Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41157 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

watching for great justice.

PUT ME ON WAITING LEEST
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like my rolls. I'll pick Structural Repairs as my other profession skill.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile

Name: Batista
Race: Hundgaar (Humanoid, slightly stronger)
Sex: Male
Rank:[3]Commander[You don't have to hold captain's rank to be captain, depending your action you may get promoted soon.]
Appearance: Average Height, Fit, Red hair and eyes
Profession: Command
Assignment: Commanding Officer, CNS-15322 Swiftwing
Special Ability/Adventage: Natural leader ( +1 when interacting with his crew)
Disadventage: Mourner (Penalty for some turns when teamates perish, length and severity depending on situation)
Skills:
[5]+1 Great Crew Commander
[5]Good Firearms user (Normal(+1) for small arm, no bonus when using Class-3 HEPPC rifle)
Fast learner (bonus when training)[I believe these two are considered as adventages? Choose again.]
Fast thinker (+1 when under pressure)[I can change this to Pressure Management that will decrease or negate effect of pressure]
[6]Very good Strategist (Pre-planning gives bonus depending on situation)
[3]Average Diplomat[No +1 on roll if you decide to take this as social skill]
[4]Above-Average Intimidator
Background: Classified. Clearance level X7 required. Some people say that he was given his first command after playing a key role in winning the last war.
Inventory:
Standard Command Uniform(worn, with a commander's rank insignia on the shoulder)
Access E-Pad(May work as all normal consoles aboard as long as you got the security clearance, statistical disadventage to -1 on usage beyond information access)
Combadge(worn on uniform)
Confederated Technology RX3 HEPPC pistol(Class 2)(worn, on belt in a holster)
--Energy cell(60 charges)
Space Ink pen(in lower right pocket, uniform)
Position: Deck 2 aft, Captain's Quarter, CNS-15322 Swiftwing

I replace Fast learner with Diplomacy, if I may, and yes, change it to pressure management, I also take Lying as my other social skill.

(Pep talk will be ready when you need it, I need to leave now though.)

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile

I say we need more aliens! But ah well, at least the captain is alien.

Well, it's half humans, half aliens, so that's okay. :P

Also, uh, do I have too many skills?

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless one of those is a command skill, I think you might.  :-\

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile

Actually, looking at the addendum, I don't think I do. That being said, I'm modifying my skill list. Also, I just remembered that the GM decides what rank my character receives, so I just edited my profile into saying he got his officer's commission. That's general enough.

Skills

[Professions]
Starship Maneuvering
Hyper-light Flight
Stellar Cartography
Emergency Maneuvers
Small Arms (Hey, you never know)

[Social]
Conversation
Charming

[Command]
Morale Management
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:40:17 am by Nimitz »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile

Reviewed and completed character sheet processing...(waiting for paranatural's)
Without his character sheet we are not getting anywhere anytime soon....anothor day and I will have to start without him, and make the first mission some sort of shakedown cruise of this game.

Supplemental:
Line officer rank guide:
1.Ensign
2.Lieutenant Junior Grade
3.Lieutenant
4.Lieutenant Commander
5.Commander
6.Captain
7.Commodore

Rule modification: Captain may pick his first officer, but is suggested to take the one with best command skill, as he/she will do your work when you are not available.

Command:Batista
Choose your first officer!
Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Medical:Faden
Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Operations/Engineering:Nirur Torir
Still...these skill might come in handy in no time(hint hint)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Science:smjjames
Spoiler: smjjames (click to show/hide)

Operations/Security:Flintus
Hmm...Entering and learning at the Navy academy only needs a clean record and a high score in the entrence exam...this is not the Empire, the Confederation does not work that way...but whatever.
Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Operations/NavigationNimitz
Good characterization man, also pretty lucky :)
Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Still waiting for Paranatural's information...

Ship information is coming within next day, be patient!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:27:24 pm by NoctisVampire »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry working on it. Got a sick gf here who whines constantly the second I get on the computer.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll pick Structural Repairs as my other profession skill.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll pick Structural Repairs as my other profession skill.
Oops...missed that sorry...updating

Next update will come some hours later...already around 1AM here :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:23:34 pm by NoctisVampire »

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile

That bright yellow text is really hard to see and hurts my eyes. >_O

Also, yay, I'm lucky...except I suck at emergency maneuvers and conversation. Huh. Never attended the academy, either. Sounds like I wouldn't have gotten this assignment if I wasn't so damn good at flying. :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:25:36 pm by Nimitz »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oof, I think I might have handicapped my character a bit much with the temperature, but I guess onboard ship, he would have it recharged automatically, so it shouldn't be a problem unless he goes on an away team to a colder world or the pack malfunctions.

Also, he actually can survive below zero temperatures, he would just be in a hibernating state until he got warmed up.

Edit: Can I have a reroll on the xenobiology one? I wasn't expecting a high roll for departmental command since he would be new to it anyway.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:29:39 pm by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That bright yellow text is really hard to see and hurts my eyes. >_O

Also, yay, I'm lucky...except I suck at emergency maneuvers and conversation. Huh. Never attended the academy, either. Sounds like I wouldn't have gotten this assignment if I wasn't so damn good at flying. :P
Ok thanks for your suggestion...and done.

Oof, I think I might have handicapped my character a bit much with the temperature, but I guess onboard ship, he would have it recharged automatically, so it shouldn't be a problem unless he goes on an away team to a colder world or the pack malfunctions.

Also, he actually can survive below zero temperatures, he would just be in a hibernating state until he got warmed up.
Understood and marked down...really have to go to bed now...

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Para

Race: Human

Appearance: Tall, with a goatee and broad shoulders, green eyes. Fast with his hands. Dark hair.

Special ability: Works well under pressure (I.E. Combat and other High-Stress Scenarios)

Disadvantage: Arrogant

Skills:
Targeting
Command
Tactical Planning
Sensor Use
Knowledge of Spacecraft Design (Like, I'm familiar with lots of different crafts and what they can and can't do and stuff)
Liar
Comedian

Background: As a young boy he was always interested in spaceships, the way some kids are with other vehicles. He started taking classes as soon as he was able to learn to fly a spacecraft, and started his training in earnest. He really prefers to pilot smaller craft, but is used to taking charge of situations, so finds himself on his post on this ship.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just saw the natural toughness (the exoskeleton or the chitinous covering) and the all terrain. I had thought about the all terrain bonus (given the stability with four walking legs), but didn't put it down. I think that is cool :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:48:04 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27