Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it just me or is adventure mode far too easy?  (Read 960 times)

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
Is it just me or is adventure mode far too easy?
« on: May 01, 2010, 03:33:31 am »

99% [alright then 80%]of my characters have died due to my stupidity of sleeping near a fire,Falling  off of places etc etc And only 1 % have died due to monsters [alright 20%]but still everthing needs to be tougher.So who agrees?And if so how can i edit the game [im using 31.03 with genesis mod]To make enemies tougher?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:37:36 am by The butcher »
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

ToothedCube

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Rogueish charm]
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me or is adventure mode far too easy?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:12:30 am »

Due to the new combat system, it's REALLY difficult to die, as you mentioned (unless of course you die from blood loss by a shot to the toe or something) so here's some ways to make the game more Fun!

-You could try playing as a "Play Now!" human, with no skills, you won't take/deal out as much damage
-de-equip most of your armour, because of the combat system, armour deflects pretty much everything
-find a cave and see if you can go find the circus
-find a quest to kill a megabeast. They've been MASSIVELY overhauled in this version, and are really tough to fight without legendary skills.

alternatively, (I'm not sure if this applies in the current version, i'm not much of a modder) you could mod the creatures' [DAMBLOCK] to obscene levels.
 EDIT: Nevermind that, it doesn't apply to the current version. Maybe try modding creatures to have bronze skin or something?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:51:25 am by ToothedCube »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:11:27 am »

play the game with out killing a thing.
best to get a companion with high stats for this.
really adventure mode like fort mode is simple and easy waste hours once you 'master it'. The thing you have to do now is set up mega quest/ projects that mix both fort mode and adventure mode to reach certain goals.

so far I got the adventurer to "legendary age of" status and cause a multi races to live together (and fight each other).

so how is dying from stupidity/than dying from a random over power monster make the game easier? your still dying from dumb action in a tough world.
it's not like adventures can take a scratch in 31.#.

how easy are we talking about? like facing wildlife easy or hfs easy?
if it's the later then you must have talk the entire surface of the hidden zone that I'm not so subtly talking about.

edit: I just read about the eat drink travel exploit thread... yeah butcher never fought the hard stuff yet.

edit:still if he want so try taking a cave creature venom and giving it to every one.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:12:54 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 08:05:50 am »

Make a speed fort to the HFS at the bottom of the map. Jump down. The handicap of having two broken legs will make fighting unending hordes of Clowns much more Fun!
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Iburnaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 01:49:22 am »

Step one: Name your new dwarf Urist McFist
Step two: Pump skills into striking and dodging and wrestling
Step three: ????
Step Four: PROFIT or death. With no armor and only using your fist running into a sasquatch can be fun if your skills aren't great enough.

Also I don't find cave spelunking as fun as exploring the whole overland map, then again I could just be strange. It will be more fun when we can take a band of adventurers and found a fort in adventuremode, under ground.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 03:23:18 pm »

Due to the new combat system, it's REALLY difficult to die, as you mentioned (unless of course you die from blood loss by a shot to the toe or something) so here's some ways to make the game more Fun!

-You could try playing as a "Play Now!" human, with no skills, you won't take/deal out as much damage
-de-equip most of your armour, because of the combat system, armour deflects pretty much everything
-find a cave and see if you can go find the circus
-find a quest to kill a megabeast. They've been MASSIVELY overhauled in this version, and are really tough to fight without legendary skills.

alternatively, (I'm not sure if this applies in the current version, i'm not much of a modder) you could mod the creatures' [DAMBLOCK] to obscene levels.
[DAMBLOCK] has been removed in this versions if I'm not mistaken.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)