Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41153 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 0, The Saga Begins)
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 08:32:49 am »

Hmm, okay then! I will play poker with the crew of another department for cash! It never hurts to have more money, but I don't want to alienate my own crew by taking them to the cleaners!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 08:48:59 am »

Don't take off just yet guys, I haven't even made it on board!

I'll chat with others on the transport ship and talk about the abilities and features of the Yeti Class transport I am on, and the Swan class light cruiser to anyone who will listen to me. If no one will listen, then I'll play my simulator thing for a while.

When I get to the ship I'll keep my head down at first and report to my Superior Officer and meet the rest of the tactical people, and try and get on their good side with jokes and the like.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 09:05:26 am »

Hmm, okay then! I will play poker with the crew of another department for cash! It never hurts to have more money, but I don't want to alienate my own crew by taking them to the cleaners!
Oops...looks like I jumped page on the sourcebook I referenced this skill from...this skill is actually used only for persuation(by screwing the target's thought up with various obscure phrases, fast idea-stuffing and looped logic.).
That's my error, you can still keep this action and I will roll using that as Gaming for once...really sorry for that...

Now waiting for your Captain and Science Officer! Expect Turn 1 in 18 hours if they post :)

EDIT: To smjjames: I gave you those special/adventage for the nature of the disadventage you have choosed and good characterizations.
And for choosing between rerolled and original character sheet...you can't do that, you will have to use rerolled character sheet if you reroll.

EDIT2: I rolled a [1] on my intellect roll on who haven't posted their action yet. :-[
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:50:16 pm by NoctisVampire »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 09:25:21 am »

Now waiting for your Captain and Chief Engineer! Expect Turn 1 in 18 hours if they post :)
???
All future action posts by me in this thread will be more distinctive.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 09:33:25 am »

Now waiting for your Captain and Chief Engineer! Expect Turn 1 in 18 hours if they post :)
???
All future action posts by me in this thread will be more distinctive.
OH my...
Sorry for that...Will take care later.

EDIT: Really sorry for that, mistaken smjjames as chief engineer, but no need for distinctiveness, Thanks. :-[
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:45:12 am by NoctisVampire »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 10:32:58 am »

EDIT: To smjjames: I gave you those special/adventage for the nature of the disadventage you have choosed and good characterizations.
And for choosing between rerolled and original character sheet...you can't do that, you will have to use rerolled character sheet if you reroll.

I'll keep the origional, my only complaint is the xenobiology one and I wasn't expecting a high roll on the departmental command since he is relatively green anyways.

Having arrived on Geneva, Earth, Sxtan ((trying to make an alien sounding name for my character, shouldn't be too hard to remember its me since it also starts with S)) barely had time to take in the sights before got his assignment and was off again for the starbase that the old Swiftwing was docked at.

After hearing of his new assignment, he wasn't too excited about the old facilities, but is confident that his experience with field instrument repair will be of good use here.

Adter being told that it was an order by some random admiral, he collected himself since being in a bad mood will give a bad impression on the crew.

Upon arrival, still feeling a bit angry about the assignment but seeing that others share similar feelings, relaxes a bit, he goes to introduce himself among the crewmembers, especially his fellow officers and those who will be reporting to him as the departmental command.

Lieutenant Junior Grade smjjames is angry.
  He has been expecting to be assigned to a science ship, in which he can work with top-of-the-line equipment with his best ability.
  But NOW, he is assigned to an old hulk drifting in space, hardly have any science facility still useful for cutting-edge researching.
  "It's an order, Lieutenant." a random admiral he didn't remember said to him yesterday on comm.
  "Anyway at least I got a department head position now." He mumbled to himself as he left the ship, and stepped onboard Earth Commercial Station #5.

I think you pretty much read my mind there, lol :) I wouldn't be very happy with being assigned to an old space hulk either.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:42:38 am by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 12:32:09 pm »

Doing stat update as asked, also waiting for our Captain.
It looks like sleep deprivation is finally getting on me...have made a series of 3 errors today. ::)
smjjames: Update to character name completed as requested, also replaced my initial setup with yours since it's better, post your action if you can.
Included another rule to smooth up the effect of a crippled skill a bit for everyone.
Rule Addendum 1.1:
Skill Synergy is now in, which means you can have another closely-related skill to do another roll, which, when succeeds, may give the main roll a statistical adventage, or up to +1 depending on actual roll and situation. BUT may also give a disadventage on fail, up to -1.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 12:45:26 pm »

Not sure if I have two actions available or one, so....

