Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41201 times)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: CNS-15322 Swiftwing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc Facts (click to show/hide)

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NPC Sheet:

Spoiler: Crown Princess, Cila (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Royal Cook, Mossay (click to show/hide)

Yet another late-night production and a bit rushed at last...Check for mistakes!
Sector map will come at next turn!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 10, Decision Point)
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2010, 12:28:33 pm »

Woot!
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2010, 05:44:19 pm »

I'm surprised no one's posted so far. I'll post soon. Are we really departing now?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2010, 05:47:47 pm »

((You know, the location of the mountains where our avian contact lives would be useful in my decision. Also, I thought he would have put away his two swords, but I guess he just didn't have time.))

After a moment in thought, Sxtan replied, "Given that we know the contact is in the mountains of the planet, the terrain won't be of any hindrance to me, and I've been in cold environments before, so know how to deal with it. I just hope its not in the dead of winter or the temp is anywhere near 40 degrees fahrenheight." After saying 40 degrees, he made an internal shudder at the thought of being in such harsh low temps.

"I'm open to any other ideas here."

I'm surprised no one's posted so far. I'll post soon. Are we really departing now?

Not sure really.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:55:10 pm by smjjames »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2010, 07:22:32 pm »

The choice is to whether travel to Sigma 756 onboard Swiftwing herself, or play a wild-goose chase with Tyrilians, dropping the shuttle and the retrieval team somewhere within 1 week range of Sigma 756 without being detected, or something else...And this will have a major impact on the flow of the story.
smjjames: That information will be provided next turn, will give a free action on information collection to you.
EDIT: Will be provided ASAP...but may take some time....
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:26:33 pm by NoctisVampire »

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2010, 12:27:05 am »

Oh, gee, way to make things even more complicated than they already are, captain. Then again, it's probably necessary. Still doesn't stop it from being annoying, though. "Roger that, cap'n. I'll fly us there, nice and quiet-like." This was not what I meant when I wished we could get some action. Argh!

Well, I have my orders. I head over to the holo-deck and practice flying a shuttle. I already know how to pilot one, but I need to be at the top of my game for this. I'm feeling a little pent up, so I'll try to find Faden and discuss the mission with her. I consider her to be the nicest out of the whole crew. It's a shame our duties prevent us from interacting most of the time. I'd like to know more about her and her species.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2010, 04:29:38 am »

Supplemental informations:
Turn 10b
-----------
  2421.10.27 2245 hours

Spoiler: Informations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sector Map (click to show/hide)
The sector map is pretty simplistic though...And tell me whether you can see it or not, Photobucket is half-accessable here(Sometimes I can't see my own image on-site, but can upload it there).

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2010, 05:04:10 am »

((I can see it!))

I'm not sure I'm on confident with this plan. It seems so risky, sending the princess down with only three people to guard her. I wish we had a second shuttle. Still, orders are orders.

I need to make sure that the medical crew is prepared to take care of the king while I'm gone, and give them a pep talk while I'm at it. After that, I'll practice using my gun, though hopefully I won't have to use it on this mission...

Some information about the Denedani and their homeworld:
The planet's name is Irir, the sun's name is Losir.
Irir is the second planet from Losir, and there are seven planets in the system total, though there are no gas giants.
Irir has two moons, the larger is called Toie and the smaller is called Eolin. Both have religious followings, but the worship of moon gods entered a steep decline when the Denedani became space-faring. Nevertheless, actually landing on either moon is forbidden world-wide.
The majority of Denedani are polytheistic, and the most popular god is Eki the Dancer, the trickster god.
There are seventy-two factions on Irir, each with their own government. Faden hails from a medium-sized representative monarchy (People get to vote for advisers, but the monarch has the final word) on the southern continent, called Ahierir.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 10b, Decision Point Supplemental)
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2010, 05:38:39 am »

One thing to clarify is that if you decide to use shuttle, the shuttle will be needed to be launched within 1-1.5 weeks distance of Sigma 756 because of the limited range, and there's plenty of time to do other things before that as the Swiftwing need to do some confusing maneuver and get within range first.
And also, logically the shuttle is not the only choice...the original story used the shuttle though.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2010, 06:23:30 am »

(( I can see the picture))

We will follow the shuttle plan.

"Sxtan, do you think you can administrate the medicine to the princess? If you can handle it, you might replace Faden on the shuttle, otherwise it will be Flintus, the princess, Faden and Nimitz going to the planet."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2010, 07:00:22 am »

"I'll be glad to be a part of the shuttle party and I am sure that my crew is being left in capable hands captain."
I will inform my crew of the mission and that I will be away from my command for awhile. Of course the captain will take charge of security untill I return.

Scratch that if it's not too late I will remain on the ship and support the first option
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:30:42 am by Flintus10 »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2010, 07:24:43 am »

Be sure to leave someone with relatively good combat capability back aboard the ship!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Poll: So who will be in the shuttle when it's launched a couple weeks later?
1. Cila, Nimitz, Faden, Sxtan. (Combat capable both at range(Nimitz, and to a lesser degree, Faden) and melee(Sxtan), also good for science(Sxtan and Faden), Faden could be an invaluable asset on dealing with other avians, and can make good scout with her adventage.
2. Cila, Nimitz, Faden, Flintus. (More combat capable(Flintus and Nimitz), Less professional science support)
3. Cila, Nimitz, Sxtan, Flintus. (Even more combat capable, Lacks professional medical support and possible scouting capability)
4. Other combinations. (State in post, Princess Cila is definitely in, and Nimitz most definitely.)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2010, 07:32:23 am »

Personal log: We are to retrieve a crown to help maintain peace in the region. The captain in all his wisdom has decided to send the princess in a shuttle to retrieve it, along with some of our officers. The CNS-15322 Swiftwing will distract the Tyrilians, which will most likely be trying to interfere. I feel it is a senseless risk when we could directly pursue the mission with the Swiftwing, but the captain seems to be hoping to keep away from a direct confrontation.

Not that I blame him, given the state of this vessel.

I'll ensure that the shuttles are ready for launch, figure out which is more suitable for launch, and undergo any required last-minute maintenance. I'll then spend time reducing the stress of my crew, occasionally drilling my crew, practicing emergency repairs in case of an attack with the holodeck, and training with my weapon in the holodeck.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 10b, Who will be in the shuttle?)
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2010, 09:03:00 am »

Maybe 2? Having medical suppourt is a good idea and Faden certainly misses flying and probably misses other avians as well, being the only avian onboard at this time.

Now that I look at the planet info, below freezing temperatures would likely require a full body suit (short of a spacesuit) since it would be much harder to maintain the heating system. So I think I'll forego the shuttle mission.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27