Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41162 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 1, Pre-Launch)
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2010, 09:12:26 am »

That Arrogance disadvantage is gonna be a bigger one than I thought. I hope the advantage I took is worth it :)

And, damn good thing I got 6's on my social skills.

Para grumbles to himself about his lack of sleep, and resolves to get a sleep Aid from Faden. He drinks an energy drink in the morning to try and wake up (He doesn't drink coffee.) Because the entire ship has been retrofitted several times he decided today would be a good day to thoroughly analyze all the weapon and defense systems of the ship, looking for any issues that it might have, and any secret things that the crews in the past may have done. Extra compartments with hidden items or modifications to the equipment. At some point in the day he'll have lunch with his fellow tacticians regale them with stories of what a great battle hero his father was (Lies). Then he'll go see Faden and talk to her about getting in an exercise program, and about some sleep aids. After that he'll go see Nirur Torir because should they ever enter battle, it is a good thing for the Engineering and Tactical people to have good communication.

Sounds like a full day to me.

P.S. You have to do an impressive amount of work on each of these turns.
P.P.S. I'd prefer a scenario from RPG books
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2010, 09:26:14 am »

[3]you went to sleep just after you adjusted the setting on the environmental control and removed the suit battery for charging, without unpacking.
Understandable given the long day, but otherwise I had a bunch of really good rolls here. I'll also assume I got up on time.

Obviously get myself ready for the day, perhaps unpack some stuff, then head to the mess hall for breakfast. Afterwards, review the full capabilities of the science labs, then after lunch, prepare for the staff meeting that afternoon.

Storyline based adventure sounds best for this RTD game.

Maybe a combination of storyline based adventure and scenarios from RPG books?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:28:34 am by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 10:19:04 am »

Storyline based adventure sounds best for this RTD game.

Maybe a combination of storyline based adventure and scenarios from RPG books?
It's going to be a bit challenging to handle any of these by themselves, let alone two at the same time...anyway I will try if this is the choice.

P.S. You have to do an impressive amount of work on each of these turns.
It have taken greater part of this day to process this turn, should be faster and easier when everything is up and running.
Also given me some much needed practise with writing in English...it's quite helpful :D
EDIT: Preparing for your story-line based adventures(since it's most likely be chosen), and waiting for Batista and Faden.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:03:52 am by NoctisVampire »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2010, 11:13:33 am »

(Story line! Also, what an amazing turn, great work!)

I'll go introduce myself to the medical crew, and assess the condition of the facilities! If there's time, I'll go over the files of all the personnel on board to see if there are any sentients with special conditions that I'll need to take into account when planning fitness routines, ordering medical supplies, ect.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2010, 12:09:59 pm »

(Story line! Also, what an amazing turn, great work!)

I'll go introduce myself to the medical crew, and assess the condition of the facilities! If there's time, I'll go over the files of all the personnel on board to see if there are any sentients with special conditions that I'll need to take into account when planning fitness routines, ordering medical supplies, ect.

Thanks! :)
Only batista's action pending...1AM here, expect next turn in a day...

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 1, Waiting for Captain)
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2010, 08:23:36 pm »

Waiting for Batista for 24 hours...
EDIT: After checking Batista's stat, I found out he is unlikely to post anytime soon...
so Batista is now on basic AI per rule, if he didn't post before Turn 2 finishes.
EDIT2: Batista(AI): Stay in the ready room, check around the ship's service record for possible point of interest and wait for other department head's report, then assemble a meeting of commanding crew(Actually assistant, secretary and yeoman), and familiarize with each other.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:50:27 pm by NoctisVampire »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 1, Captain on AI)
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 02:28:08 am »

Changed RNG from wizards.com to random.org
Turn 2
-----------
  2421.6.30 7:00AM

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Batista(AI, 1 turn) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sxtan (click to show/hide)

Man you've got some truly epic rolls here...3 epic overshoots in a row, 2 in your social skills, and stacked with epic-enhancing(or worsening) effect :O
This is FUN :D
Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)
EDIT: enhanced Paranatural's end-turn reward...4 6's in a row, It's hard to believe that...
EDIT2: forgotten one of Batista(AI)'s action...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:28:04 am by NoctisVampire »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 1, Captain on AI)
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 02:28:52 am »

Character sheet:

Command:Batista
Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Medical:Faden
Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Operations/Engineering:Nirur Torir
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Science:Sxtan(smjjames)
Spoiler: Sxtan (click to show/hide)

Operations/Security:Flintus
Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Operations/NavigationNimitz
Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Operations/Tactical:Para(Paranatural)
Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

Look out for errors...
EDIT1: Updated Crew Status.
EDIT2: edited as per EDIT1 in turn above.
EDIT3: added "Notable Accomplishment" into the sheet
EDIT4: Updated per EDIT2 in turn above.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:28:31 am by NoctisVampire »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 2, A PEN! A PEN!)
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 03:59:25 am »

Quote from: Flintus roll actions
[4]That's not too bad a sleep, You dreamt about Sxtan's mandibles.

Wut? O.o

Anyways, at least that malfunctioning food synthesizer won't be giving anybody a hard time anymore. I'm not sure what I would be doing this turn, which is the launch right?

Maybe I'll post it when I've actually had some sleep....

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 04:01:33 am »

smjjames: He's hot for alien mandibles.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2010, 04:05:00 am »

Quote from: Flintus roll actions
[4]That's not too bad a sleep, You dreamt about Sxtan's mandibles.

Wut? O.o

Anyways, at least that malfunctioning food synthesizer won't be giving anybody a hard time anymore. I'm not sure what I would be doing this turn, which is the launch right?

Maybe I'll post it when I've actually had some sleep....
Launch is at the beginning of turn 4, which will began 2 hours before launch.
Also I referenced that for his overshoot on recognization roll, for a bit of connection :P
EDIT: All player's action in this turn's noon to night has all essentially autofailed beside Para's...so there is still something to do.  Epic Overshoot/Fail/Success for Epic effect :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:29:00 am by NoctisVampire »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 07:15:32 am »

Lots of text, I hope you can avoid getting burned out.

After putting my uniform on, I'll send out a crew-wide message that the mess-hall will be closed from 0900 until the hull damage is repaired, and that anybody who wants to eat must do so before then. I'll then head down to the mess hall for breakfast. I'll chat a bit with the other officers, then get some of my early-riser engineers who have finished eating to begin laying out warning barricades. When I'm finished with my meal, I'll start planning out the hull repairs.

At 0855, I'll start evacuating the areas that need to be sealed off. I'll then have my team repair the hull. After that's been repaired I'll double-check the reactors for damage, making sure they are ready to go. After submitting the requested report to the captain, I'll repair the broken synthesizer myself and mingle with other officers while my team continues with the minor repairs.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:49:28 am by Nirur Torir »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2010, 07:32:15 am »

I'll get up and dressed before doing some excercise and grabbing some food before 0900. After that I'll get an inverntory on the current loadout of the security team and see if the munitions have been loaded into the ship yet.

I will then spend the late afternoon going through my expectations of the security team before allowing them to spend the last night before take off how they wish while I relax on the officers deck. 

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:50:46 am by Flintus10 »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2010, 07:45:22 am »

I wake up, preen, then go grab breakfast before 900. After that, I check the functionality of the synthesizer and start reading up on effective fitness routines for humanoids. I'll have my team practice first aid if they aren't busy. In the late afternoon, I relax on the holodeck.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2010, 09:03:15 am »

Sorry about that mates, ISP problems. posting my turn right now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27