Check out the science labs, see whats available and perhaps spot any repairs or upgrades that are possible. Then meet with the science crew to introduce myself and to get to know everybody, gotta make it clear that I'm not going to be a slavedriver or anything like that and I'm just as green as they are.

After all that, head to the officers lounge.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:25:57 pm by smjjames »

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 01:53:08 pm »

"Stupid machine, this fucking carcass is falling apart, this bloddy vessel should be in a museum right now, not flying around at the speed of light."

I clean my uniform in the nearest bathroom, while I reprimand myself for speaking alone.

"Okay, just calm down, everything is fine, I'll report the malfunction to my staff when they get here, why are they taking so long anyway? I just want to hurry up and get this assignment done and hope to get assigned to a better ship."

I write a mental note to stop talking to myself.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2010, 03:19:51 am »

Using 3 full-day turn pre-launch as the poll result suggests:
Faden: 1 day
Nirur Torir: 3 days
Nimitz: 1 day
Flintus10: Not stated, action both applicable to 1 day and 3 day.
Paranatural: Same as Flintus
smjjames: Not stated, but with only 1-day turn applicable action
Batista: Same as smjjames

Turn 1
-----------
  2421.6.29 7:00AM

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sxtan (click to show/hide)

Tested skill synergy rule with your roll, turned out not bad, fully-implementing next turn if no one objects(Yes you can choose which skill to use for synergy).
Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)

Temporary used Fast talk skill as Gaming skill for GM's error....and I can't intergrate economic rules yet(Nothing adaptable and balanced have been found yet)
Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

Looks like I crammed too much thing in 1 turn...
EDIT1:Fixed some perspective odditys...
EDIT2:Updated time to display the starting time of next turn
EDIT3:Really messed up perspectives in this turn...*sigh*
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:07:57 am by NoctisVampire »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2010, 03:21:07 am »

Character sheet:

Command:Batista
Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Medical:Faden
Spoiler: Faden (click to show/hide)

Operations/Engineering:Nirur Torir
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Science:Sxtan(smjjames)
Spoiler: Sxtan (click to show/hide)

Operations/Security:Flintus
Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Operations/NavigationNimitz
Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)

Operations/Tactical:Para(Paranatural)
Spoiler: Para (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

Look out for errors...too much things have happened.
EDIT1: added Nirur's health condition
EDIT2: updated Sxtan's battery status
EDIT3: grammar and wording correction.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:11:32 am by NoctisVampire »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 1, Pre-Launch)
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2010, 03:49:17 am »

And yet another small poll :D
About your first adventure:
Do you want roughly story-line based adventure based on some of the novels I liked and some actual TV episode, which are very good and well prepared...Already have a couple planned out.
Or scenarios implemented from other RPG sourcebooks adapted to use,
Or just let RNG decide your adventure?

EDIT: Don't forget each turn is 1 day now, post enough and not too much actions if you may :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:07:44 am by NoctisVampire »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2010, 03:59:31 am »

"Son of a bitch." Flint let out his frustration after falling out of his bed and onto the floor. Slowly rising to his feet he remembered the first meeting with his staff going well. 'A fine body of men if not a little green...Ah hell I still have to meet the captain.' Flint prepared to clean himself up and go and meet the rest of the officers. If things went well now then the rest of the journey would be that much simpler.

Clean myself up and meet the rest of the staff.

Edit: I'd much prefer the story-line based adventures.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2010, 05:35:16 am »

I'll study the ship's blueprints over breakfast. I'll then get my crew to work on repairs: First, I want to repair the hull on deck 4 while we're still docked. I'll send somebody out to fix the synthesizer during the hull repairs, and get the crew to work on the other repairs if there is time. I'll personally supervise and help the hull repairs.

Let's go with a story-line adventure.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2010, 08:25:29 am »

Well, my first day could've gone better, but it was a start. I still need to become familiar with the command crew, but that'll happen in due time; most of them are probably busy as hell, anyway. However, maybe I can talk to Faden later. I recognized her yesterday because I had just read her dossier when I was on my way to the Swiftwing. I'd never properly met a Denedani in person before, so this excites me a bit, but for now, even though I'm not going to be flying this thing for another day or so, I should take time to become familiar with its systems.

First, I change out of my casual clothing and put on my uniform. I should've been wearing it when I stepped onto the Swiftwing, but I was already short on time. After that, I will report to the captain and tell him what I plan on doing. If he's alright with it, I'll head up to the cockpit and familiarize myself with the controls. If I have enough time afterwards, I'll try to find Faden and have a friendly chat with her.

Edit: Also, storyline, please. :3
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:03:00 am by Nimitz »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27