Itself (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

Arrrgh...took a long time and generally messed up...Look out for errors!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:55:10 am by NoctisVampire »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2010, 03:53:45 am »

Character sheet:

Command:Batista
Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Medical:Faden
Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Operations/Engineering:Nirur Torir
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Science:Sxtan(smjjames)
Spoiler: Sxtan (click to show/hide)

Operations/Security:Flintus
Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Operations/NavigationNimitz
Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Operations/Tactical:Para(Paranatural)
Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc Facts (click to show/hide)

Again...Look out for errors...
Notepad seems to be bugged...
EDIT: Updated Para's inventory
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:50:00 am by NoctisVampire »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27