Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What kinds of food can i eat?  (Read 1588 times)

The fish cleaner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What kinds of food can i eat?
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:01:05 am »

Im starting a new adventure and i need to know what all i can eat so i wont die!My charecter is a dwarf and hes the mightiest with an axe but he will starve if i dont get him enough food! :o
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry!

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: What kinds of food can i eat?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:55:32 am »

erm... I'm just wondering if you know to "T" travel?

And really you should know what you can eat...
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:04:26 am »

On this game you CAN'T eat corpses you have to eat prepared *insert organ of animal here* You can drink water,blood and vomit.[eww]
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 01:50:39 pm »

Also, you can use shift + L to find bugs nearby you. Grab them up. They can be eaten if you're starving, or you can throw them at enemies (throwing 's been nerfed in the current version, but it's always fun to throw bugs at people).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:22:52 pm »

Or, if it's not beneath your dignity, go to a human town and buy some food.
Akur Akir Akam!

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 05:08:19 pm »

Go to a human town and buy steal some food.

Fixed

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 07:09:35 am »

Drink blood of your fallen foes. Then scare little childred by your mad expression and bloodied beard. Then kill them with their parent's leg.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 09:12:39 am »

Drink blood of your fallen foes. Then scare little childred by your mad expression and bloodied beard. Then kill them with their parent's leg.

I long for the day, when after you kill the little brats children with their parents leg you can then eat the leg or the children in front of the other villagers... Then gouge out the villagers eyes MWHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 12:45:28 pm »

I long for the day, when after you kill the little brats children with their parents leg you can then eat the leg or the children in front of the other villagers... Then gouge out the villagers eyes MWHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
You haven't been playing long enough. You seem to be of the opinion that you can't do this already under the right circumstances (hint: be starving). I suppose you can't go and kill people with a leg, though. Shame, that.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 01:29:36 pm »

You haven't been playing long enough. You seem to be of the opinion that you can't do this already under the right circumstances (hint: be starving). I suppose you can't go and kill people with a leg, though. Shame, that.
Strangely no matter how hungry my character is, I can't get him to eat bodyparts... It's not fair (I can't get him to eat children either).
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 03:20:27 pm »

I suppose you can't go and kill people with a leg, though. Shame, that.
You can! I've killed people by throwing dismemberd parts of their children at them! It was so entertaining!

The spinning human child's right hand hit's guard in head!
It's smashed into body, an unrecognisable mass!
Guard has been struck down.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 05:09:26 pm »

Misc. Object User is there for a reason, yo'. Just hack off a leg with an axe or something then pick the thing up and go buck wild. Dun remember them doing as much damage as a full corpse, but hey, that's what ogres and junk are for. Bigger thighs on those ones, for extra leg-beating power.

Anyway, for throwing, kids are pretty light. Just keep a few corpses in the pack for tossing, yuh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:29:19 pm »

I suppose you can't go and kill people with a leg, though. Shame, that.
You can! I've killed people by throwing dismemberd parts of their children at them! It was so entertaining!

The spinning human child's right hand hit's guard in head!
It's smashed into body, an unrecognisable mass!
Guard has been struck down.
It's always nice when you're happy to be proven wrong. :D
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.