Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why are bronze calossues so strong?  (Read 3040 times)

The fish cleaner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why are bronze calossues so strong?
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:05:46 am »

I ran up against one and it killed me EASILY and i didnt have the ability to hurt it at all it seemed!So does anone else think they should be.......STRONGER!!!!!Because right now theyre WAY to hard and its making the game to hard to play!:(
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry!

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why are bronze calossues so strong?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:11:24 am »

They are so strong because wounds do not have a cumulative effect on them. Furthermore, it is presently impossible for the standard playable races to kill them since you need to cut off their lower body or head in one shot, which small creatures cannot do. To make them killable, go into creature_standard.txt in your worlds raws and change the [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRONZE] tag to [TISSUE_MATERIAL:ORGANIC:BRONZE], which will enable you to kill them.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:35:27 am »

Every part of them is made of bronze. And your weapons probably are too. It's like trying to kill humans with a sword made of skin.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 11:09:48 am »

They are made out of bronze so its like punching a wall of steel.Also can you tell me if i inspired you to make your profile?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:13:47 am by The butcher »
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 11:27:06 am »

Every part of them is made of bronze. And your weapons probably are too. It's like trying to kill humans with a sword made of skin.

..... oh god that is going to haunt my nightmares for a week.

............eh heheheheh. That could actually mean penis.

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 11:30:13 am »

I personally think it's a GOOD thing they aren't pushovers. I'll just be happy once we can actually kill them with stronger materials, even it it's just luck. Or hacking at his limbs with an axe enough that it finally falls off, which doesn't happen as it is now.

Xyus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:27 am »

They are made out of bronze so its like punching a wall of steel.Also can you tell me if i inspired you to make your profile?

Actually, that'd be more "like punching a wall of bronze." Steel is harder and stronger. It'd probably hurt marginally worse.

I say wrestle it into submission, and when it goes unconscious, RUN! (You can wrestle it into submission, right? Haven't tried yet. And if you can, can you pinch their heads?)

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 11:43:11 am »

Actually, that'd be more "like punching a wall of bronze." Steel is harder and stronger. It'd probably hurt marginally worse.

I say wrestle it into submission, and when it goes unconscious, RUN! (You can wrestle it into submission, right? Haven't tried yet. And if you can, can you pinch their heads?)
They have [NOPAIN] [NOBREATHE] [NOSTUN] [NONAUSEA] [NOEXERT] [NO_DIZZINESS] and [NOFEAR], so I severely doubt it.

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 11:44:27 am »

They don't breathe. Wrestling a bronze colossus is a recipe for disaster since it is so much larger than you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 12:14:00 pm »

They don't breathe. Wrestling a bronze colossus is a recipe for disaster since it is so much larger than you.

They may not breathe, but whatever animates them seems to be water-soluable. Get them underwater and they will never move again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 12:54:42 pm »

they don't feel pain but if you break their limbs they can't do squat but push you.
if you can knock one with such a huge force they can explode to death too like any other living creature.
water doesn't have effect on them.
we don't have 'rust' in the game yet.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 01:12:06 pm »

Or a recipe for hardcore grinding. I once got about 10 thousand XP in wrestling for grabbing a zombie giant's arm.
You can't imagine how much Fun I had, especially with their low speed.

Xyus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 02:36:22 pm »

They have [NOPAIN] [NOBREATHE] [NOSTUN] [NONAUSEA] [NOEXERT] [NO_DIZZINESS] and [NOFEAR], so I severely doubt it.

Forgot about the raws, which is weird, considering all the time I spend messing with them.

Still, that wouldn't stop me from trying to wrestle a BC.

In fact...

immolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 03:50:12 pm »

They may not breathe, but whatever animates them seems to be water-soluable. Get them underwater and they will never move again.
I think that is just a pathfinding bug. It doesn't recognize that it could just walk on the bottom.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 04:57:21 pm »

Actually, they simply can't swim. Makes sense being made of solid bronze. Depending on if they still sever on breaks you can pin a BC in a pool and then break it's limbs off at leisure. Still can't kill it though.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.
Pages: [1] 2 3