Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Whats your favorite dwarf youve had?  (Read 2115 times)

The fish cleaner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whats your favorite dwarf youve had?
« on: May 01, 2010, 11:13:48 am »

So far my funnyiest one is a dwarf named Mafol "INCESTSKANK" shes got no hat and she likes sweet pods!What funnyist dwarfs have you seen in your fort?
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry!

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Whats your favorite dwarf youve had?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:19:01 am »

what is it with you and incestsknak? didn't you mod that in or something?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 02:49:33 pm »

Oh god, not no hat! Whatever shall we do?!?!?! :D

Mine was not a dwarf, but a camel who fell 12 z-levels down the central stairway and survived.

Of course, every bone in it's body was broken, but...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:19:02 pm »

My favorite is probably the speardwarf who got her hand crushed by a unicorn, so it counts as completely missing. Yet she's still in the military and one of my most badass soliders! Shame I had to abandon that fortress...

My current favorite is my military commander who, so far, has managed to kill off tow forgotten beasts with her trusty bronze short sword.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:28:42 pm »

My favorite dwarfs was a famaly i had in which the mother was a legendary wrestler who kicked gobolin @$$ nicknamed Mommy, her husband the mayor who was a legendary brewer nicknamed Dada, and their 6 childern.

Next up would by my adventure axeman who has kill many, incuding a dragon, in his adventure but has not ever taken a scrach.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 04:40:14 pm »

My favorite dwarf was a mayoress, who killed her own baby.  Goblins had just invaded, and a bug caused her to misidentify the child as an invader.  She ran around the crypts for days, attempting to escape from the attached baby, only occasionally stopping to defend herself from her pursuer by giving it a good beating.  The goblins slaughtered the dwarves on the upper levels, but the mayoress was safe in the crypts, and survived the early part of the assault.  Eventually, the crypts were covered in her baby's blood, and finally she ripped its throat out and had a bad thought about "losing a child to tragedy."  Feeling much safer, she walked upstairs to have a drink, and was ambushed by gobbos who quickly dispatched her.

If I could bring her back, I would tunnel down to hell just to recover that dwarf.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 04:46:38 pm »

I had a dwarven baby girl who lost her mother to a goblin ambush.  She crawled around for weeks, spamming the announcements with "baby cancels task: clean self, too insane".  I was convinced she was going to die of thirst but she actually grew to childhood and snapped out of her mood!  She's still running around my current fort.  I nicknamed her Marla Singer.

Kza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 04:48:01 pm »

A noble who requested leather backpacks. I never had to make a single solid gold statue to her honor.
And then it's pretty much a normal fortress from then on.
I find the idea of a normal fortress amusing.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 05:22:05 pm »

A noble who requested leather backpacks. I never had to make a single solid gold statue to her honor.
Always nice to see a noble that's concerned about the dwarven military's ability to eat. Instead of, say, Adamantine, coffins, and bedrooms.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 05:35:42 pm »

Hehe, my Mayor likes millstones and doesn`t want anyone to export them. Fair enough I think.
He also has an iffy sense of music and next to no willpower.

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 07:17:53 pm »

Wow, nice. I've always had mayors obsessed with materials I didn't have...

One even wanted 'Bismuth Items', and I'm pretty sure the *only* item in the game that's made of pure Bismuth is a Bismuth Bar - all you can do with that is make bismuth bronze...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 07:27:28 pm »

Mine was from 40d.
His name was Urist Thundercavern. Yes, Urist as a male name, I did some modding.
Anywho. Due to some failures, I made an adamantine cap. A masterwork one, while at that. Before I marked it for melting, he claimed it.
I decided to take revenge for it and sent him down my 40 z-level pit of doom. As he pulled the lever and fell, the only injury he got was a bruising to the head.
Still, he rested for 2 months after that. But when he got up, he had full set of adamantine clothes waiting. After that he was sent straight into the military to train.
When a goblin siege came, he was already a legendary. I remember the fact that he took on a whole squad by himself and got away without a cut.
A few sieges later he died after two human leaders pillowed down on him with their respective squads. You wouldn't be able to even imagine how many +human bone bolts+ flew that day.
As a farewell I melted all his clothes into a proper armor set and used the rest for a coffin for him. Or something that was supposed to be a coffin - I just ordered his corpse dumped into a tomb that was formerly for the king. Note: as he died, he had over 200 kills.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 08:16:29 pm »

My hunter, who has strangled forty three Rheesus Macaques. And has one hundred kills, half were ground hogs. Or Litalist, my happiness indicator and only mayor to have done anything useful.And my fish cleaner who went bat shit and is wanting about a metric ton of materials I don't have.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »

Legendary weapon smith who can as a migrant, and then continued to get a fey mood and make a cool sword.

That fortress ended up having a lot of high quality weapons.

Ampoliros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 08:49:44 pm »

A baby who punched a forgotten beast to death in his mother's arms. Granted, his mother later succumbed to infection, and he later died of dehydration because no one wanted to care for him...even though he was probably the AWESOMEST BABY EVER.
Pages: [1] 2